Poweramp builds 856-860

maxmp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years is a really nice addition!

I've noticed websites are now starting to add the month and day the albums are released to the year field. Is there a possibility Poweramp could also recognize the rest of the year tag and sort in order of month?

Example: an album released today is being tagged 2019-01-03 instead of just 2019.

I think this would be amazing if you could go into the new years category and all of the albums are listed in order by the month they came out because of this extra part of the tag. One artist I listen to released 4 albums this year. Poweramp currently has no way to show them in the order they were released. 

I don't think it's necessary to show that extra bit of tagging, just utilizing it for sorting.

21 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

Excellent update thanks max it's working perfectly on my mobile.

There is a bug while listening to streaming playlist/URL if I choose to see the info tag it crashes instantly. Also if i try to mail you after crashing from Poweramp it generates empty mail with no log in it

I confirm I get the same errors. Also, if I want to access Streams from the library, the whole library freezes and I have to force close the app and open in again so that I can use it.

The device that I am using is a Pocophone with the latest MIUI 11 global stable version, no root.

6 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I've noticed websites are now starting to add the month and day the albums are released to the year field. Is there a possibility Poweramp could also recognize the rest of the year tag and sort in order of month?

Yes, that would be nice. Especially for sorting Single tracks when there could be dozens of songs released in any given year, and it would be nicer to see them displayed in order of day of release where possible - assuming the information is present in the tags of course, otherwise just default to assuming that song is a 1st-of-January release.

Andre

Hi, thanks for the update!

Inoticed that when I use "Reset" button on the Equ/Tone/Limit screen the values are reset however all the effects: Equ, Tone and Limiter get switched on. Is it by design or is it a bug?

Also, when one uses Reverb, there is no information about it in the Audio Info screen.

5 minutes ago, pawelb said:

Inoticed that when I use "Reset" button on the Equ/Tone/Limit screen the values are reset however all the effects: Equ, Tone and Limiter get switched on. Is it by design or is it a bug?

Presumably by design, as it would just revert back to the initial app default settings (i.e. everything flat, but the controls are still active in case the user wants to adjust anything).

Andre

Oh, by the way, would it be possible to add support for additional date field in Poweramp? Musicbrainz Picard uses the default "date" field to store particular release's release date (so, for example, 2012 for a 2012 reissue of 1970 album), while the original date the music was first released is stored in the "originaldate" field (Musicbrainz tagging). It would be great if one could choose whether to use "date" or "originaldate" for sorting and display purposes!

Thanks @maxamp for your reply. I am on the Google Play Poweramp beta channel and I got all the previous versions, cant recall the version number but I am sure I got all of them one at a time, so it was exactly the previous one. I am unable to find log option in the settings, where do I find the log you requested?

Build 857:

• "After the current list" for Start Playing Queue option
  • -10/+10s buttons also apply to Long category
  • new Keep Aspect Ratio option
    While it tries best to keep cover aspect ratio, tall images won't properly fit some UI areas and still cropped in notifications and in the other Android UI
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
  • translations updates
    Big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 857:

While it tries best to keep cover aspect ratio, tall images won't properly fit some UI areas and still cropped in notifications and in the other Android UI
  • translations updates

The Album Art now shows in the Album Artists category. Thanks, Max!

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 857:

• translations updates

Thanks for the update everything is fine now & new keep aspect ratio option is awesome

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 857:

Many thanks for this, I know a lot of users will appreciate this feature returning.

The following is nit-picky I know, but to avoid extra confusion to users could the wording be updated to use v3 terminology (i.e. 'Category' rather than 'List')? It's the same as with those otherwise-trivial 'Repeat' icon wording changes - Play One|Category|All, Repeat One|Category|All - that I keep banging on about (sorry!), it just makes support explanations easier when the interface terminology is consistent. 

Andre

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

Working great now in Artist, Albums, etc views and in the Player UI, thank you!

However in Folders/Folders Hierarchy category views, portrait images are showing as squished into a square (landscape covers are fine). e.g. Player UI and Folders view below:

image.png

image.png

Andre

Just realised something when I went to switch to my next podcast folder... those lovely new -10/+10s buttons have replaced the Category change feature (for Next/Prev Folder/Album/etc) so you can no longer quickly change Categories - and that was one of the main reasons for users wanting Pro Buttons back in the first place. Could the old up/down swipe on artwork be reinstated sooner rather than later to fix this issue without having to disable the -10/+10 buttons? Thanks.

Andre

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 857:

• translations updates

Thanks for the "Keep Aspect Ratio" option. All the continuing improvements are great, but that option really made my day. :)

Archived