Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

On 6/20/2018 at 8:30 PM, Kuldeep said:

Thanks for sharing the links but I was talking about getting the notification fixed for 8.1 because i don't like the UI of V3 alpha & V3 new UI is not yet completed

There will be no further development on Poweramp v2, it will be left as a legacy product for pre-Lollipop users. Test build 709 should solve the Oreo notification problem for you with a similar interface to v2, and you can continue to use that for as long as you like, you don't need to move over to the Material Design interface if you really don't like it.

Andre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Not trying to be a problem but either the poster or the reader has the problem.

I answered the basic question, which was to let the poster know that the notification issue in v2 with Oreo ROMs will not be fixed. Thus v3 alpha or the helper app are the best solutions for now. Build 709 is a lot closer to the original v2 interface than 790 is!

Personal comments deleted.

Andre

On 6/19/2018 at 3:07 PM, utahman1971 said:

Only two major upgrades per phone for Android OS. For phone that started MM, then Oreo is last for an example.

That's why one doesn't use oem roms. My phone shipped with 4.4, runs 8.1 now and P is on the way.

Damn, people here are stupid. On one side, they annoy everyone with eta requests and when Max finally is annoyed enough that he just says anything to make them stop, they complain that he couldn't keep his "promise", that they pressured him to make. On xda u can get banned for eta requests and I have no idea, why it isn't done here.

U'r so toxic, calling him a untrustworthy person etc. F*** off, try to develop anything and u'll realize, it's not just pushing a button, it's work. Work he doesn't get paid for. Work he does in his free time, next to his regular job (I suppose). U paid for Poweramp v2. U paid for the current state. Everything u get now, is a f***ing bonus. A bonus, which toxic a*** like u do not deserve. 

For the sake of all the others, I hope Max doesn't agree with me and continues developing anyways. He wouldn't be the first to stop developing because of a toxic community. Unlike other projects, Poweramp is unique, have fun trying to find a replacement if he stops.

9 hours ago, LPW00 said:

Damn, people here are stupid. On one side, they annoy everyone with eta requests and when Max finally is annoyed enough that he just says anything to make them stop, they complain that he couldn't keep his "promise", that they pressured him to make. On xda u can get banned for eta requests and I have no idea, why it isn't done here.

U'r so toxic, calling him a untrustworthy person etc. F*** off, try to develop anything and u'll realize, it's not just pushing a button, it's work. Work he doesn't get paid for. Work he does in his free time, next to his regular job (I suppose). U paid for Poweramp v2. U paid for the current state. Everything u get now, is a f***ing bonus. A bonus, which toxic a*** like u do not deserve. 

For the sake of all the others, I hope Max doesn't agree with me and continues developing anyways. He wouldn't be the first to stop developing because of a toxic community. Unlike other projects, Poweramp is unique, have fun trying to find a replacement if he stops.

This is exactly my opinion. Thanks for sharing it. I read comments here on a regular basis and I am thinking almost everytime I quit this forum: People are insane...

9 hours ago, LPW00 said:

I need to +1 this.

9 hours ago, LPW00 said:

You said what everyone wanted to say but didn't for the same reason the others don't ask for an ETA. A true hero.

9 hours ago, LPW00 said:

Sorry to say... But it doesn't take years to develop.... So in this case you are wrong.... If the developer isn't sure about the release of the new build than he himself should not give the eta... Even I m a dev...but do deliver it on time.... And the thing about paying... If you buy a cellphone do u pay extra for the updates..? No... Still u expect it... So even if we paid for v2 we have rights to ask about the update... Bcz we trusted that's the reason we paid... 

3 hours ago, koolicecream said:

Sorry to say... But it doesn't take years to develop.... So in this case you are wrong.... If the developer isn't sure about the release of the new build than he himself should not give the eta... Even I m a dev...but do deliver it on time.... And the thing about paying... If you buy a cellphone do u pay extra for the updates..? No... Still u expect it... So even if we paid for v2 we have rights to ask about the update... Bcz we trusted that's the reason we paid... 

When i bought my phone, the manufacturer guaranteed updates for at least two years, so it was part of the deal. People here complain because they want the next beta, the v790 is barely a month old. And on top of that, Max never posted an exact release date.

7 minutes ago, LPW00 said:

When i bought my phone, the manufacturer guaranteed updates for at least two years, so it was part of the deal. People here complain because they want the next beta, the v790 is barely a month old. And on top of that, Max never posted an exact release date.

