Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

37 minutes ago, Sace17 said:

I'm having this wierd issue with the latest Poweramp build. I hear random crackling noise once in 1 minute. So just to verify if it's my earphone problem I listened music on Google play( ehh) and to my utter surprise there was no crackling noise. Then my conclusion was it could be because of Poweramp. I tried reinstalling it also. But issue still persists.

Anyone else faced the same issue?

Edit: I switched to 709 build which is on playstore and the problem is gone. But I can't hear anything on Hi-Res as the music starts to come out of speakers and not on earphone?

Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Software: MIUI 9.5.13 on Android 8.1 (stable)

Earphone: MI in ear pro

This has been tackled in the 709 thread. Disable DVC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, Ameya28 said:

Really ? .. untrustworthy person for what ? hes a developer not your personal assistant is he? Try being patient for once before lashing out ?

People want a new ui ..now they don't like the ui they are getting. I agree the text boxes are a problem but they aren't the end of the world are they? 

Also it's great seeing new people giving hate to the new ui ..it seems everyone is putting personal preferences ahead and also that not everyone can be pleased ? 

Patience :D guy you must be new here 

Why do you guys defend him and just lie to further defend his laziness and broken words? He said many times when he's planning to release something, have exact dates and deadlines that he NEVER meet. Saying it's good enough that he updates Poweramp anyway it's like saying that it's good anyways that you are working in Tesco as cash register for 40 years because you have a job and it's success that there's a job anyways. 

It's just a pure joke that he edited once again good post to hide ETA and deadlines just for you brave defenders to say "see he didn't promised anything". If some developer is considered generous and awesome because he's updating his work after over 5 f* years with some mayor changes, you are freaking 0. Since I have bought my first Android phone that was Samsung Galaxy mini and I bought Poweramp this app haven't changed since then to this day. And that was almost 7 or 8 years ago. He just earned his money and don't give a S about this app anymore and that would be ok if he would at least admit it, not just gaining defenders like you that just stand and bash anyone who tries to prove how sad this man is

I have sent many material design examples how this app could look alike, I was about to help max for free with his job and give him as many design concepts he would need but he didn't give a S* about it but that's ok, but whining how this app looks alike, how sad implementation of material design there is in it as most people expected, is his problem because he decided to do it his way not even implementing one thing that could be considered material 

Just small reminder from over a year ago that was made in a week after many changes people advised

c8P1MY8.gif

54 minutes ago, Brainscollector said:

Why do you guys defend him and just lie to further defend his laziness and broken words? He said many times when he's planning to release something, have exact dates and deadlines that he NEVER meet. Saying it's good enough that he updates Poweramp anyway it's like saying that it's good anyways that you are working in Tesco as cash register for 40 years because you have a job and it's success that there's a job anyways. 

It's just a pure joke that he edited once again good post to hide ETA and deadlines just for you brave defenders to say "see he didn't promised anything". If some developer is considered generous and awesome because he's updating his work after over 5 f* years with some mayor changes, you are freaking 0. Since I have bought my first Android phone that was Samsung Galaxy mini and I bought Poweramp this app haven't changed since then to this day. And that was almost 7 or 8 years ago. He just earned his money and don't give a S about this app anymore and that would be ok if he would at least admit it, not just gaining defenders like you that just stand and bash anyone who tries to prove how sad this man is

I have sent many material design examples how this app could look alike, I was about to help max for free with his job and give him as many design concepts he would need but he didn't give a S* about it but that's ok, but whining how this app looks alike, how sad implementation of material design there is in it as most people expected, is his problem because he decided to do it his way not even implementing one thing that could be considered material 

Just small reminder from over a year ago that was made in a week after many changes people advised

c8P1MY8.gif

Why an outrage so late?.. btw your suggestion is most common with players these days..the v3 beta has a distinct ui if you may have used it!. Maybe he ignored bcoz what he was working on was better and he maybe wanted to avoid rejecting yours 

1 hour ago, Brainscollector said:

It's just a pure joke that he edited once again good post to hide ETA and deadlines just for you brave defenders to say "see he didn't promised anything". 

Not true, the ETA post back at the start of this thread was not deleted and is still present (although I did add a disclaimer to it at the end of May):

Your post was getting very close to making personal rather than development comments, but I've let it stand for now. I personally very much appreciated your efforts earlier in this forum by the way, but Max definitely seems to march to the beat of his own drum, and I guess this was always going to be his project and his concept rather than a team effort. I agree that your design was simple and very functional, but also elegant - and perhaps more importantly could have been a lot quicker to implement than the lovely highly animated designs that Max has opted for. However saying that it only took you a week to design what is basically a two-page animated GIF is very far removed from making that design function as the control interface for an entire existing app though, and is a very unfair comparison.

I've no doubt the final product will look very pretty, and we know that the audio side of it is in good hands too, but the work did cause a further two year delay.

Andre

1 hour ago, tern222 said:

Hello, ran a theme, but could not find the answer. I do not work "Executors" in the library. Is this functionality missing or do I need to tune something up?

I think the translation is a bit off, I'm not sure what you are asking? Some Library categories and sorting etc are not yet enabled if that is what you are asking.

