Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

Been using 790 for 4 days, the Hi-Res output is awesome with my Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. This phone can do 24/44.1, 24/48, 24/96 and 24 bit/192 kHz output.

To Max, can you make Poweramp Hi-Res output to automatically switch to the sample rate of the audio file that being played? So i dont have to manually switch the sampe rate to match my audio sample rate (44.1, 48 and 192 kHz).

Thank you! ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Why buttons when swiping left or right does the same thing as buttons? It's much faster. Either way you are touching the screen.

Also the notification bar has the buttons. 

If someone doesn't like swiping, not much point in suggesting a notification bar which you have to swipe to see, and then the buttons are tiny anyway. :) 

I just admit I prefer buttons too - and they are more intuitive for new users rather than lots of finger waving and incantations :) . I actually have all gestures turned off in the current versions of PA, and I agree it'd be nice to present users with the option at least. And we do need some way to do Next and Previous List, and also FastForward and FastRewind with audio feedback.

Andre

1 hour ago, p0nkr4t said:

Got this problem since v2 release. In Russian language, special characters are displaying wrong. e.g., tous led mêmes looks like toys les mкmes and so.

Have you already tried adjusting Settings > Folders and Library > Folders/Library Scanner > Tag Encoding ?

Andre

14 minutes ago, pavankona said:

when you are playing a file, relevant information is displayed just below the play/pause button. by clicking on that info, you can toggle between bit rate/file name/output mode (Hi Res etc). Attaching screenshots.

Also by long-pressing on that meta tag info, you get a popup with more information about the actual encoding and output processing. ( @Ashish007 --- this is what were asking about)

Andre

7 minutes ago, Ashish007 said:

Guys..?

16 minutes ago, pavankona said:

when you are playing a file, relevant information is displayed just below the play/pause button. by clicking on that info, you can toggle between bit rate/file name/output mode (Hi Res etc). Attaching screenshots.

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, Ashish007 said:

Guys..?

Hope my above post clarifies your question

1 hour ago, Sanket103 said:

@maxmp1 simple playscreen as spotify.. with play pause n seekbar is what is missing... rest all works jzt fine for me 

Screenshot_20180503-124602_Spotify.jpg

Max has implemented the wavebar which is pretty unique to android players i feel there is the play pause functionality too.. yeah there are no next prev buttons but it doesn't hinder me 

here's LineageOS 14.1 on N7100, beta preview won't start at all. Tried cleaning cache, uninstalling, reinstalling and whatever else suggested without luck. My phone keep saying that Poweramp has stopped working.

5 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

You can in fact remove the like dislike buttons in the appearance menu 

Im aware of that...But you can't add the ratings (star) system. Just don't understand the reasoning for "Disliking" a track you have put on your device to begin with. 

For those who don't know is hi res or hd  working or not ?

NOTE: no device detection implemented yet for the new OpenSL HD Output, it will happily report it plays hi-res, even if device doesn't actually support Hi-Res Audio

Once implied correctly u can view this if it works or not ?

Screenshot_20180503-160224.thumb.png.5811b87bd60c2956fdcb5f64d2f847ce.pngsketch1525343867819.thumb.png.c9f3a26f6d64cab440c1e6dd3ac18c32.png

7 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Why buttons when swiping left or right does the same thing as buttons? It's much faster. Either way you are touching the screen.

Also the notification bar has the buttons. 

Did i not say it was personal preference? I like the look of buttons. "much faster" is your preference. 

Just wondering if there is a plan to implement move to next list/folder buttons as per 588 ? If so will there be a way of activating that via Bluetooth?  I find this really useful when listening to music in my car as I could double tap the forward button to change album.  That functionality has been broken in oreo for my s8+ in all previous versions though.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, Ben Anderson said:

Disable Float32.

You're on to something. The clicks are more frequent with it enabled. Still not click free with it disabled. 

I'm open to the possibility of it being a bug with Android's OpenSL HD. However, on a previous version of Poweramp and Android, the problem was entirely resolved by raising playback thread priority. 

5 hours ago, Bass said:

In this beta preview version, It seems there was no inbuilt option for changing the equalizer settings like Bass & Treble, Bass, Bass Extreme, Treble etc...like existing stable version currently available in play store..If anybody can able to figure out that option in this preview version, please let me know..

IMG_20180503_143834.jpg

Hope this helps

Capture+_2018-05-03-08-12-37.png

Capture+_2018-05-03-08-13-01.png

Hi Max, is it possible to get back the original control UI? I think many people might prefer buttons instead of swiping to change songs, currently it is slightly hard to do so with one hand.

Max thanks for the new redesigned UI and when I click lyrics it shows up "Not implement yet"  then if i wish to delete song which I don't want anymore it's not deleting it from folders and How to change visualizer it shows only one mild drop preset!

Screenshot_20180503-180809.png

18 minutes ago, 350519263 said:

Hi Max, is it possible to get back the original control UI? I think many people might prefer buttons instead of swiping to change songs, currently it is slightly hard to do so with one hand.

Coming from an OS gesture based (Blackberry 10 OS), I like to finally see some gestures on android too.

More fluid, faster...and buttons less!! ;p

Archived