Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

Sadly I had to revert to alpha. For some reason, whilst the alpha high res works, on the latest beta I get this strange crackling like my earphones have blown.

At first I thought they might have done so tried some others with the same result.

Removed the beta and reinstalled and got the same result even when using hd. Then went back to alpha and the issue has gone.

Hope this is fixed before final release, although I'm due to get my s9+ soon, so hopefully the issue won't come up on there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Two years in fact. But if you think you can do it quicker, feel free to write such an app yourself. Max says he hopes to have a stable official release ready for early June, although that could be a bit optimistic as a few things still need addressing.

Andre

To be fair, current version seems to be more stable then 704. High res works.

Just missing options.

Can you please message Max and let him know people want to donate for his hard work? I really feel like this upgrade should have been paid for.

I want to at least donate a few dollars.

3 hours ago, pauldamo said:

The now playing  song should be on the bottom of those screens ,just tap it and it opens now playing full screen and when on settings screen the arrow on the top left takes you back to fullscreen now playing

While tapping on now playing screen in bottom...the current song is playing again from start... Don't know if thats the problem in my device only...

11 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Why can't people just learn to be patient? Oh that is right, they don't want to.

Name at least one thing that patience helped. It's more like the will of the case and come what may.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you'd prefer that to be done before other functionality is restored (Library categories, etc) then please vote for your choice in 

At the moment, I'm afraid a dark theme is trailing very definitely in third place. All three options should be done by the time of the official release though.

Andre

I have voted for the 2nd option too but dark theme is always an added advantage...Though white skin is looking good too

7 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

To be fair, current version seems to be more stable then 704. High res works.

Just missing options.

Can you please message Max and let him know people want to donate for his hard work? I really feel like this upgrade should have been paid for.

I want to at least donate a few dollars.

you are crazy !? What to pay for, for this non-working ...!? Guys, two years, two years, he promised and released this.

So far so good on my Nougat Galaxy S7. Hopefully I'll get to actually sit down any play with it beyond just bluet ooh streaming soon.

Wont install on my rooted kitkat S4 though. about to flash a Lollipop rom and see if that helps lol

After installing, removing and re-installing the new version starts to run on my S8.
My humble opinion

The new HMI is simple and straightforward but a little too "touchy" for my fat fingers. Hovering over the display can accidentally open screen/features with no easy way to revert. This makes using the player while driving a challenge..

As on the beta version, the sound quality is above my ear skills. No complaints 

Hope that the list option will be back soon. That's the biggest feature I am missing. 
All together the new design impressive and promising. 

Has anyone tested if Beta works well on Android Auto? And I agree I think there should be 1 star or a 1 heart option instead of thumbs up, I really don't think anyone uses the thumbs down option, and whenever I used the star system before I just put every song I liked at 5 stars

1 hour ago, IamGremlin said:

While tapping on now playing screen in bottom...the current song is playing again from start... Don't know if thats the problem in my device only...

I don't know why you wanted to tap the bottom of the now playing screen,I thought were trying to get back to the fullscreen player from the equalizer, search and the settings page.

Hey I don't know if this feature was mentioned yet, but under the seekbar if you press the letters where it tells you the sound format, it can be changed to show you the sound output, the music folder, or even show the next song that will be playing ! Hope this helps anyone still finding features

When I get the dark theme turned on, it tends to bug out when going into the equalizer and other menus surrounding that. Sometimes like there are blocks of the dark theme with white and other times it's just the white theme, but when the dark theme does work, u cant see the words to the wheels like stereo expand and whatnot

Btw I am happy to see this finally released. Being on s8 plus and having at least one hd option, the sound is so much better compared to before. I do see the scratchiness people are talking about when I use certain plugins like my bluetooth FM transmitter. But headphones seem to work fine. Guess it depends on the phone or something from the sound of it. Thank you Max for bringing some light back 

1 minute ago, lvwytemike said:

Btw I am happy to see this finally released. Being on s8 plus and having at least one hd option, the sound is so much better compared to before. I do see the scratchiness people are talking about when I use certain plugins like my bluetooth FM transmitter. But headphones seem to work fine. Guess it depends on the phone or something from the sound of it. Thank you Max for bringing some light back 

Max said themes will come later on, right now those skins are for some parts of the settings, I'm really enjoying the sound quality difference, don't know if it's placebo but I feel like there is a big difference in quality for me lol

I have a bug that is a little annoying, whenever a song ends I will rarely hear a popping sound that varies in volume before the next song plays and my phone is a V30 with android 8.0 and I have been using the new opensl HD output option.

2 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

you are crazy !? What to pay for, for this non-working ...!? Guys, two years, two years, he promised and released this.

Stop whining. You are getting a free upgrade

4 hours ago, Rams225 said:

:) Another Decade.. By the way, Why this developer can't run a Telegram group. It help people as well as the developer fixing bugs quickly.

Because he doesn't need a telegram group, he has his own freakin' forum. Other apps are represented on telegram or g+, but Max has his own forum, that is much more advanced.

I didn't have any audio at all on the S7 Edge Exynos Canadian version until I switched to the 24 bit for the speaker so if anybody is having a similar problem, just switch to OpenSL ES HD output and it should work without issue.

I just wanted to say that you guys are totally in the right direction with this UI, it is easily the best music player UI that I have seen and the option to finally play 24 bit is great! Thanks a lot, guys!

Archived