Poweramp Build 799 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

On 10/7/2018 at 4:47 AM, hypomaniac-eric said:

another update.   The phone still jumps back to the first track in the playlist about 15 seconds after connecting to the bluetooth speaker or car stereo.   so annoying.   and i have to turn the shuffle off and back on because it stops working when this happens.  

Same here, not just when connecting to Bluetooth, but if I haven't used PA for a while or if it was closed in the background. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Tip-top said:

Max, so what about sorting folders across the hierarchy? In the new version, everything is broken, will there be a fix?

@maxmp I can confirm this. It worked fine in previous versions, but in 799 the folders are not sorted in alphabetical order. Is it possible to release a version with just this fix, since folder hierarchy is not useable in this way. Thx!

3 hours ago, DD109 said:

On 799.  Music stops at the end of every song.  Than have to hit play again.  Wakelock and keep service have been ticked with no change as well.

How are you playing your music, regular modes such as Albums, Folders, etc, or using Playlists? There have been some reports of similar issues with Playlist playback.

Andre

Each time I scan for songs I added to micro so card as 12,125, Poweramp reads only 12,015. Where is this other 100+ songs? I even got ignore songs lowest setting of 2 seconds and under. Should be an option to not ignore all songs. I like my full albums. Any way to keep it from not adding songs? All as mp3. Never had this problem before or noticed it. Please fix it.

I don't understand the required full swipe when changing tracks to prev/next album. That seems very unintuitive. Also that prev swipe changes to track 1 of the previous album instead of last track is still unexpected.

The only sense I can make of it is if he intended track and list change based on left/right swipe length, but left it unfinished as a result.

I would change it to swipe for album change and tap left or right side of album art for track change. Keeping only down swipe to enter the track list.

15 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Each time I scan for songs I added to micro so card as 12,125, Poweramp reads only 12,015. Where is this other 100+ songs? I even got ignore songs lowest setting of 2 seconds and under. Should be an option to not ignore all songs. I like my full albums. Any way to keep it from not adding songs? All as mp3. Never had this problem before or noticed it. Please fix it.

There is an option to "Don't ignore - include all". Down swipe to see above "2".

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

How are you playing your music, regular modes such as Albums, Folders, etc, or using Playlists? There have been some reports of similar issues with Playlist playback.

Andre

Happens to me in playing from a folder. Even if I repeat the same song it stops. I click on play twice on my headphones and it plays again. 

4 hours ago, djdarko said:

There is an option to "Don't ignore - include all". Down swipe to see above "2".

Okay, thanks! Guess I did not scroll far enough.

Edit: Did a rescan after that and still shows 12,015 and not 12,125.

No matter what I do it stays at 12,015. I even rebooted phone.

Just does not make any sense, because MusicBee says copied 12,125.

17 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Okay, thanks! Guess I did not scroll far enough.

Edit: Did a rescan after that and still shows 12,015 and not 12,125.

No matter what I do it stays at 12,015. I even rebooted phone.

Just does not make any sense, because MusicBee says copied 12,125.

Yeah the "include all" is practically hidden, I found it by chance early on.

Try this:

Go to your folder selection, de-select your music folder, and select a folder that doesn't have any music.

Do a full re-scan. You should have 0 tracks in library.

Go back to the folder selection, and select your normal folder/s.

Full rescan, see if that changes anything. (for me, my short/empty tracks didn't show up until I did this)

6 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Try this:

Go to your folder selection, de-select your music folder, and select a folder that doesn't have any music.

Do a full re-scan. You should have 0 tracks in library.

Go back to the folder selection, and select your normal folder/s.

Full rescan, see if that changes anything. (for me, my short/empty tracks didn't show up until I did this)

Did it and still says 12,015. This is when I do a shuffle from all songs, and it does the songs/categories, but tried other shuffle settings to no change on total songs.

4 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Did it and still says 12,015. This is when I do a shuffle from all songs, and it does the songs/categories, but tried other shuffle settings to no change on total songs.

Dang, I'm a loss of ideas.

Try to identify which tracks aren't showing up. That should lead to more clues.

11 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Dang, I'm a loss of ideas.

Try to identify which tracks aren't showing up. That should lead to more clues.

Not sure how to do that without spending hours on it. Found mp3 diags and see if it detects any errors or wrong tags.

Edit: Scan of mp3s at around 500 now, that is going to take forever but I guess I will just have to wait, LOL. To me everything is forever.

13 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Not sure how to do that without spending hours on it. Found mp3 diags and see if it detects any errors or wrong tags.

Check to see how many albums you are missing, in MusicBee it says it at the top left (Need to select "Album Artist")

In Poweramp, you can see the album count by going to Library > Albums  - then hit SELECT, it will say 0/### albums selected.

If you have multiple Genres of music, that could help to, by checking by genre how many tracks are missing.

By the way, are all of your albums single file? You don't use CUE files do you?

5 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Check to see how many albums you are missing, in MusicBee it says it at the top left (Need to select "Album Artist")

In Poweramp, you can see the album count by going to Library > Albums  - then hit SELECT, it will say 0/### albums selected.

If you have multiple Genres of music, that could help to, by checking by genre how many tracks are missing.

By the way, are all of your albums single file? You don't use CUE files do you?

Both MusicBee and Poweramp says 994 albums but still MusicBee says 12,125 tracks, while Poweramp says 12,015 tracks.

I think it is corrupt mp3s or bad tags.

Oops, wrong. I changed the font size in MusicBee because it was so small, that I could not see the actual album amount and thought it said 994 albums but actually MusicBee says 995 albums, which is one more than Poweramp but one album could not hold out of 100+ songs. Just saw 4 albums unknown, that is what is causing the problem.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Does it while playing an album or playlist.  Sometimes it doesn't do it.  But for most of the day at work it did stop at the end of each song

20 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Now, it says 994 albums in MusicBee changing the genre on those albums, and changing other genre on other albums that should be something else. So I am going to resync mp3s and see if that fixed it.

Had this happen recently with some flac's. Had to decode to wav and re-encode the files before they would show up. Also songs with special characters won't show up in playlists. Like sometimes a song downloaded off the web will have the wrong – in the name and I have to rename the file before it works.

46 minutes ago, Absinthequ said:

Had this happen recently with some flac's. Had to decode to wav and re-encode the files before they would show up. Also songs with special characters won't show up in playlists. Like sometimes a song downloaded off the web will have the wrong – in the name and I have to rename the file before it works.

I normally get that problem with apostrophes

Replace these:
` ´ ’ ‘
With this:
'

Archived