Poweramp builds 856-860

maxmp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to support streams now, just a couple of bugs I've noticed so far:

• Adding a new stream via "add URL" sometimes overwrites any existing stream added.
  • Manual rescan of library empties the stream list.
  • Sometimes the All Songs icon appears instead of the Streams icon.

No problems here. Thanks for the update.

I have a few songs that don't have square album arts and sadly they get cropped in the center instead of being resized.
It would be really awesome if we could have an option to resize album art instead of cropping. (eg: 1000x700 -> 500x350 instead of being cropped from the center as a 500x500.)

4 hours ago, Onurtag said:

I have a few songs that don't have square album arts and sadly they get cropped in the center instead of being resized.

Horizontal cover artwork is handled correctly and shown as a landscape image,  but for some reason vertical images (such as portraits, DVD-format covers, etc) have always been cropped to square. I don't know why they are handled differently, but there have been a few other requests asking for this cropping to be corrected so you can see the whole cover image. 

Andre

Excellent update thanks max it's working perfectly on my mobile.

There is a bug while listening to streaming playlist/URL if I choose to see the info tag it crashes instantly. Also if i try to mail you after crashing from Poweramp it generates empty mail with no log in it

If you select a radio station from the new Streams list, it doesn't work if you are in Shuffle All mode. Instead, PA switches into All Songs mode (I usually listen in Folders mode) and starts a brand new shuffle sequence at 1/xxxx.

Also, if you select a radio station directly from the Playlist category, it does play correctly but PA switches from Shuffle All to Shuffle Songs. Actually, just checked further and this happens when selecting any Playlist-based song.

I can also confirm the app crash when selecting Info/Tags for a radio stream (either in the Player UI or in the list view).

Andre

44 minutes ago, jorgensen said:

Album arts in Album Artists list has vanished.

No problem in other lists.

Same on two devices.

Noticed this as well on 2 different devices and android versions. I have cleared PA cache and selected again the "image/album art" from storage but it didn't take effect.

Screenshot_20200102-180303.jpg

Screenshot_20200102-180323.jpg

17 minutes ago, Onurtag said:

I have Playlists selected as my home location but when I tap it, the Composers menu opens instead 

I think the new additional Streams and Years modes may have broken the selection feature for items lower down the list, as everything Genres and above seems to work and the ones in Years and below fail.

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Horizontal cover artwork is handled correctly and shown as a landscape image,  but for some reason vertical images (such as portraits, DVD-format covers, etc) have always been cropped to square. I don't know why they are handled differently, but there have been a few other requests asking for this cropping to be corrected so you can see the whole cover image. 

Andre

For wide horizontal album art it looks OKish in main screen lists. Unfortunately, tall images look bad everywhere. I guess I can add option enabling tall aspect ratios anyway, though other system layers (notifications, etc.) still may change aspect ratio of images.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

I guess I can add option enabling tall aspect ratios anyway

Definitely a good idea. I guess whether it looks very good or not needs to come secondary to whether it actually fulfils its purpose - i.e. can you see the title text at the top and bottom of a DVD-style sleeve?

Maybe a three-way setting somewhere, for always displaying artwork as cropped square covers, or using a stretch-into-square, or correct ratio for rectangular images? (such as setting could apply to all cover images, both vertical and horizontal)

Andre

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

new -10/+10s Rewind Pro Buttons option
For the long tracks

Which reminds me, another thing that would be really useful within that long-track Settings area would be a tickbox to omit long-tracks from Shuffled playback sequences. When listening to a random selection of music, you really don't want Chapter 8 of War and Peace to start playing, or a 30-minute radio comedy, or a 2-hour podcast, etc. 

Andre

Having a problem with the Library list on Android 7.0

If I tap on Streams nothing happens and after this all other categories become inaccessible too, the app start behaving wrong. The screen is stuck to the Library and pressing Back button gives me player controls over the Library categories none of which I can still access, I am able to switch to the EQ screen but can never get back to the song view after this. Also unable to leave the app by pressing Back button. Only app restart fixes this.

image.thumb.png.75a6ab8bc175b3c1493a6c19c72e8fdb.png

11 minutes ago, Bernardo said:

There's something happening to me that didn't happened until this update; when I play songs (that I have played before but didn't finished listening) they now start from where I left them instead of starting at 0:00

There are two features that control this:

One is global, based solely on track lengths so you can return to your previous playback position within long audio tracks (Settings > Library > "Store/Restore Per Track Progress").

The other is local, and can be set independently for every library category (tap the three-dots menu icon in any category's songs view, and tick/untick "Per Track Progress").

Andre

13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There are two features that control this:

One is global, based solely on track lengths so you can return to your previous playback position within long audio tracks (Settings > Library > "Store/Restore Per Track Progress").

The other is local, and can be set independently for every library category (tap the three-dots menu icon in any category's songs view, and tick/untick "Per Track Progress").

Andre

Thanks! Now it's fixed

Archived