Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

On 7/3/2018 at 3:49 AM, andrewilley said:

There does appear to be a problem with an update to Google Play / gapps on certain versions of Android which is causing issues for a number of apps which use this system at the moment. Max is looking into it in case that is what is causing the recent increase in people experiencing licence validation issues. Rolling back from the latest update to the Play Store app (if you are able) seems to be a temporary solution.

Andre

So is that why after a flash I could not get titanium backup to validate?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Death-Dealer said:

I recently switched from 790 to 709 cause I've been just so sick of waiting and waiting and being without playlists and I have to agree. Sound is much better on my car audio with 790.  Very noticeable.  But again, I was willing to give up playlists and I did, but as the weeks went by with no update in site...... Well F**k it, I need a fully functional music player with PLAYLISTS and LIBRARY working. 

Just waiting for an update hoping to get the audio of 790, playlist and library fully functional, and the UI of 790 but improved with no track title in a terrible location and hopefully much smaller and more useful wave bar.  Seriously who here wouldn't agree. 

100% agree .. bluetooth connectivity is hands down one of the best over most other apps.. the sound inside and out of my car on headphones etc is awesome.. 

On 7/4/2018 at 6:20 AM, Silversmith said:

Many people say the same but personally, I think they both sound the same even though version 709 uses a better audio engine.

709 doesn't use a better engine . It is just more compatible with all devices supporting hi res... I think the reason why 790 sounds better is because of the opensl hd op

I agree with the sound being so much better in my car with 790, if anything I would love 709 to have the sound engine that 790 has, it just sounds louder imo, where  for some of my songs using 709 it's too quiet. I wind up switching between the two. I want to use 790 but it kills me with everything not working, but the sound brings me right back to it. I have 709 and 790 both sitting in as apks being installed depending if I'm looking for all options or for sound... I hope this update happens soon enough for 790

On 2/7/2018 at 11:32, BROKEN said:

Tú eres el 1 que actúa como un niño. Deja de actuar como un SOB titulado. No tienes derecho a recibir ninguna actualización que no sean correcciones de errores.

In other words, you say that if you buy a v1 application if v2 comes out, you should buy it again? The evolution of an application is because it must adapt to the new times, and that is mandatory, all applications do and do not. Charge additional for a new version, the good thing is that so far there is no better music application than Poweramp

4 hours ago, Andreee said:

In other words, you say that if you buy a v1 application if v2 comes out, you should buy it again? 

Depends on the app or program. In some cases yes, new versions are treated as new purchases. Poweramp however will not be charging extra for v3 when it is released, it will be free to existing licence holders.

Andre

On 7/4/2018 at 2:23 AM, noremac said:

Maybe it's a placebo but the same music files sound much better through 790 than through 709 (V30 here)

Completely agree with you I also noticed the same thing it sounds so much better than 709 or any other previous versions I have used so far 

The soundstage, vocals fells so good I really wish that the next beta or even the final version comes with this exact audio engine

Honestly I feel like we just need to move on I stead of using an outdated player, app... Just download something that is actually supported.

Stellio Player is pretty nice

Retro music player has customization

There are other options folks. It's what I did. Max is just stringing folks along, not answering and yet you all sit and wait. He's not giving us anything.... He doesn't feel he should at least say s word of how development is going... Which is a poor sign for a developer.

2 hours ago, Vekx92 said:

Max is just stringing folks along, not answering and yet you all sit and wait. He's not giving us anything.... He doesn't feel he should at least say s word of how development is going... 

Max has made more than 80 posts to these forums since the end of April (two months). This is compared to approx two posts or so during the previous year. However he does generally prefer to actually spend his time doing something useful, rather than answering the same entitled questions here over and over again. That's my job it seems. :)

Andre

3 hours ago, Vekx92 said:

Honestly I feel like we just need to move on I stead of using an outdated player, app... Just download something that is actually supported.

There are other options folks. It's what I did. Max is just stringing folks along, not answering and yet you all sit and wait. He's not giving us anything.... He doesn't feel he should at least say s word of how development is going... Which is a poor sign for a developer.

Looks like you can go back to using your stellio player or something.. cuz it's you having an outbreak not us.. Don't force us into it atleast?

4 hours ago, Vekx92 said:

Hadn't seen Stellio before so gave it a try. Interface is nice. However sound quality is much better on my Oneplus 5 in PA even after adjusting eq.

I've posted a few times on this board in the numerous years I've used Poweramp; I've got to say, I've never seen so many "grown ass men" act like petulant little sh*ts that didn't get the toy they wanted while at the toy store with mommy. If you don't like what you paid a few dollars for, then move the f**k on and stop annoying the sh*t out of everyone that can conduct themselves as an adult. 

I don't know Max; hell, didn't even know he was the developer until you losers started bitching like entitled brats. Let the man develop. You morons obviously enjoy his product, so either shut the f**k up, or move on. Jesus Harriet Christ. 

Btw is it Possible for someone or for max to create a port of the AE visualizers of monstercat and trap city to milkdrop?.. i heard of someone able to recreate the monstercat one even with a background.. would love to see it in PA??

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max has made more than 80 posts to these forums since the end of April (two months). This is compared to approx two posts or so during the previous year. However he does generally prefer to actually spend his time doing something useful, rather than answering the same entitled questions here over and over again. That's my job it seems. :)

Andre

so we expect from the nettles not messages, but real business, I myself can tattle with my tongue as much as I want.

6 hours ago, Ben Anderson said:

No había visto a Stellio antes, así que probé. La interfaz es agradable. Sin embargo, la calidad del sonido es mucho mejor en mi Oneplus 5 en PA incluso después de ajustar la ecuación.

Stellio ahora también tiene soporte para Hi-Res y si se ajusta bien suena bastante bien, pero no le llega ni a la altura de tobillo a Poweramp y creo que hay mucha similitud en ambas interfaz del reproductor de última versión de Stellio piel por defecto y beta 790 de Poweramp, que cada cual saque sus conclusiones, cuando Max cambio y público imágenes de la nueva interfaz de Poweramp. Stellio actualizo y rediseño su reproductor.

Salu2.

Google traductor:

Stellio now also has support for Hi-Res and if it fits well sounds pretty good, but it does not reach or ankle height to Poweramp and I think there is much similarity in both player interface of the latest version of Stellio and skin by default and beta 790 of Poweramp, that everyone draw their conclusions, when Max changed and public images of the new Poweramp interface. Stellio updated and redesigned its player.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, noremac said:

Maybe it's a placebo but the same music files sound much better through 790 than through 709 (V30 here)

Huh, I think 709 sounds better, although that may be a placebo as well.

Just now, Death-Dealer said:

Ugh no, it's not..... Audio from 709 is like rape to my ears.  Audio from 790 almost makes me want to go back.  Guess you don't have high quality car audio to really see the difference.  It's a big difference. 709 literally sounds like shit

I don't have a car, I listen to music with my 300€ Sennheiser headphones.

1 hour ago, DarkXLord20 said:

How do i know If pa is playing hi-res?

If you are rooted, you can use a terminal app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yarolegovich.materialterminal

Make sure you are playing a HiRes song in PA.

Open the terminal app and type "su", then enter. This gives root access.

Then type "dumpsys media.audio_flinger". This will spill out a good amount of data.

Check through the data till you find the OUTPUTs that have a standby =no. Check the processing format/sample rate lines and it should read something like the attached pic.

Screenshot_Material_Terminal_20180701-114953-720x1280.png

Archived