Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

Firstly thank you Max for your continuing efforts on my #1 favorite Music app.  I know there is a fair amount of work ahead Sir, and I only have one request to maybe add to that work.   This request I posted too late at the end of V2 development and now with V3 I hope my thoughts can be added somehow.  Could Poweramp somehow have a setting that allows it to save the position of each track if you want, so that if you have a podcast or something long you are listening to and you switch to a different song you can go back to that same place in each track.  With my #1 video app, MX Player Pro I have over 200 videos and somehow it remembers the position of each video.   I can't be the only one that would hope for this feature, but if not I will still love Poweramp.  I thank you again Max.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2018 at 7:00 AM, Ibrahimbo101 said:

Is it possible to have steps on the eq? Like +1 +2 +3..... making a specific present is abit hard without knowing the values we pick, Thanks in advanced

Screenshot_20180501-135724.png

+1

Just comments from my personal preferences:

Adding to others, really dislike having ANY copy/text overlay on the album art, hoping the Track info can be placed lower (off of art)...Please! 

Rather have actual buttons for Play/Track advance in addition to gestures. 

No need for thumbs up/down. If i don't like a song it shouldn't be on my device in first place (did occasionally use/like the rating system (5 stars). Need Playlists and Artist selections (liked the 704 implementation better). 

Waveform does seem a bit intrusive (large) to me, if buttons were overlayed might be better. 

Understanding that functions are still being added/worked on, but i really need my EQ presets. Use literally a dozen or more, and love the old way of assigning them to Wired/Bluetooth. Would love to have a way to auto-detect multiple EQ BT/wired connections depending on selection too. 

Overall pretty design, but really waiting on the better functionality for me. Still love 704, just needed hi-res support. ;)

Keep up the good work! 

24 minutes ago, Fstop said:

Keep up the good work! 

Why buttons when swiping left or right does the same thing as buttons? It's much faster. Either way you are touching the screen.

Also the notification bar has the buttons. 

I don't know guys. Love PA and been using it for years, but this ui... It just sucks. Sorry for that. The new Seekbar is awful.. The text over the album art is even more awful. I started to use uapp couple months ago, and you know what..? For now it is MUCH better than the PA. And I don't know what Max should do to get the leadership back. But I keep watching this thread and keep hoping :) Sorry for my English, guys. As two years ago - waiting patiently for the stable release.

There's a word of caution by Max regarding HD Audio. The app has no algorithm to ascertain if the output is HD. Certainly, on a Qualcomm processor a difference could be felt by activating on-board HD Audio processing. So yes, the HD Audio part works, but that should work for all apps since the audio processing is done at the hardware level. 

1 hour ago, Vampyr said:

Firstly thank you Max for your continuing efforts on my #1 favorite Music app.  I know there is a fair amount of work ahead Sir, and I only have one request to maybe add to that work.   This request I posted too late at the end of V2 development and now with V3 I hope my thoughts can be added somehow.  Could Poweramp somehow have a setting that allows it to save the position of each track if you want, so that if you have a podcast or something long you are listening to and you switch to a different song you can go back to that same place in each track.  With my #1 video app, MX Player Pro I have over 200 videos and somehow it remembers the position of each video.   I can't be the only one that would hope for this feature, but if not I will still love Poweramp.  I thank you again Max.

Even I wonder if Poweramp could do this it would be awesome ??

20 minutes ago, Sylvo said:

Even I wonder if Poweramp could do this it would be awesome ??

Me too all devs

Can I help you of developing of this program?

Such as Translation, Smartphone support

2 years I've waited. Countless number of hours and days spent checking this forum for updates and reading all the comments. Sadly the new UI turned out to be ugly AF. Sorry for the word, and I appreciate all the efforts but you must be a fanboy or have been hyped so much with the release to say at least its good or even works. I only used it for 30 minutes and immediately went back to the previous version. I hope Max can give us the option to switch to the Legacy UI (with all the Hi-Res stuff working) like what he did with the early release of PA. :(

2 hours ago, Fstop said:

Adding to others, really dislike having ANY copy/text overlay on the album art, hoping the Track info can be placed lower (off of art)...Please! 

No need for thumbs up/down. If i don't like a song it shouldn't be on my device in first place (did occasionally use/like the rating system (5 stars). Need Playlists and Artist selections (liked the 704 implementation better). 

Waveform does seem a bit intrusive (large) to me, if buttons were overlayed might be better. 

Understanding that functions are still being added/worked on, but i really need my EQ presets. Use literally a dozen or more, and love the old way of assigning them to Wired/Bluetooth. Would love to have a way to auto-detect multiple EQ BT/wired connections depending on selection too. 

Overall pretty design, but really waiting on the better functionality for me. Still love 704, just needed hi-res support. ;)

Keep up the good work! 

You can in fact remove the like dislike buttons in the appearance menu 

1 hour ago, AndrewKay said:

I don't know guys. Love PA and been using it for years, but this ui... It just sucks. Sorry for that. The new Seekbar is awful.. The text over the album art is even more awful. I started to use uapp couple months ago, and you know what..? For now it is MUCH better than the PA. And I don't know what Max should do to get the leadership back. But I keep watching this thread and keep hoping :) Sorry for my English, guys. As two years ago - waiting patiently for the stable release.

Don't get why are you waiting for the stable release when dont like what you are getting in it?  Seems like some people are joining the forums just for criticizing... Looks like loyalties to other players trying to grief IMO ?

On 01/05/2018 at 1:04 PM, andrewilley said:

Did you read the first post before commenting? 

Andre

No I didn't but I thought the features which are showing up would be working I didn't guess it be a dummy.. sorry that's a fault from my side but other things I mentioned are not mentioned in the features list or issues

11 hours ago, BROKEN said:

To be fair, current version seems to be more stable then 704. High res works.

Just missing options.

Can you please message Max and let him know people want to donate for his hard work? I really feel like this upgrade should have been paid for.

I want to at least donate a few dollars.

If you want to donate - why don't you buy another copy of Poweramp? 

8 hours ago, Silversmith said:

I have a bug that is a little annoying, whenever a song ends I will rarely hear a popping sound that varies in volume before the next song plays and my phone is a V30 with android 8.0 and I have been using the new opensl HD output option.

I have a V30+ and I have no popping.

In this beta preview version, It seems there was no inbuilt option for changing the equalizer settings like Bass & Treble, Bass, Bass Extreme, Treble etc...like existing stable version currently available in play store..If anybody can able to figure out that option in this preview version, please let me know..

IMG_20180503_143834.jpg

26 minutes ago, Bass said:

In this beta preview version, It seems there was no inbuilt option for changing the equalizer settings like Bass & Treble, Bass, Bass Extreme, Treble etc...like existing stable version currently available in play store..If anybody can able to figure out that option in this preview version, please let me know..

You mean the presets? Those are more than likely simply MIA. Quiet a bit seems to be broken and missing that clearly should be there (like pressing a button and nothing happens style)

51 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

Please help.... I changed output to HD... But how can I know whether it's working well or not..? 

when you are playing a file, relevant information is displayed just below the play/pause button. by clicking on that info, you can toggle between bit rate/file name/output mode (Hi Res etc). Attaching screenshots.

Capture.JPG

Archived