Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

41 minutes ago, Death-Dealer said:

Ugh no, it's not..... Audio from 709 is like rape to my ears.  Audio from 790 almost makes me want to go back.  Guess you don't have high quality car audio to really see the difference.  It's a big difference. 709 literally sounds like shit.  On crappy earphones yeah, it is barely noticeable.

Diss

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brainscollector said:

Lovely, who's di*k bigger ? 

It's not about that. Typing 300€ is just faster than writing down its specs and u still can imagine what kind of headphones I'm talking about. 

1 hour ago, beastobadness said:

If you are rooted, you can use a terminal app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=yarolegovich.materialterminal

Make sure you are playing a HiRes song in PA.

Open the terminal app and type "su", then enter. This gives root access.

Then type "dumpsys media.audio_flinger". This will spill out a good amount of data.

Check through the data till you find the OUTPUTs that have a standby =no. Check the processing format/sample rate lines and it should read something like the attached pic.

Screenshot_Material_Terminal_20180701-114953-720x1280.png

And without root?

38 minutes ago, DarkXLord20 said:

And without root?

You can do the same thing with adb. 

Enable USB debugging in developer options (you can enable by tapping build number a lot of times). 

Download and launch adb on your PC and connect your phone (you can find guides online, it's really easy).

Trust the PC on your phone 

The first command you want is "adb devices" 

It should list your phone that you have connected via USB 

The second one is "adb shell dumpsys media.audio_flinger"

On 7/7/2018 at 3:20 AM, jkelly said:

I've posted a few times on this board in the numerous years I've used Poweramp; I've got to say, I've never seen so many "grown ass men" act like petulant little sh*ts that didn't get the toy they wanted while at the toy store with mommy. If you don't like what you paid a few dollars for, then move the f**k on and stop annoying the sh*t out of everyone that can conduct themselves as an adult. 

I don't know Max; hell, didn't even know he was the developer until you losers started bitching like entitled brats. Let the man develop. You morons obviously enjoy his product, so either shut the f**k up, or move on. Jesus Harriet Christ. 

and your cussing and attitude makes you any better? and Jesus said pull that plank of wood out of your eye before judging others......

5 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

and your cussing and attitude makes you any better? and Jesus said pull that plank of wood out of your eye before judging others......

Yes, it does, because mine is directed at selfish people that feel entitled, not at someone trying to improve on a product. He doesn't owe anyone here a single thing other than making sure the original product he offered is working.

Phone: OnePlus 5

Player Version: 790

--------------------------------------------------------

the language has been changed to Chinese, but it doesn't work.

I hope you can fix it, and I think it's necessary to many Chinese.

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Warning: please keep on topic people, otherwise any useful product-related messages and bug reports get lost amongst the whinging and counter-whinging.

Andre

There is nothing to discuss, since there is no subject for discussion. As long as there are no corrections, there's nothing to talk about. I'm waiting for corrections on the library.

15 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

There is nothing to discuss, since there is no subject for discussion. As long as there are no corrections, there's nothing to talk about. I'm waiting for corrections on the library.

The subject of this thread is clearly "Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790", as per the title, so please keep comments related to that build as it stands. Not moaning about the lack of build 791, suggestions of the dev's "laziness", or anything else.

Andre

3 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

Max thinks to release a patch for the library in version 790?

That's what he is working on, yes. As you are already aware, the next beta release will include the missing features (including library functions).

Andre

Oh well, it's not serious, the developer does nothing at all, a strange approach to development, nothing is known, the hierarchy in the library has not been corrected for three months already. Disgraceful

Archived