Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

@andrewilley, @maxmp If this version is beta you can release updates on v3 beta. Because beta means the app can have errors and future development. So users can cooperate their suggestions & report bugs on beta versions. If the developers try to release only completed versions on beta then you shouldn't call its beta.

For example popular media player for windows (VL* media player) their major release is v3.x, but their beta version is 4.x. Every day they release ONLY beta versions. So users can report bugs & suggestions for beta. some time software didn't work because some of bugs, then users report it to developers & they fixed it day or two and release beta update. User never mess their forums because of that bugs. Also only updates are received for beta software installed users & they know the software may have bugs & they wanted to help developers that's why they installed beta. If developers prevent updating beta versions for long time (like 2 months) the most of users leave that beta project because they think developers adopt the project & bug hasn't fixed. Also you can see this forum mess because developers didn't release beta updates. Only users complain 'why haven't release next update?' or 'is this project has stopped?' instead helping the developers.

Also I created my account 2 year ago & that time I think the developers adopt project. So I never come back to this forum. After hearing Poweramp beta version is released, I'm glad & I download it & installed it. But now I uninstalled it because developers isn't consider it as a beta and hard wait of long time for next release & they try to only release completed next versions.

I think you can understood the users.

Thank You

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PeterFalk said:

Explain to me what was the point of releasing the unworkable 790 version

I assume mainly because of people like you who have done nothing but complain that there were no releases, and that Max should just release something (anything, even if it wasn't fully complete). Well you got your wish, and still you're complaining.

Andre

1 hour ago, CodeLyokoXteam said:

@andrewilley, @maxmp If this version is beta you can release updates on v3 beta.

Build 790 is a bit misnamed and is really more of an alpha (to test the new interface, but it is not feature-complete). Conversely, 'alpha' build 709 is actually feature-complete, and after about 9 releases in the 70x series it honestly performs just as well as the last stable v3 release (apart from skins) and works fine for daily use. I've been using 704 and upwards on my main device for two years now.

Andre

You know perfectly well that this is not true, for you, Andrei, were the first to claim that Max wants to release a fully working version, which is completely untrue. It turned out that versions 705 - 709 with support for hi-res, just work fine. I just want Max to fix the problems with the 790 version, nothing else. Why again such a delay? Honestly, on

1 hour ago, PeterFalk said:

You know perfectly well that this is not true, for you, Andrei, were the first to claim that Max wants to release a fully working version,

He did want to wait until it was complete, however he gave in to the complainers and released an interim version in the meantime, even though it was not complete.

As has been said before, I think I've been very patient with you and if you are still not happy you are always very welcome to leave. Any further discussion will be moved to the ETA Requests thread ( >/dev/null )

Andre

All the whiners should be glad that Max is level headed, else he could screw the whole community with all your crying and stop development all together. Nobody should be faulted for doing the best they can possibly do. So many elite users... the man is doing what he can and crying about it, isn't gonna make him move any faster. Can't deal with it... good luck finding another app that's so feature rich and only charges $4. I think it's time for the ban hammer for some people.

I m posting here for the first time.... Reading all the messages throughout...i just wanted to know if max is  still / will be developing or finishing the new version or he abandoned the project because i liked the new one so much...i don't want any exact date or month or year.. Just want to keep hope..i can wait because even before when this new beta version arrived i was listening to my music without any problem and enjoying happily.... And so i liked the new ui very much and will be happy to use that in near future whenever it gets completed...

Hope i haven't offended anyone...

4 hours ago, Pratiksonihbk said:

I just wanted to know if max is  still / will be developing or finishing the new version

Yes. However a timescale is not easy to predict when there is only one person developing an app like this. The next beta release should re-instate all of the features that weren't ready for the new user interface in build 790 (such as the missing Libraries, sorting options, ability to change skins, etc). Max has said that once all that work is done - and it's hard to say how long that will take - there will then be a relatively short further testing and bug fixing phase before moving to an official Play Store release of v3.

Andre

14 hours ago, Andreee said:

Hi, anyone knows why with the HD audio output every 30 seconds I get a strange noise when listening to music? How could I fix it? I would appreciate it, I'm using the version 790

Same problem here.. so I switched to version 709.. and it fixed my problem..

hi

i don't know if max is aware of the "decoder timed out" error

it happens randomly and the music stops and the error pops up.

it happens mostly when i pause  and unpause also when i play a song and skip to the next song after a few seconds 

i have had this problem on my old note 3 neo and my new galaxy s9 plus running beta 706 and 790 

i figured max must not know about this since he didn't fix it in 790 version.

unfortunately i cannot provide a screenshot because this error is so random and it fades away quickly. 

sorry for bad english and thank you for your amazing app

I've been using paid version 2.0.10-build-588-play(Full Version) because it's the only player that makes great sound on my Moto Z2 Force. I would like to know what and where I can get the last completely stable version while we wait for Max to finalize the newest Beta version. And do I install it over the top of the old version and will my playlists and skin I bought still work?

Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, JDS said:

I've been using paid version 2.0.10-build-588-play(Full Version) because it's the only player that makes great sound on my Moto Z2 Force. I would like to know what and where I can get the last completely stable version

The last 'stable' release is v2 build 588, from the Play Store. However while build 709 is listed as a test release, apart from the fact it does not support skins it is pretty much a complete app in itself and most people find it suitable is for daily use. It can be downloaded from the Downloads tab at the top of the page. Some people have reported better results by doing a clean install, but I just installed it in place over my existing setup. I'd suggest backing up before you do though (including exporting Settings and Playlists) just in case you want to go back. Build 790 is not suitable for daily use, and is only designed for testing the new Material Design user interface.

Andre

I'm having this wierd issue with the latest Poweramp build. I hear random crackling noise once in 1 minute. So just to verify if it's my earphone problem I listened music on Google play( ehh) and to my utter surprise there was no crackling noise. Then my conclusion was it could be because of Poweramp. I tried reinstalling it also. But issue still persists.

Anyone else faced the same issue?

Edit: I switched to 709 build which is on playstore and the problem is gone. But I can't hear anything on Hi-Res as the music starts to come out of speakers and not on earphone?

Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Software: MIUI 9.5.13 on Android 8.1 (stable)

Earphone: MI in ear pro

Archived