Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

One thing that has been bugging me about this final we are waiting for v3. If we are on beta, and it is finalized, will we get the update via play store? Also, if signed up on beta, will we keep getting beta updates or do we need to go out of beta on play store to stick with final v3? I assume as v3 is finalized that Max would move to v4 phase. That would mean after installing v3 final, that we could just stay off beta until later for v4 beta if we wanted. Especially, after we saw how long it took to go from v2 to v3. I rather have a stable v3 than stuck on alpha or beta all the time.

LOL... This question I don't think so need to be answered right now as he his not even clear when he will release v3 this year or next year... So let him work n release the new build first ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a sudden beep that happens in all of my music. I have tried my music in the Google play music app and everything seems fine. Is there anyway to fix this? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

Phone: S7 edge (Snapdragon)

IMG_20180702_121229.jpg

I bought this player in 2011, and when I still thought it was not possible to update (since it was frozen in version 2 for a long time) today I am surprised by this new version, install it and I must say that despite being a test version I like it a lot, and I think that if this goes well I will recover the place it deserves as the best music player of android. from now thank you very much MaxMP

16 hours ago, Mick#7 said:

Hello July.

Goodbye hope.

I second that. I've been silently watching this thread for a while and nothing is changing. I just took Poweramp off of my phone. It takes up space unnecessarily. Max released a half-ass alpha like build and has still not even touched basis with his community. Which is pretty piss poor service honestly. If you don't have time for the project just give the app to devs who have time for it and will take good care of it.

That goes without saying there are still better and more potential apps on the play store anyway. I dabbled in the room Dev scene a while back and one thing I know is as a developer of any sort you at least as a decent person update your support base with what's going on. Not drop false dates and then when the time frame passes your just a complete ghost.

Seriously.

I bought the app in 2013.

After that I've got few updates. After that - silence.

No updates.

On forum - lie with dates. If you can't realese update in the terms YOU TELL US than just wright post about that.

Behavior like little child.

5 minutes ago, Mick#7 said:

Seriously.

No updates.

On forum - lie with dates. If you can't realese update in the terms YOU TELL US than just wright post about that.

You are the 1 acting like a child. Stop acting like an entitled S.O.B. You aren't entitled to get any updates other then bug fixes.

2 hours ago, Mick#7 said:

Seriously.

No updates.

• You bought Poweramp Version 2.
  • The final Poweramp Version 3 will be free and no promises were made.

3 hours ago, Mick#7 said:

Seriously.

No updates.

you paid for the version it was available at the time you bought it, nothing more.

My phone was updated to Android 8.0 yesterday and now Poweramp cannot check license. Restore purchase is not working: not active. I buy Poweramp on site. But now I cannot reinstall app because download link (preview version) is not working and I not having APK. What can I do now?

Updated: restore of purchase start working. Why? I don't understand. But I've restore it. So issue was solved.

There does appear to be a problem with an update to Google Play / gapps on certain versions of Android which is causing issues for a number of apps which use this system at the moment. Max is looking into it in case that is what is causing the recent increase in people experiencing licence validation issues. Rolling back from the latest update to the Play Store app (if you are able) seems to be a temporary solution.

Andre

Andre, the problem with the license is the main problem of the player. And this is not related to the latest version of Android or the player. It was always. I do not use the root of the law and lacquer patcher, but the license in the absence of the Internet, constantly flies. Moreover, the player constantly tries to check it. You see what's going on in the market.

8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There does appear to be a problem with an update to Google Play / gapps on certain versions of Android which is causing issues for a number of apps which use this system at the moment. Max is looking into it in case that is what is causing the recent increase in people experiencing licence validation issues. Rolling back from the latest update to the Play Store app (if you are able) seems to be a temporary solution.

Andre

Thank you very much, Andre. It helped.

19 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

Andre, the problem with the license is the main problem of the player. And this is not related to the latest version of Android or the player. It was always.

Max's general response to this point (when the Play system is working correctly) is in his FAQ on the subject - http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required

Internet connection is not required for normal operation.
Internet connection is required for a short time after Poweramp purchase.