And to be fair, he did get a bit sidetracked with the 705-709 builds which tackle some High-res issues, which must have taken him away from work on the material design interface.

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

And to be fair, he did get a bit sidetracked with the 705-709 builds which tackle some High-res issues, which must have taken him away from work on the material design interface.

Andre

True, plus these were builds, that weren't planned but everyone complained they wanted the fixes NOW.

1 hour ago, LPW00 said:

He did posted a schedule which was later removed by Andre... You don't know so better don't say.... MAX had said the beta build 390 with all features will be coming by May end.... Followed by the final release by June early weeks.... 

27 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

He did posted a schedule which was later removed by Andre... You don't know so better don't say.... MAX had said the beta build 390 with all features will be coming by May end.... Followed by the final release by June early weeks.... 

And as you said, that old info (which was always stated as being provisional anyway) was updated just so people don't have to worry and whinge about it at the time. It wasn't "removed" in some secretive way, it's still there: 

As has been said so many times here, releases will happen when they happen. I'm afraid you will just have to live with that fact, and if you don't like it you are perfectly free to switch to a different player.

Andre

22 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

He said he did not like the UI of V3 Alpha, not the beta one. They are different. Material one is the beta. Unless he meant the one besides the other but if you read what he said, he said V3 Alpha UI, he did not like. Not trying to be a problem but either the poster or the reader has the problem. Either not explaining right or the not reading right. You can't put words on someones mouth and be correct. This is one reason I hate forums bad. Posts are twisted to what you never said in the first place. I haven't posted for days but it is annoying to read how people reply to others. Half arse replies.

tumblr_n2zb5xdZaE1s6z712o1_500.gif

Yes the new UI is good that's what I meant to say... But the new UI is not yet completed that creates issues... Basically I am being forced to used twisted and hotpotch (V2 like) V3 alpha ui

Also I would like to ask people who are trying to defend the developer as if everyone wants the developer dead...

I am not a person that would use any beta product... I purchased Poweramp may be 3 or 4 years ago as V2 that was full version not beta... And now if i ask the V2 to be fixed it is not going to be fixed they say... Ok then now I want a stable main line update that is the beta V3 to be... Then do I not have a right after paying him to ask that if I am getting something after 3 or 4 years I think that's enough time to develop something finished not beta alpha and so on... I am not against max being not able to develop the app but I think he should by now have given something finished as I am not a tester.. and I have not paid to be using beta apps

13 minutes ago, Kuldeep said:

Also I would like to ask people who are trying to defend the developer as if everyone wants the developer dead...

I am not a person that would use any beta product... I purchased Poweramp may be 3 or 4 years ago as V2 that was full version not beta... And now if i ask the V2 to be fixed it is not going to be fixed they say... Ok then now I want a stable main line update that is the beta V3 to be... Then do I not have a right after paying him to ask that if I am getting something after 3 or 4 years I think that's enough time to develop something finished not beta alpha and so on... I am not against max being not able to develop the app but I think he should by now have given something finished as I am not a tester.. and I have not paid to be using beta apps

You have a stable release with the alpha 709. It could have been name version 2.5! V3 is not ready yet, carry on like everyone.

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

And as you said, that old info (which was always stated as being provisional anyway) was updated just so people don't have to worry and whinge about it at the time. It wasn't "removed" in some secretive way, it's still there: 

As has been said so many times here, releases will happen when they happen. I'm afraid you will just have to live with that fact, and if you don't like it you are perfectly free to switch to a different player.

Andre

It's not about liking it or not... It's about the fact that developer always fails with his promise... And about switching to other player than why should I... I have paid for the same... So definitely everyone who has paid for the same has right to question... Developing app is difficult but not that it takes these many months... Definitely not after releasing the beta build... 

7 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

It's not about liking it or not... It's about the fact that developer always fails with his promise... And about switching to other player than why should I... I have paid for the same... So definitely everyone who has paid for the same has right to question... Developing app is difficult but not that it takes these many months... Definitely not after releasing the beta build... 

There is a big difference between promises and projections. ETA questions leads to projection and kids frustration which is useless and annoying... 

Explain to me what was the point of releasing the unworkable 790 version, if due to the sound output corrections, the working version with the old interface. What prevents Max in the 790 version just fix the problems with the library or wait again for a year?

Archived