maxmp

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2018 at 10:57 PM, h.h said:

hi 

when final version of pa 3 come?

Why do you wait for it?

There will be nothing new. 799 build is feature complete and final build will only fix some glitches on certain devices. If the player already does run well on your device then you literally aren't going to get anything with the final update.

39 minutes ago, Volume said:

Why do you wait for it?

There will be nothing new. 799 build is feature complete and final build will only fix some glitches on certain devices. If the player already does run well on your device then you literally aren't going to get anything with the final update.

If you're so satisfied with the current version why did you bother looking at the forum to even see his message? Most of us realize there won't be new features, we just want fixes. A lot of people have complained that the player stops after every track, and I've seen that album art goes missing at random; two bugs introduced in build 799. That's just off the top of my head.

So after downloading for the first time Version 3, I have to say I really like it!

I have been using it for a couple of hours and this is what I have to say.

The UI is nice, the redesign great, the visualizations are finally here and most important the new Audio Engine.

Now a few of my gripes. Most of these are QoL things since I didn't experience any bugs (maybe except one). I organized them so they are easier to read and go from important to less important. (not that they are THAT important)

Player

1. I would like an option to disable the swipe left/right for next/prev song  (like in the old version). BUT keep it in the miniPlayer :) (like: 1.Enabled 2.MiniPlayerOnly 3.PlayerOnly 4.Disabled)

2. An option to disable the "tap/pull down on album art to go to folder/playlist". Or at least keep only the "pull down". I have been hitting this by accident waaay more often than I like.

Library Browser

3. An Option to disable "swipe left/right for fast return" (yeah I really dislike swiping. I do it by accident :( )

Visualizations

4. So right now we can select 3 modes (including disabled). A 4th mode where the visualization stays in the background like before it goes "Full Screen" or "Fade Controls" would be great. It looks amazing with very active and colorful visualizations. So maybe something like (1.Disable Visualization 2.Fade Controls 3. FullScreen 4.Background)

5. [Super not important] I don't know if this is even possible but Lockscreen Visualization in the background instead of album art? :) 

Playlists

6. It would be great if you could see the duration (in minutes) of a playlist. Right now we can see the number of songs so maybe add also that?

That's all. I can't wait to see more themes come to life and see what are the possibilities.

Thanks for your patience :) 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:40 AM, nostromo said:

Some folders in the library are not in alphabetical order. I use the Folder Hierarchy  

Could you check to see if your folders are now displayed in the correct order in build 800, seems OK to me. Thanks.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, andrewilley said:

As I said, 790 did not check if a feature wad actually available on the specific device and ROM version (especially the ROM version for OpenSL HD). Newer beta builds only offer things which actually should do something on your device.

Andre

I just reverted back to the 790 build and there is a clear difference in audio when I turn on Hi-Res so it must do something...

Every other build after that just fails when I turn on Hi-Res and sounds much worse. 

Archived