Andre

5 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

c8P1MY8.gif

So much salt because u'r design wasn't chosen... Hey Dude, u said it urself, it took u only a week. Since u are so disappointed with the wait, u had around 2 years (this is about 104 weeks btw) to make ur very own player. Eta plox.

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not true, the ETA post back at the start of this thread was not deleted and is still present (although I did add a disclaimer to it at the end of May):

Your post was getting very close to making personal rather than development comments, but I've let it stand for now. I personally very much appreciated your efforts earlier in this forum by the way, but Max definitely seems to march to the beat of his own drum, and I guess this was always going to be his project and his concept rather than a team effort. I agree that your design was simple and very functional, but also elegant - and perhaps more importantly could have been a lot quicker to implement than the lovely highly animated designs that Max has opted for. However saying that it only took you a week to design what is basically a two-page animated GIF is very far removed from making that design function as the control interface for an entire existing app though, and is a very unfair comparison.

I've no doubt the final product will look very pretty, and we know that the audio side of it is in good hands too, but the work did cause a further two year delay.

Andre

Andre, let it be as it is. The only requirement is to fix the errors of the library and, if possible, add a black theme. With the sound of problems, then there are none.

27 minutes ago, Sace17 said:

What about the cracking issue which I get in 790?

When I was at 790, I set Sample Rate to 96khz with DVC enabled for Wired Headet/AUX. However, there was another user who said this did not work. Anyway, mine did.

19 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

When I was at 790, I set Sample Rate to 96khz with DVC enabled for Wired Headet/AUX. However, there was another user who said this did not work. Anyway, mine did.

Thanks. Currently I'm trying that, well crackling noise is gone. Thanks a ton.

2nd screen on the lg v20 media shortcut is not working properly. It sometime display correctly the song currently playing and sometime doesnot. Tapping on the icon does not function as a app shortcut either. This bug also include the app witget, the differance is app witget can change song, media button works normally but i cant use it as a app shortcut. The only way to access 790 powerapp build on my lgv20 is to tap app drawer and access it from there.

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the translation is a bit off, I'm not sure what you are asking? Some Library categories and sorting etc are not yet enabled if that is what you are asking.

Andre

Yep. I am about Artist categorie in library.

11 minutes ago, tern222 said:

Yep. I am about Artist categorie in library.

That is not supported yet in build 790, the missing categories will be in the next beta-test release. See first post in this thread for details.

Andre

Hello Poweramp team 

I have one question,  that when we play Poweramp automatically   by plugging in earphone then process allocates only 13mb memory but when we play it by launching main activity and then immediately distroying it then process allocates 43mb+ memory. But after distroying main activity process should allocate approx 13mb memory.

Behind this issue  Is there any Android limitations or any thing else?  Please let me know! 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20180629-000448.jpg

Screenshot_20180629-000746.jpg

On 6/26/2018 at 12:13 AM, andrewilley said:

The last 'stable' release is v2 build 588, from the Play Store. However while build 709 is listed as a test release, apart from the fact it does not support skins it is pretty much a complete app in itself and most people find it suitable is for daily use. It can be downloaded from the Downloads tab at the top of the page. Some people have reported better results by doing a clean install, but I just installed it in place over my existing setup. I'd suggest backing up before you do though (including exporting Settings and Playlists) just in case you want to go back. Build 790 is not suitable for daily use, and is only designed for testing the new Material Design user interface.

Andre

Ok, thanks for the info!

19 hours ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Hello Poweramp team 

I have one question,  that when we play Poweramp automatically   by plugging in earphone then process allocates only 13mb memory but when we play it by launching main activity and then immediately distroying it then process allocates 43mb+ memory. But after distroying main activity process should allocate approx 13mb memory.

Behind this issue  Is there any Android limitations or any thing else?  Please let me know! 

Thanks 

Not sure, but the ram managment for apps should be done by android itself....like Windows it does on PC.

So i would not read too much into it as the system will take it back (if possible) if it needs it....and 20-30mb more in use should not make such a difference that it would be noticeable.

13 hours ago, Wolfpig said:

Not sure, but the ram managment for apps should be done by android itself....like Windows it does on PC.

So i would not read too much into it as the system will take it back (if possible) if it needs it....and 20-30mb more in use should not make such a difference that it would be noticeable.

But, due to this reason android kills complete process in low memory condition to free memory and unfortunately music player stops. This leads to disappointments. 

Android could not take this memory back without killing process. 

If Main Activity is destroyed then It should must release its all allocated memory. Otherwise this is waste of memory.

Why android having this limitation. I think anyone have no right answer. 

Leave it! 

1 hour ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

But, due to this reason android kills complete process in low memory condition to free memory and unfortunately music player stops. This leads to disappointments. 

Android could not take this memory back without killing process. 

If Main Activity is destroyed then It should must release its all allocated memory. Otherwise this is waste of memory.

Why android having this limitation. I think anyone have no right answer. 

Leave it! 

Try selecting "use wavelock" and "keep service" in the tweak section of the settings.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, tom said:

Try selecting "use wavelock" and "keep service" in the tweak section of the settings.

Thanks for your Answer. I'm already using these options. And I think Due to Android "Warm Startup" reason android keeps all main activity objects even after distroying it,  in memory until its foreground service running. So user would not have to cold start app again and again . 

Thanks 

Archived