Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

5 hours ago, rohorubo said:

For me a Black Player EX with the sound machine from PA would be a dream.

I don't really like the play screen not to say it's ugly for me. But because of sound quality I have to stay with PA ?

I also have to say that it is really ridiculous to have a music player without artist listing. That's the most basic feature of a player. I know it's very alpha but anyway.

Most of the players that innovate copy what they see in Poweramp, in fact if you notice Black player is not the exception. Poweramp is a player that goes forward and you want to go back. That is the problem of the human being always wants the same.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flac 24/192 + cue doesn't appear in library (even in folder view) after rescan in app or phone reboot. When i try to play this file from file manager - open with - Poweramp, pa crashes, i can play this files with every other player, even Google Play music

Xz1 compact android 8.0

1 hour ago, Sylvo said:

Oops I messed up ? 

BTW once it's implemented properly it can be used though 

Although the @Wolfpig for correcting me

Can happen...sometimes such stuff is overlooked.

BTW: To the stuff i asked about bt and its output.....seems really that bt connections (at least here) get processed at the moment over the speaker output options instead over the bt settings.

Let's see if that changes in the (stable) beta or not

https://imgur.com/4TMvigQ

Agree.

I cannot make fast jumps by using the wave bar, and words showing on album makes me unsteady. I personally don't want to see the album art either (more precisely, don't want some specific people to see some strange pictures), I don't know how to disable that at the moment.

The best thing improved though is that hi-res is better supported, it sounds so much better when external DAC is connected here, pleased by this improvement.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:43 AM, IamGremlin said:

Around 2years ago when i bought this app, I lost all hope of getting an update...

But this is awesome...UI is whole different from other apps

One problem is,when i am in equiliser or search or settings screen then there is no way to go to now playing screen. When i hit back button,power amp exits.

This is irritating as again and again i have to open the app...

Agreed

3 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Well your wishes aren't gonna come true it seems.. personal preference is fine but there are other people who are fine some happy about the the new ui... In Short , your complaints .... Terrible ☺️

He has a very good point about the white: the design (at least currently without skins) is problematic when the album art is white (try the beatles "White Album" for instance)-the controls almost disappear. It also is pure white when no album art displays. I think this will be remedied with updates, but it certainly is a consideration with the design. 

I LIKE the overall visual design of the v3. And i am not against gesture control at all. I did like the up/down album gesture in 704. And i like swiping for track advance. I agree with Andre about the mutiple areas of swiping though, that is much harder than buttons. 

But the black boxes with type covering the album art LOOK horrid. Its not pretty and is a stark contrast to the other well-implemented elements of design. The waveform scroller is visually appealing and works well. Its much easier to control and is very fluid. But i just dont think it needs to be quite as big. It could be a smaller and allow for the track listing to be placed off of the art, and not even affect the control functionality. The more i use it the more i like it--but frankly, i dont need to use it very often. Why would you constantly need to scroll around in the track? I can see it in an editing function but not for basic music listening. But what bothers me more is that the waveform is not very accurate!  ? It draws more attention than any visual element (including album art) but doesnt sync well with the actual music. (I have degrees in both recording engineering and graphic arts, so this just makes me crazy) ? 

Hopefully when the v3 is completely finalized, some of these issues will be worked out. On my device, 790 seems way more of an alpha version than 704 was. I am getting constant crashes with 709 as well, 704 seems more of the beta/more stable version. 

4 hours ago, bgs said:

v3 beta build 790 lock screen music stops, player shuts off and doesn't play in lock screen mode.

Turn off all Lock Screen features in PA, as they are not yet supported in beta build (as per the first post in this thread). I'm guessing your previous settings are presumably turning them back on again.

Andre

3 hours ago, Palmalat37 said:

Poweramp is a player that goes forward and you want to go back. That is the problem of the human being always wants the same.

Or, to play Devil's Advocate here, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Change purely for change's sake is not necessarily a step forward - take Google's whole Material Design mess for example, or Windows 8 (or even 10) as a supposed "improvement" over the Windows 7 user interface.

Andre

Hi

Ok, I was browsed and reading this forum for almost a year, silently and patiently waiting for this update. (This maybe sounds incredible for 99,9999% here, especially for Andre lol. But there are people like me, yes WE exist...) So I think it's the time to say a few things.

