Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BROKEN said:

I still don't see the need for buttons. You say it's more clicks to use the buttons on the notification area. I just don't see how. It's on the lock screen.

Assuming you use lock screens of course, which I don't. As long as I'm in a trusted location, mine unlocks directly to normal screen.

Anyway, I think all that's needed is the option to use regular controls and/or gestures, not to remove either completely. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Hope this helps

Capture+_2018-05-03-08-12-37.png

Capture+_2018-05-03-08-13-01.png

Thanks for your help!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vincent Zhang said:

I can't find the DLAN ,(DIGITAL LIVING NETWORK ALLIANCE) the DLAN have add to the new version?

DLNA will not be implemented any time soon, but it is on the longer term roadmap (initially as an output method).

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evergray said:

When i scroll my music list via scrollbar makes app force closed...

Try clearing app cache data, or uninstall and reinstall clean. Sometimes bringing in settings when doing an over-install seems to be causing crashes.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ameya28 said:

What pisses me are people saying remove the boxes remove the wavebar remove the  screen buttons.. ..

I think the issues here are more that:

(a) people (naturally) want to see the whole of the cover art, thus control functions and information text might be better located elsewhere on the screen rather than obscuring the thing you wanted to see in the first place. In fact it was a regularly raised issue on the 700-704 builds complaining that it was no longer possible to hide the icon panels - and 790 is actually much worse in that respect, not better. If you're going to have large floating text boxes, why not put them over the new huge seekbar, rather than the covering the art that people want to see?

(b) the wavebar looks amazing, and works really well as far as it goes - I really like the appearance, and the ease of making small movements - e.g. going back 10-15 seconds within longer tracks (I'd actually like a floating +/- relative time display during swipes, as well as seeing the absolute time, though). However it is of less practical use than before in that you don't get a visual indication of exactly where within the track is currently playing (10%, 50%, 75% complete?) and you can't move to everyhere within the track in one swipe, you are limited to about half of the track length per swipe.

In short, all the new stuff is lovely and has obviously taking a long time to develop, but there will be a lot of resistance if adding all the pretty new bells and whistles is actually at the expense of removing existing core features.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

telephone: xiaomi redmi4 prime - rom Lineageos 14.1 latest firmware by Raziel.

Hello everyone. the best place to report problems? I thought I'd solved it, but it's not like that. The problem is right on audio channels that are not routed correctly. while listening to music, as soon as an audio notification arrives, the audio music resumes from both the headset and the external speaker of the phone. regardless of the settings used. this happens even if, during music playback in Poweramp, you go to touch the volume and the notification ringtone from the phone settings. the only solution is to completely lower the notification volume and use vibration. I tried to reinstall the 704 alpha and the problem disappears, but the HIRES does not work as Lineage is based on Android 7.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Assuming you use lock screens of course, which I don't. As long as I'm in a trusted location, mine unlocks directly to normal screen.

Anyway, I think all that's needed is the option to use regular controls and/or gestures, not to remove either completely. 

Andre

Exactly  what i meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 0:10 PM, wishwosha said:

Awesome to see the direction you are taking this Max, I love the gesture navigation as one handed usability has improved massively which was my biggest gripe before.

One thing I would suggest (you may be planning to implement anyway) to ensure one handed usability is to auto expand the keyboard when someone taps on search.

Also, I am sure this has been mentioned to you before but on the previous alpha I was on lock screen gesture controls stopped working (Device Oneplus 5 on 8.0). This is something I used a lot and really value in a music player.

Update: I have updated to 8.1 and it appears lock screen gestures are working again so maybe it was something with my phone rather than Poweramp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, kima09 said:

I know, but the convenience/aesthetic of just tapping a single button is not there.

I second this.

@maxmp, please don't fix what's not broken. Bring back the 'tap on elapsed time' to start the song from the beginning. Спасибо. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2018 at 5:24 AM, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage

...

 

 

On 30/04/2018 at 5:28 AM, maxmp said:

...

Hi @maxmp and @Andre and all of those appreciate your work.

 

Just dropped by to say thank you.

 

The app is quite useable already, and what's more, the features it introduces are quite extraordinary.

 

I sincerely hope they will be present in the final stages of Poweramp's releases. And eventually making their way to production phase as well.

 

I intended to say this since I began using this quality preview, in the beginning of the week. But I wasn't having the time to do it properly.

So... Here it is!

 

My public expression of gratitude and enticement!

 

Cheers! You guys rock and will continue to do so!!!!