Poweramp Unlocker:
- for Play purchase license is checked via Internet in first 24 hours after Unlocker installation and Poweramp next start, and if the Google Play Store check is successful, then it's never checked again, unless Poweramp is reinstalled, system is reset, or ROM is updated

- for Website purchase, license is checked via Internet once after Unlocker installation and Poweramp next start, and if the check is successful, then it's never checked again, unless Poweramp is reinstalled, system is reset, or ROM is updated

If license check is failed, Poweramp will try to check it until it fails completely in few attempts.

However anecdotally I do encounter a number of people who have similar problems where their experience doesn't seem to match with the above. In those cases, all I can suggest is to contact the support email address, as individual user account details cannot be discussed in open forums for obvious reasons.

Andre

55 minutes ago, ar1ec said:

Good day! I understand, version 790 does not realize the ability to view files with music in the same hierarchy as on the file system of devices. This is true?

790 is not yet feature-complete, including some of the sort and display options.

Andre

Omg the childish complaints. I'm on 709 version and it works/looks great. No issues at all. Why can't you just stick with this until the new version is done? I'm using it like forever, and this is my third phone since I have this player. No hate from me. Good job Max! Keep up the good work.

52 minutes ago, Bogdan_For_U said:

Omg the childish complaints. I'm on 709 version and it works/looks great. No issues at all. Why can't you just stick with this until the new version is done? I'm using it like forever, and this is my third phone since I have this player. No hate from me. Good job Max! Keep up the good work.

Exactly! ?

6 hours ago, Bogdan_For_U said:

Maybe it's a placebo but the same music files sound much better through 790 than through 709 (V30 here)

3 hours ago, noremac said:

Maybe it's a placebo but the same music files sound much better through 790 than through 709 (V30 here)

Many people say the same but personally, I think they both sound the same even though version 709 uses a better audio engine.

16 hours ago, Death-Dealer said:

I recently switched from 790 to 709 cause I've been just so sick of waiting and waiting and being without playlists and I have to agree. Sound is much better on my car audio with 790.  Very noticeable.  But again, I was willing to give up playlists and I did, but as the weeks went by with no update in site...... Well F**k it, I need a fully functional music player with PLAYLISTS and LIBRARY working. 

Just waiting for an update hoping to get the audio of 790, playlist and library fully functional, and the UI of 790 but improved with no track title in a terrible location and hopefully much smaller and more useful wave bar.  Seriously who here wouldn't agree. 

100% with you there :)

16 hours ago, Death-Dealer said:

I recently switched from 790 to 709 cause I've been just so sick of waiting and waiting and being without playlists and I have to agree. Sound is much better on my car audio with 790.  Very noticeable.  But again, I was willing to give up playlists and I did, but as the weeks went by with no update in site...... Well F**k it, I need a fully functional music player with PLAYLISTS and LIBRARY working. 

Just waiting for an update hoping to get the audio of 790, playlist and library fully functional, and the UI of 790 but improved with no track title in a terrible location and hopefully much smaller and more useful wave bar.  Seriously who here wouldn't agree. 

I know what you mean.  I couldn't live without playlists.  that's one reason i hadn't tried the 790 yet.  The other reason is the dang words over the album cover.  The android music player scene is frustrating.  Max is slow at getting the app done, PlayerPro gets the beta updated from time to time but i have issues with the player and after several emails and forum posts it seems support is nowhere to be found.  Jet Audio is pisspoor at selecting album covers.  Rocket Player makes it hard to see what playlist you're on.  and doesn't show the album name etc in the playlists so you can't tell what you're looking at when scrolling down looking for a specific album in the playlist.  and many players are like that.  Black Player is awkward to navigate and doesn't have a 230hz EQ slider and that one i need to turn down the freq for my bluetooth headphones.   the 230hz range is too loud on the headphones.  The list goes on.  can't remember all the pros and cons off the top of my head.  The bass on PlayerPro sounds more muffled and even worse on the RocketPlayer.  Nothing tops the clarity of the eq and bass on the Poweramp.  When I was on iphone 6+ a few years ago i tried many players and the choices were not as good.  I can't remember what one i used the most but none of them were as good as Poweramp.  If only Max could keep at it in a more reasonable time.

Archived