Poweramp Build 799 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gungeonkeeper said:

Hi-Res output not working again on LG V10 with Android 7.0

It used to work on the 790 build, what changed?

790 would allow you to enable High-Res output even if the phone was not actually passing on the high res content, so it may not have been working on 790 at all (with the app just saying that it was). Later builds have more feature checking.

Andre

7 hours ago, RunRabbitRun said:

My phone just had a system update (Galaxy S7, Android version 8, Samsung experience version 9) and now Poweramp keeps saying it can't verify the license because I have no google accounts.. The account I purchased the unlocker with on the website is still on my phone... 

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and unlocker (backup settings and playlists first). Clearing app data for the Google Play Store on your phone might help too.

Andre

13 hours ago, mr_space said:

Gapless is working on my Axon 7 from external sd card, just for info...

Thnx for the info. Interesting, I have an Axon 7 as well. Can you give me info on the brand and model of your SD card and the files you're playing? Maybe you can share two files with me so I can check what happens on my phone and we can help Maxmp with fixing this? 

Are you running the original OS or have you rooted/flashed your Axon?

Ps. Axon 9 is quite disappointing isn't it?

4 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Thnx for the info. Interesting, I have an Axon 7 as well. Can you give me info on the brand and model of your SD card and the files you're playing? Maybe you can share two files with me so I can check what happens on my phone and we can help Maxmp with fixing this? 

Are you running the original OS or have you rooted/flashed your Axon?

Ps. Axon 9 is quite disappointing isn't it?

My sd card is a 64go verbatim class10. I rip my cd's with XLD and the gapless info is showing in tags, my phone is off right now, charging. Original android 7 (20171208165808491), no root.

@maxmp IMG_20181012_161054.thumb.png.396d8df47c35e8a64906974354ee9fc6.pngThe user interface is almost complete, and the only part that remains the same as in versions 709 and even version 2 of the program is Staatus load, which has undermined some of the synchronization of the program, if this section, such as the navigation buttons, is completely identical with the interface, The application interface becomes more appealing.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

790 would allow you to enable High-Res output even if the phone was not actually passing on the high res content, so it may not have been working on 790 at all (with the app just saying that it was). Later builds have more feature checking.

Andre

Hmmm, well that might be the case but I did hear a difference while switching between outputs on the 790 build (specifically between HiRes and OpenSL ES HD, with HiRes sounding slightly better each time). I guess I'll just revert to that build for now. 

Also, I just realised there is no more OpenSL ES HD in the latest build (799?). Why is that?

3 hours ago, Gungeonkeeper said:

Also, I just realised there is no more OpenSL ES HD in the latest build (799?). Why is that?

As I said, 790 did not check if a feature wad actually available on the specific device and ROM version (especially the ROM version for OpenSL HD). Newer beta builds only offer things which actually should do something on your device.

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes dear Tip-top, that is of course the nature and purpose of test releases. If you aren't prepared for some bugs, don't use beta-test software.

Andre

The 797 version works almost perfectly, but Max broke something again, although I believe that the interface is debugged, with the exception of headers that spoil the cover. I would like Max to adapt DVC to Android Pie.

Hello, first of all ,this is the best music player no doubt. And i love new updates though it needs more stabilizations.

I will suggest one update for next build.

Still there is a problem with music player interface. I didn't see any previous and next buttons in interface.

Please look into it and correct the bug.

Thanks and regards,

Gokul

On 10/5/2018 at 10:26 AM, zeeya said:

Thanks @maxmp for frequent updates.

Please dedicate your time on the UI also.

"Poweramp is the World's best player with the ugliest UI" 

Bring back mouse scroll support in library view. 

Are you kidding me? He re-did it entirely. And it looks great now. 

44 minutes ago, Gokulvn111 said:

Hello, first of all ,this is the best music player no doubt. And i love new updates though it needs more stabilizations.

I will suggest one update for next build.

Still there is a problem with music player interface. I didn't see any previous and next buttons in interface.

Please look into it and correct the bug.

Thanks and regards,

Gokul

have you gone to settings/look and feel/skin, and allowed pro buttons?

On 10/11/2018 at 1:35 PM, mr_space said:

Gapless is working on my Axon 7 from external sd card, just for info...

Gapless has been working fine for songs on SD and internal for a while, so strange. My S4 sid and does it just fine as well as my S7 and the galaxy player 4.2 [sans aac so clearly a processing issue to an extent]

Honestly most people have their music stored on SD card so there's clearly something odd here. Between a crappy SD card and files not properly encoded the Moto 5G should be more than capable of gapless playback in Poweramp.

Edit: totally quoted the wrong person lol

Hi Max! Really great update!

However I miss a larger integration with Google, expecially with "ok Google" routines.

Is there any chance you can integrate Poweramp with music players recognised by Google app, like Google play music and Deezer?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20181013-102143_Google.jpg

On 10/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, zotan said:

If I hit play or shuffle in a subfolder of Folder Hierarchy, it plays a song from a completely different album...

This does not happen with build 797 or lower, but does with 798/799

edit: same goes for the wrong sorting of new albums in folder hierachy, that bug is also only in 798/799

On 10/9/2018 at 6:05 PM, soundsample said:

Oneplus 6 Oreo

After switching to hi res output, sound is routed to the speaker. Output opensl es works fine.

If I play songs from speaker, whatsapp notifications sounds are loud as normal but when I connect a bluetooth adapter to my car (it hasn't bluetooth but has a line in) notification are very very low. PA ducks but notification sound is very hard to hear.

Problem with folder hierarchy. Not in alphabetic order. 3 new folders added tonight and they are on top of the list.

Thanks to Max for the work he's doing

On 10/11/2018 at 12:30 AM, FT907 said:

Just to ask all Oreo user,  did you all need to disable the Direct volume control  (DVC) to avoid the bad quality sound (too much bass so that the sound is "breaking' ) and  set the Replay Gain to more the -10dB  (say -15 dB) to avoid the breaking sound?

My device is LG Q6+ , Poweramp worked fine in 7.1.1 previously, but it have serious sound problem after upgraded to Oreo 8.10.

Thanks for reply.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:23 PM, Gungeonkeeper said:

Hi-Res output not working again on LG V10 with Android 7.0

It used to work on the 790 build, what changed?

[soundsample] Rarely I have this point when playing from the hi-res output with DVC enabled makes the sound go to the speakers rather than the headphones. With me a simple phone reboot fix this.

[FT907] I have a LG G7 on stock Oreo ROM, and I never had faced this problem with the DVC neither on the default or hi-res output since I got this phone (when PA was on the 790 version)...

[Gungeonkeeper] as I said on the upper lines I'm on Android Oreo, but the hi-res works perfectly here... My old phone didn't had hi-res output so I can't really say much. Consider this just as a reference

I tagged these 3 comments together because I thought the replies directed to one could be interesting for another '3'

On 10/11/2018 at 3:09 AM, luv4metalcore said:

Okay, finally got it fixed and it was duplicates in an artist. Dang, that was a pain in the arse. Glad I found it though. Now take a break and relax, LOL! MusicBee and Poweramp have same count.

Nice, that's good info for other people having that problem: turn on and off the hide duplicates in the options so you can see if that's what it is.

2 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Nice, that's good info for other people having that problem: turn on and off the hide duplicates in the options so you can see if that's what it is.

As far as I know, the duplicates option is for Playlists, not the general library.

Andre

Archived