I am happy with the new version, the new UI looks so nice, I love it. Here are a few weird things I experienced. I use 3-way audio configuration because the missing Hi-res support, XtremeMusic + V4A +PA. Well configured, it sounds pretty nice together on low-end devices. I'm using a LG G4c (H522Y), running on stock 5.0 rooted with SU. PA happily reports that it plays Hi-res audio nicely (24-b, 192khz), even my device doesn't support it. I know it is a known issue, but this just weird. Running smooth, I can listen it for hours without crashes, surprisingly stable and sounds good on this device. Here's a few screens.

Screenshot_2018-05-03-17-07-57.png

Screenshot_2018-05-03-16-37-47.png

Screenshot_2018-05-03-16-37-57.png

Screenshot_2018-05-03-16-49-19.png

Screenshot_2018-05-03-16-39-12.png

V4A clearly shows that the Hi-res not works, but I can listen it with Hi-res output for a half day stable, without any problem and it sounds good. Just weird, anyways I'm happy with it's sound.

The next thing I wanna talk about the UI. Looks awesome, surely the best UI I've ever seen on android and love it. But there are a few things I dont like. The artist - album - title text placed on the album art not looks so good at all. The like / dislike system is useless.. (Who dislikes a song on his device?) I liked the old 5-star rating way. I would love to see prev & next button too instead of swiping up-down, left-right. Gestures are cool, but tapping a button easier and faster. :P Visualization looks bad for me when turned on, the UI looks like a total mess, it's ugly.

Screenshot_2018-05-03-16-47-56.png

It would be looks way more better if used as just a background, with album art i think. I would love to have an option on the visualization settings menu to enable the album art.

20180503170548_01.jpg

I would love to have the ability to adjust the album art size and the title - album- artist text size too, so you can adjust it to your screen size and the text will be not placed on the album art anymore, make the look more clear and nice. Overall I like the new version of PA, and can't wait to have the final release. Great job.

Xander

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Or, to play Devil's Advocate here, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Change purely for change's sake is not necessarily a step forward - take Google's whole Material Design mess for example, or Windows 8 (or even 10) as a supposed "improvement" over the Windows 7 user interface.

Andre

I still don't see the need for buttons. You say it's more clicks to use the buttons on the notification area. I just don't see how. It's on the lock screen.

It's more clicks to get to desktop, open Poweramp, then go to the next track.

So I didn't see it on known not working features and I'm hoping it's not a bug I have because everything else works amazing. But I can't seem to retrieve or download any album art. Old Poweramp used to do it automatically but even trying to force it from the menu in this version returns no selectable results. Is this just something that won't be added until another version or final? Other than everything else is working great on both of my Pixel XLs. My Dev model running Android P Developer Preview 1 and the other running April Android 8.1. Well done @maxmp

40 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

I still don't see the need for buttons. You say it's more clicks to use the buttons on the notification area. I just don't see how. It's on the lock screen.

It's more clicks to get to desktop, open Poweramp, then go to the next track.

But, you are NoLongerWorking. 

(Sorry, couldn't help it, as Andre said "if it AIN'T broke"). ?

Seriously, I'm becoming torn between buttons and gestures. Just really dont like those black boxes over the art. 

Would it be possible to split the album & artist on the now playing screen into separate lines? Sometimes a long album name will mean the artist name gets cut off. I see there is an option to show/hide Like/Unlike, maybe the artist name can go there?

Also, non-square album art is being cropped into a square e.g. concert posters being used for album art. Can there be an option for 'fit-centered'?

+1 for the next/previous buttons and 'normal' seek bar.

3 hours ago, Fstop said:

Seriously, I'm becoming torn between buttons and gestures. Just really dont like those black boxes over the art. 

LMAO

15 hours ago, Ben Anderson said:

That solved the clipping on my OnePlus 5. Another try is to increase buffer size. That helped a little before I disabled Float32. I don't know how to raise thread priority on Android.

There is an option for this in v2. Next to the option for increasing buffer size. 

4 hours ago, Fstop said:

Well the unrounded black boxes are an issue ... But you wouldn't change the whole app for that thing right? What pisses me are people saying remove the boxes remove the wavebar remove the  screen buttons.. .. i mean are you purposely trying to make things bad are you. Just take everything with a grain of salt otherwise go make your own player

23 hours ago, pavankona said:

when you are playing a file, relevant information is displayed just below the play/pause button. by clicking on that info, you can toggle between bit rate/file name/output mode (Hi Res etc). Attaching screenshots.

Capture.JPG

I am getting like this... How to get Hi Res..? 

Screenshot_20180504-121222.jpg

6 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Assuming you use lock screens of course, which I don't. As long as I'm in a trusted location, mine unlocks directly to normal screen.

Anyway, I think all that's needed is the option to use regular controls and/or gestures, not to remove either completely. 

Andre

Archived