Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, tftd said:

Yeah... you have a valid point - when I go to the grocery and buy a banana - all of the future bananas I take from there are for free! Seems legit to me! :) 
Anyway as @andrewilley mentioned - you are not required. I'm just feeling bad it's a free update. It's not like the app costs 100$ - I would gladly buy it again. 
I've been using it for a few years now and it has always been working very well.

+1 for this. :D 

When I bought a smartphone I must pay for any new Android version update ?

1 hour ago, Mick#7 said:

When I bought a smartphone I must pay for any new Android version update ?

No, Poweramp v2 purchasers can upgrade to v3 for no extra charge. Some people have been offering to pay an additional donation for the extra development work though.

Edit: Unless you meant Android ROM releases for your phone? In which case many manufacturers offer to update their phones to at least the next major annual release of Android (e.g. Nougat to Oreo) but rarely very much further than that - and they are under no obligation to do any more than bug fixes.

Andre

Just noticed a really weird bug

I know there are many bugs and the player is fantastic just wanted to make you guys aware

1.Open player while track paused (only in shuffle)

2.Change track (any number of times doesn't matter)

3.Swipe down (Just a simple swipe down on the cover art)

4.Mine crashes everytime

EDIT: Happens only on album shuffle

Screenshot_20180619-205111-540x960.png

Screenshot_20180619-205206-540x960.png

39 minutes ago, Lolz said:

Just noticed a really weird bug

I know there are many bugs and the player is fantastic just wanted to make you guys aware

1.Open player while track paused (only in shuffle)

2.Change track (any number of times doesn't matter)

3.Swipe down (Just a simple swipe down on the cover art)

4.Mine crashes everytime

EDIT: Happens only on album shuffle

Screenshot_20180619-205111-540x960.png

Screenshot_20180619-205206-540x960.png

Yep, its a weird bug lol 

Happens to me on any shuffle 

Long time user here,

Wanted to let Max know to take all the time he needs.? I believe V2 is well worth the price I paid and to receive V3, at no additional cost, is very gracious of him. Keep up the good work and if it takes all year.........so be it. V2 and the alphas are good enough to hold me down for now. ?

9 hours ago, XE5S25 said:

Hello, it's possible to add option what restore the old layout from 709 build? A new UI looks bad for me :/.

The new UI looks like the text boxes were moved out of the way during designing and then the dev forgot to make a spot for the text to go so it was just left aside on the album cover.  And it looks half baked like that.

20 hours ago, adamkimber said:

Could you explain this. I have an s7 and Bluetooth headphones and would like the best sound from them.

I am using Yamaha YBA-11 receiver that supports aptX. But since Oreo the HD outputs are over amplified and you can hear cracks in the sound. I have tried every single option but with no success. The standard output is ok but the quality is lower.

1 hour ago, Bobeca said:

I am using Yamaha YBA-11 receiver that supports aptX. But since Oreo the HD outputs are over amplified and you can hear cracks in the sound. I have tried every single option but with no success. The standard output is ok but the quality is lower.

I noticed when using bluetooth adapter for my car stereo on my GS7 since the Oreo update the volume is amped louder now.  Not sure if it's specific to Poweramp as i hadn't tried other players.  Not sure about cracks in the sound but I doubt I'm running HD with bluetooth. And I'm on build 709 btw.  

4 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

You are so funny man. First 1 year delay now "end of month max beginning of next" already 20 of June and still nothing :D You can't be trusted and I feel sorry about friends that trusted you and they experienced what kind of untrustworthy person you are 

Really ? .. untrustworthy person for what ? hes a developer not your personal assistant is he? Try being patient for once before lashing out ?

9 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

The new UI looks like the text boxes were moved out of the way during designing and then the dev forgot to make a spot for the text to go so it was just left aside on the album cover.  And it looks half baked like that.

People want a new ui ..now they don't like the ui they are getting. I agree the text boxes are a problem but they aren't the end of the world are they? 

Also it's great seeing new people giving hate to the new ui ..it seems everyone is putting personal preferences ahead and also that not everyone can be pleased ? 

4 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

You are so funny man. First 1 year delay now "end of month max beginning of next" already 20 of June and still nothing :D You can't be trusted and I feel sorry about friends that trusted you and they experienced what kind of untrustworthy person you are 

Actually max does'nt know when v3 will be ready.....every time period was given by max never proves right......when v3 beta preview was released, max never told us before release that it would be a preview quality app......@max...as a top devoloper, you should try to keep your word otherwise don't say any wrong period before release......

On 6/19/2018 at 4:01 PM, andrewilley said:

No, Poweramp v2 purchasers can upgrade to v3 for no extra charge. Some people have been offering to pay an additional donation for the extra development work though.

Edit: Unless you meant Android ROM releases for your phone? In which case many manufacturers offer to update their phones to at least the next major annual release of Android (e.g. Nougat to Oreo) but rarely very much further than that - and they are under no obligation to do any more than bug fixes.

Andre

If that's how it goes I request you to please add support for the Oreo 8.1 in V2...

Archived