Poweramp builds 856-860

maxmp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@MotleyG Interesting, I tuned that specific behavior for navbar toggling on LGs - I can't reproduce any artifacts now on my LG6/7/V30 (Android 8/9). Do you use 3rd party skin? Thanks!

@maxmp it happens on all skins, built-in light and dark as well as the ones from @flyingdutchman @Mixified and @Ducktamine. In all cases it happens in fresh start or when switching back to PA from another app like Waze or even Gmail. Tried a fresh install without any 3rd party skins installed but same results.

Looks like @monkeybuttposted about this with a very similar issue yesterday too.

Good afternoon! The last three updates are faced with such a problem. I turn on the song, it plays the slider, I move the rewind does not work, 
I can’t switch to a new track, I can’t turn off the player, I have to restart the phone. 
The problem on the phones is Huawei Mate 10Pro and Huawei P30Pro. 90 percent of the tracks are flaс

@Devilo Is this for some specific tracks, for all of them, or just happening randomly? What is your audio output and output device? If it hi-res have you tried non hi-res output? My test Huaweis (wide range of devices up to Mate 30 Pro) work OK with latest builds. Thanks!

I can confirm that thing MotleyG said does happen, it actually always happened, but for me it was such a small thing and since it would go away right after any in app screen change I never actually reported it

But yeah it always happened since V3 800+ builds on my LG G7, it happened while on Oreo and now on Pie

Again, for me it always were such a small thing I never bothered with, just confirming it indeed happen...

On 1/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, MotleyG said:

@maxmp it happens on all skins, built-in light and dark as well as the ones from @flyingdutchman @Mixified and @Ducktamine. In all cases it happens in fresh start or when switching back to PA from another app like Waze or even Gmail. Tried a fresh install without any 3rd party skins installed but same results.

Looks like @monkeybuttposted about this with a very similar issue yesterday too.

@maxmp I received an update (?) last night via Google Play Store, yet it still shows 860. However the issue with the nav bar seems to have been resolved. Was there a tweak you made without changing the version number? Or is it possible this was from the download version that I have used for the past couple of updates? Either way I am very glad to see the behaviour back to normal for me!

11 hours ago, MotleyG said:

I received an update (?) last night via Google Play Store, yet it still shows 860

It was a stable release (looks like it) as those who were not on Beta got it in my observation.

Note: I'm on Beta and still got the same version update.

Good day,

when the three dot menu is hidden (new setting), the lower text bar still gets too long so that the two bars are not justified on the right side. This can only be seen when the song title is longer than one line and happens both when title animation is turned on or off. It is, of course, not a problem of functionality, but it doesn't look good for my taste.

See the comparison between the two settings.

Best, Lucas

(Huawei Mate 9, Android 7.0)

CollageMaker_20200120_192646840.thumb.jpg.813419be01663f18ec842dbdd414ad29.jpg

Well ive no idea whether this is the right place to post, but i really just wanted to pass on *HUGE* thanks for implementing the "eq per bluetooth device" feature..... ive been hanging out for this for years, and very happy when it appeared sometime over the festive season. So thanks for making it happen.

I didn't get a response in the bug section so I'm reposting here.

I think there's a bug with the way Poweramp handles saving the eq presets per bluetooth device.   Sometimes when i connect a device it shows the previous device and eq.  and when switching the eq setting to the one i need then when the next song comes it switches back to the previous one again.   sometimes if i turn on my headphones and back on then it will show up as the correct device.   yesterday i had the speaker listed in there twice for the eq setting/device!!!!  once was checked and the other was unchecked.   I've been noticing these issues for the last few days.   I hope there's a fix.   either Poweramp is reading the wrong BT device or android is not consistent on what it's reporting. 

Also noticed that when this happens the player doesn't start playing on connect as well.   This never used to happen.  So I have to click play myself  

Current build from the play store I have to kill the app all the time. I'll see a scan occurring in the top right corner and I'll be locked into whatever list I'm in. Most of the time the scan stops and I can either move forward or back from the current list. Sometimes I'm stuck in that list and have to kill the app.this may started happening with this update. 

Sony Xperia z5 compact 

I absolutely love and approve of the addition of the "Years" top-level category, but it has again raised an issue I have noticed. I only see album lengths when I enter through the "Albums" category. Navigating to an album from any other category will show the number of tracks and year, but the album length is missing between those two. I have the metadata header turned on, am I missing something, or should this be a (minor) feature request? Thanks maxmp!

Hi all, I had for some time now problems with Poweramp and I don't know how to solve them. 

1. I don't know with which build it started, but every time I close Poweramp and start it again the equalizer settings are turned of even though it was turned on before. I attached a pic to show the equalizer after a restart of Poweramp. 