 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than the name, what's the difference (if any) between Hi resolution output and OpenSL ES HD output?

My Xiaomi Mi 5S, running LineageOS 15.1 (Android O, 8.1), doesn't have the HI resolution output. @maxmp, can you please do your magic and add it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dvvmvp said:

My Xiaomi Mi 5S, running LineageOS 15.1 (Android O, 8.1), doesn't have the HI resolution output. @maxmp, can you please do your magic and add it? 

For Android 8+ you need to use OpenSL ES HD, as per the info posts at the start of this thread:

On 4/30/2018 at 5:28 AM, maxmp said:

Changelog
• updated Hi-Res (Exp) Output for Android 7.0 (but it doesn't work for Android 8)
• new OpenSL HD Output for Android 8.0.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

(b) the wavebar looks amazing, and works really well as far as it goes - I really like the appearance, and the ease of making small movements - e.g. going back 10-15 seconds within longer tracks (I'd actually like a floating +/- relative time display during swipes, as well as seeing the absolute time, though). However it is of less practical use than before in that you don't get a visual indication of exactly where within the track is currently playing (10%, 50%, 75% complete?) and you can't move to everyhere within the track in one swipe, you are limited to about half of the track length per swipe.

In short, all the new stuff is lovely and has obviously taking a long time to develop, but there will be a lot of resistance if adding all the pretty new bells and whistles is actually at the expense of removing existing core features.

Andre

The wavebar looks nice, but needs to be practical. I've spent some time watching it while listening and I still don't know what I'm seeing. I suggest this functionality:

Tapping once on wave bar toggles between a) the current magnified wave bar and scrolling method and B) a fixed whole track wavebar with a location bar which can be dragged. 

Long distance seeks can then be done anywhere in the track and fine tuning with the magnified bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dvvmvp said:

Other than the name, what's the difference (if any) between Hi resolution output and OpenSL ES HD output?

My Xiaomi Mi 5S, running LineageOS 15.1 (Android O, 8.1), doesn't have the HI resolution output. @maxmp, can you please do your magic and add it? 

do the focus audio channels work well when you receive notifications 
while listening to music?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ben Anderson said:

Tapping once on wave bar toggles between a) the current magnified wave bar and scrolling method and B) a fixed whole track wavebar with a location bar which can be dragged. Long distance seeks can then be done anywhere in the track and fine tuning with the magnified bar.

What a good idea, best of both worlds! A full-track wavebar could use the same visual format as the new one (which looks lovely) but just have a moving positional indication rather than one locked to the middle of the screen. It would need to be long-press to toggle though, as otherwise how could you tap somewhere along the bar for a new playback position when you are in the full-track view? But then, long-press functionality might mess up easy dragging in the new 790 style wavebar...

Now just got to convince Max that he wants to write that...

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03.05.2018 at 10:45 AM, Ameya28 said:

Don't get why are you waiting for the stable release when dont like what you are getting in it?  Seems like some people are joining the forums just for criticizing... Looks like loyalties to other players trying to grief IMO ?

Seems like some people are joining the forums just for criticizing... other people ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, daveaspec said:

Andre do you think Max will give a check to my problem?

As long as issues aren't coming from custom ROMs or specific devices only, Max will need to address them eventually. But I can't give you a timescale as he's got a lot of general functionality to restore too. Have you tried clearing date/cache and/or clean installing 790?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As long as issues aren't coming from custom ROMs or specific devices only, Max will need to address them eventually. But I can't give you a timescale as he's got a lot of general functionality to restore too. Have you tried clearing date/cache and/or clean installing 790?

Andre

yes

 

I also reinstalled the ROM system from the beginning, and tried with 704 alpha and it works, but I came back to 790 because hires is fantastic

for the moment i silent notifications

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Anderson said:

The wavebar looks nice, but needs to be practical. I've spent some time watching it while listening and I still don't know what I'm seeing. I suggest this functionality:

Tapping once on wave bar toggles between a) the current magnified wave bar and scrolling method and B) a fixed whole track wavebar with a location bar which can be dragged. 

Long distance seeks can then be done anywhere in the track and fine tuning with the magnified bar.

That's a great idea. 

+1 for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys there's something to consider about the design: it may have external skin support too, so don't need to try making the perfect thing for everyone in one shot. I think the only thing who really need to be changed on the plain app is the music info overlaying the album art, but other than this...

