Poweramp Build 799 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

50 minutes ago, FT907 said:

Just to ask all Oreo user,  did you all need to disable the Direct volume control  (DVC) to avoid the bad quality sound (too much bass so that the sound is "breaking' ) and  set the Replay Gain to more the -10dB  (say -15 dB) to avoid the breaking sound?

My device is LG Q6+ , Poweramp worked fine in 7.1.1 previously, but it have serious sound problem after upgraded to Oreo 8.10.

Thanks for reply.

I don't have any problem on Oreo 8.0 stock Xperia XZ, sounds epicly nice

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Calendar said:

Can we have option like in Neutron where the sample rate that being use same as music file's sample rate.

It just I have 48khz,44.1khz and 192khz and its getting dull to change everytime.

Agree, but as long as one of the highest priorities is gapless playing, we will not see that.

Hopping some day a Poweramp Pro will be released, where features are on audio quality (eg no sample change), configurable library lists, parametric equalizer,  sound processing like FxSound, sound setting per audio output and album/playlist.

My HTC has a fixed setting of 48kHz/16-bit, which can be changed in Poweramp, and have chosen 88kHz (24-bit)

Well, I am giving up on it. No matter what the heck I do, it always will be short of what MusicBee says for total of tracks on Poweramp. I tried to the point of being sick of trying more. The count on Poweramp is always different. The difference is 26 tracks, and it is just too hard to find at around 12,000 songs.

Seems that I've understood, what was wrong for me with beta builds. On v2 with folder-hierachical lists songs were still sorted with through metadata. And on v3 they are sorted by name(so, some songs are not in place). Is there any way to control sorting logic?

9 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

I guess the best way to find out what mp3s are bad is add one artist discography at a time until I find out which are not getting recognized by Poweramp.

See the earlier post in this thread for a method to do this automatically, by creating a Playlist containing all of the songs currently in your Library and then exporting it to an M3U file (so you can then use comparison software to analyse it): 

[Edit: I see you found it in the meantime, it was duplicate files in your song collection. The above method might still help other people though]

Andre

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

See the earlier post in this thread for a method to do this automatically, by creating a Playlist containing all of the songs currently in your Library and then exporting it to an M3U file (so you can then use comparison software to analyse it): 

[Edit: I see you found it in the meantime, it was duplicate files in your song collection. The above method might still help other people though]

Andre

Yeah, I was looking through my collection on MusicBee for like the big long albums that are deluxe edition, limited edition, and special edition with many tracks and it was one last artist that had duplicates, and if I did not check again for duplicates, then I would got sick of trying. Not last one in collection but apparently the last one to catch to fix it.

41 minutes ago, nostromo said:

Some folders in the library are not in alphabetical order. I use the Folder Hierarchy  

This is a known issue which crept in to build 799. Regular Folders (list) mode is still fine by the way, it's just Folder Hierarchy that seems to be mis-sorting newly added folders.

Andre 

7 hours ago, FT907 said:

Just to ask all Oreo user,  did you all need to disable the Direct volume control  (DVC) to avoid the bad quality sound (too much bass so that the sound is "breaking' ) and  set the Replay Gain to more the -10dB  (say -15 dB) to avoid the breaking sound?

My device is LG Q6+ , Poweramp worked fine in 7.1.1 previously, but it have serious sound problem after upgraded to Oreo 8.10.

Thanks for reply.

Yeah I'm doing just that. Disabling DVC when high res is turned on also fixed some other weird issues like not having any sound when a game is opened. Closing the game would immediately resume the sound (the track does not get paused).

Наблюдается ошибка с остановкой музыки на 799 версии, а именно, когда происходит переход с одного трека на другой, при завершении первого (Не ручное переключение). Meizu PRO6, Android 7.1.1

6 hours ago, eserim said:

Still failing Gapless on my Moto G5 with files on SD card ?

Maxmp is aware of this. Gapless only fails when songs are loaded from SD. Gapless works from SD when files are preloaded. Maxmp is looking for a way to make this work. It's more than a feature request than a bug fix though, since gapless works fine when songs are loaded from internal memory.

9 hours ago, luv4metalcore said:

Okay, finally got it fixed and it was duplicates in an artist. Dang, that was a pain in the arse. Glad I found it though. Now take a break and relax, LOL! MusicBee and Poweramp have same count.

Mmm, LOL?

Thank Cthulhu I'm only keeping 2609 songs in my phone... I'd rather throw my phone against the wall before manually checking +12000 songs. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Maxmp is aware of this. Gapless only fails when songs are loaded from SD. Gapless works from SD when files are preloaded. Maxmp is looking for a way to make this work. It's more than a feature request than a bug fix though, since gapless works fine when songs are loaded from internal memory.

Gapless is working on my Axon 7 from external sd card, just for info...

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

This is a known issue which crept in to build 799. Regular Folders (list) mode is still fine by the way, it's just Folder Hierarchy that seems to be mis-sorting newly added folders.

Andre 

Well, you need to fix it, right, dear Andre? And then we fix one, and break the other. Prka 797 version, there are no problems.

Use "Floders Hierarchy" to view songs. Folders will only be sorted according to the modified date of the folder. They cannot be sorted according to other list options. I hope to have the past version sorted by path. In addition, in the past version, the folder The cover is that the cover can be set through the pictures in the directory, and if there is a song in the new version of the folder, then the cover of the folder is the inline cover of the first song, so that the cover of the folder cannot be customized. I hope you can pay attention, thank you very much!

Archived