2. The library is messed up. After factory resetting my phone and reinstalling everything my filter for sorting albums by date of adding them to library doesn't work. Its sorted in a totally inlogical order. Every time I reinstall it, it sorts them always in the same order. 

3. Weird enough and maybe it has something to do with it, no matter how many times I reinstall Poweramp and cache clean in and so on, it always has the same settings turned on. I didn't import Amy settings. 

Please, I need some help with this 

Best regards 

Screenshot_20200131-165822_Poweramp.jpg

18 minutes ago, BobbieMoo said:

2. The library is messed up. After factory resetting my phone and reinstalling everything my filter for sorting albums by date of adding them to library doesn't work. Its sorted in a totally inlogical order. Every time I reinstall it, it sorts them always in the same order. 

After a factory reset (and/or copying music back into the file system) PA will have to build a completely new library database from scratch, so everything will be 'recently added' as far as the app is concerned, with the fine ordering presumably defined by the sequence that the directories actually got crawled.

You could switch to using file-system time/date (last modified) stamps for the List Options sort order which should remain consistent for SD Card contents, but possibly not for internal memory depending on how you copied the files back (some apps retain the file's last-modified stamp while others, such as Windows FTP, don't keep that metadata so the files will just show up as the time/date they was created on the phone). 

A fresh install will return the EQ settings to app default, which you can override by exporting settings before you do the resinstall and re-importing them. Remember that EQ/Tone active status can also be adjusted per output device now. 

Andre

22 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

After a factory reset (and/or copying music back into the file system) PA will have to build a completely new library database from scratch, so everything will be 'recently added' as far as the app is concerned, with the fine ordering presumably defined by the sequence that the directories actually got crawled.

You could switch to using file-system time/date (last modified) stamps for the List Options sort order which should remain consistent for SD Card contents, but possibly not for internal memory depending on how you copied the files back (some apps retain the file's last-modified stamp while others, such as Windows FTP, don't keep that metadata so the files will just show up as the time/date they was created on the phone). 

A fresh install will return the EQ settings to app default, which you can override by exporting settings before you do the resinstall and re-importing them. Remember that EQ/Tone active status can also be adjusted per output device now. 

Andre

Thank you Andre, you helped me a lot. Ingot the equalizer fixed, I didn't understand though how use the time date stamps you mentioned though 😂

1 hour ago, BobbieMoo said:

I didn't understand though how use the time date stamps you mentioned though 😂

In the Recently Added songs list, tap the three-dots icon and then List Options. You can choose from "by date added to Library" (meaning the first time Poweramp found and scanned this file into its Library, so all songs will be roughly equal when you first install the app) or "By date added/modified" (which uses the file system's 'last-modified' time/date stamp, which will sort songs based on the times that the music files were flagged as last being changed, edited, ripped, etc).

Andre

40 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

In the Recently Added songs list, tap the three-dots icon and then List Options. You can choose from "by date added to Library" (meaning the first time Poweramp found and scanned this file into its Library, so all songs will be roughly equal when you first install the app) or "By date added/modified" (which uses the file system's 'last-modified' time/date stamp, which will sort songs based on the times that the music files were flagged as last being changed, edited, ripped, etc).

Andre

I got it, thank you Andre 

Could you post the tag info screens for the two tracks Mercy (Live) and Have It All (Live), as that first block of songs seem to be correctly in album order, but then it jumps and starts again. Just wondering if there is anything different in the tag encoding between the two which is causing the tracks to be treated as belonging to separate albums.

Andre

Hello,

I've opted for beta to test the wonderful equalizer-by-BT-device feature. It works quiet well, but sometimes it won't work. Especially with the Bluetooth from my car.

When connecting to my car, the wrong equalizer preset is selected. I have to close Poweramp then remove it for recent tasks (sometimes I even have to force close it). When it restarts, it chooses the right preset. As long as I don't close Poweramp, if the wrong preset is used, even if I change preset manually, when the next song starts, the wrong preset will be selected again.

I have the problem when connecting to my BT car, and also for the device following my car audio, so I think it is linked to the BT of my car. I've triple checked settings, removed presets, recreated it, but it's the same.

I use Tasker for BT tasks and it manages to handle all BT devices well, so I think the problem is in Poweramp.

Yes it is different. Artist is different but album artist is the same. Also it should be like: album artist/album/track number or artist/album/track number. 

Same artist/album is shuffled too.

Ohh and another bug or something. When i connect my phone to my car over bluetooth (no android auto yet) Poweramp sends the song and folder data but seems like toyota touch 2.0 only can define the current played song. When I want to go in folder view or Categories like most recent (shows it) it just droppes me out to the home screen screen screen :D I think it is a Toyota touch 2.0 bug.

Best regards.

IMG_20200208_123822.jpg

IMG_20200208_123910.jpg

Archived