I've received the Oreo update on my phone and I could say the 790 is working better on Oreo than on Nougat, but there's a thing that doesn't work on any of those versions. I don't know if it's a bug, or not yet implemented, but 790 can't read files from OTG attached devices. Internal memory and SD card works fine but OTG flash memories, even appearing on config screen and even if we grant Poweramp the access, when you do the scan, the media from external device don't show. 704 worked fine on this. Not complaining, just sharing some info~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2018 at 10:22 AM, technoviking10 said:

Soon as I lock my screen, the music stops.

I installed on the top of 704, should we do a complete uninstall and reinstall?

I am facing the same issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the issues here are more that:

(a) people (naturally) want to see the whole of the cover art, thus control functions and information text might be better located elsewhere on the screen rather than obscuring the thing you wanted to see in the first place. In fact it was a regularly raised issue on the 700-704 builds complaining that it was no longer possible to hide the icon panels - and 790 is actually much worse in that respect, not better. If you're going to have large floating text boxes, why not put them over the new huge seekbar, rather than the covering the art that people want to see?

(b) the wavebar looks amazing, and works really well as far as it goes - I really like the appearance, and the ease of making small movements - e.g. going back 10-15 seconds within longer tracks (I'd actually like a floating +/- relative time display during swipes, as well as seeing the absolute time, though). However it is of less practical use than before in that you don't get a visual indication of exactly where within the track is currently playing (10%, 50%, 75% complete?) and you can't move to everyhere within the track in one swipe, you are limited to about half of the track length per swipe.

In short, all the new stuff is lovely and has obviously taking a long time to develop, but there will be a lot of resistance if adding all the pretty new bells and whistles is actually at the expense of removing existing core features.

Andre

E  x  a  c  t  l  y  .               Plus, the black boxes are a visual distraction for the otherwise beauty of the entire design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. General Poweramp question (it also applies to the previous versions): What's the difference between "Shuffle Songs/Lists" and "Shuffle All"? According to my experiments, the only difference is the name as their behavior is identical. 

2. "Repeat song" is the 'repeat' option I'm using most. @maxmp, can you make it activate on a single tap instead of having to tap 3 times? In a perfect universe, there is an option in settings that allows users to customize this as they please. 

3. Please move *close (x)* to the left in the notification thingy. Also, please change the icons to skip tracks from *forward/rewind* like they are now into *next/previous track* (see Google Play Music and/or YouTube notification as an example of the icons I'm referring to). 

4. Please allow us to remove the album art from playlist/list view. It occupies too much precious space.

5. The new animations are dope. Can you please also add animatons when switching from library view to equalizer or search (and vice-versa)?

6. Please make the bottom (white) bar transparent as now it stands out too much. Or, ditch the bar completely and just leave out the 4 icons but make them transparent, like shuffle & song repeat icons/buttons are/used to be in the alpha version.

Another thing that would be nice to have is reducing the number of icons in the same bottom bar by moving "equalizer" in the "3 lines" menu. I don't know about you guys, but once I set up the equalizer the way I like it (which I do after a clean install) I never touch it again. So, it would make all the sense in the world to me to have "equalizer" in the "3 lines menu" instead. 

7. Can we please have the option to choose between the new soundcloud-like seek bar and the old one? If not (which would be sad), can you at least tweak it in the following way: have a promodj.com type of seek bar (where you still have the SoundCloud style seek bar but you can see it all at once) so we could easily move to a certain part of a long mix and then, upon 'tap and hold' on the seek bar, change it's behavior and appearance into the current implementation (SoundCloud style). I hope this makes sense to you, not only to me.

8. Although activated in settings, "beep" when changing the track via bloototh or volume buttons is not working. Please bring this option back from the dead.

9. Please make the "info/tags" window to open in full screen instead of half screen so we wouldn't have to scroll to see everything in there. Also in the "info/tags" territory, please allow us to edit the composer.

10. Please remove the artist name and song title from album art. It's not looking pretty the way it is now. It's like you're watching a movie while there constantly are 10 mosquitos on the TV screen. You can cut the seek bar size in half and use the new space for the artist name and song title.

11. Please bring back the old, classic and uber eficient 'next' and 'previous song' buttons in the main UI of the player.

12. Please set up Poweramp to automatically open keyboard after tapping "search".

13. Album art on lock screen is now blurred. Please turn off the blur.

 

Device & OS: Xiaomi Mi 5S; Android 8.1, LineageOS 15.1

Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180430-105710.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180430-105723.png

Edited by dvvmvp
Added screenshots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...