Crossfade cuts out the beginning of songs

Jammer11

Please change or add an option to the crossfade feature. I would like the song to automatically crossfade OUT of a song by fading out a song that is already fading out, BUT NOT FADE INTO the next song. Many songs / Most songs start at beat 0 and I don't want it to fade into the beginning of the next song, start it at full volume. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I've been asking for exactly this since 2012!

For some reason the Poweramp team seem completely oblivious to this request.

I'm not a coder, but is it really so difficult to implement?

A link here to another thread about this:

Edited by Barada

2 hours ago, GeilerHeinz said:

@maxmp I hope this will include also the option "Only Fade out" for the setting Manual Track Change Fading

Or simply have separate time options for fade out and fade in, from 0s.

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2024 at 4:36 PM, maxmp said:

@Barada thanks for the requests. This will be definitely added next time crossfade options are touched, and those are planned to be touched soon.

Just out of interest. I'm not sure what kind of timeline you're on, but "touched soon" and we're almost 4 months down the road...any idea when exactly?

Cheers! 🙂

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max was indicating that this sort of change would most likely be made the next time he's working in that area of the app's code, not as a special specific job.

How soon that might be is a rather flexible term though, other work may take priority and push into many months or possibly years. 

Andre

Thanks for that perspective and I do appreciate it, but with that being said, I purchased Poweramp around 2012 and jumped on these forums relatively quickly in regards to this question and it's hardly even been addressed...which I find strange.

I'm not trying to be deliberately belligerent, but it's not a new request/subject in these forums.

Cheers anyway for your reply. I'll try to be patient. 😉

The problem is that there are hundreds of minor feature requests, and only one developer. I don't think crossfade has been revisited much since it was first introduced to the app in fact.

There are some feature requests that date back even longer though. A-B Repeat is close to its 14th birthday by now - although hopefully that might be considered as part of the Player Screen interface customisation options? 

Andre