Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

13 hours ago, grakov said:

Great job! But i have some issues:

-  Black theme don't work as black, maked screenshots

Screenshot_20180502-015102.png

There's no "Black theme" issue. It's "Settings Theme" (not full UI theme) and in your screenshot the Settings page is indeed black.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Tibor said:

Hi,

May I suggest an improvement? Could you implement a way to highlight the current track in play in the current album list? There are times where I can not recognize which is playing. Look at the screenshot:

Also a question: future beta will be released in this thread or a new one?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20180502-134917.png

It's obviously the bottom one with pause icon next to it

hey guys. can't get license check on lineage os 14.1. On google account i used unlocker.apk and everything was fine. How could you pass the license checkig if anybody could? If i'll acquire a new one will it solve the problem?

9 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

It's obviously the bottom one with pause icon next to it

That is not part of the list. Of course that is playing now, but I can not identify which of the three last in the list is which is playing, all are identical... Titles are long enought that they are cut....

33 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

I really like the option using the default theme for settings it actually uses the theme that I have downloaded and used from Samsung themes.

In my case it dowsn't work. I use a Samsung black theme (High_contrast_theme_II) but Poweramp settings is white if I select the Default option (not that I will ever complain about this, the app is just amazing).

6 hours ago, dumahim said:

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't change anything.

Did you activate the LIMITER in the EQUALIZER?

It limits the OUTPUT.

Otherwise, nothing else comes to mind, except a reinstallation of the APP

30 minutes ago, Tibor said:

That is not part of the list. Of course that is playing now, but I can not identify which of the three last in the list is which is playing, all are identical... Titles are long enought that they are cut....

Ok sorry yeah I see your point ,on my note8 the now playing song area is fairly thin compared to the other songs in the list,

12 minutes ago, fmc000 said:

In my case it dowsn't work. I use a Samsung black theme (High_contrast_theme_II) but Poweramp settings is white if I select the Default option (not that I will ever complain about this, the app is just amazing).

It even uses the background from my theme in pa settings when I use default option

thank you very much for the blur on the lock screen

Pts wrote a long time in " F eature Requests" about this, immediately went to check this feature after installation

thank you very much, again

my regards, maxmp 

but in general !!!!! everything is fine (even though it's beta-preview)

Around 2years ago when i bought this app, I lost all hope of getting an update...

But this is awesome...UI is whole different from other apps

One problem is,when i am in equiliser or search or settings screen then there is no way to go to now playing screen. When i hit back button,power amp exits.

This is irritating as again and again i have to open the app...

Hi thanks for the update

The app shows incompatibility with material notification shade app on android 7.0 

The app brings android Oreo and P notification center theme (there isn't colors)

Sorry but I don't speak English very well

Screenshot_20180502-093549.png

Im asking this here as i dont know if it is something which falls under the known problems in the first post or if it may be a (unknown?) bug. (and did not see anything mentioned in that area here.....but also did not read every single post)

Yesterday i played a bit with the audio ouput stuff and noticed that if i disable the bt options there that nothing happens/changes but the music shortly stops playing when disabling the speaker output (which activates itself again).

Could it be that Poweramp pre-beta for some reason process bt audio back over the speaker output instead over the bt options?

Or is that just one of those glitches which may indicate something different as it should?

Sony Xperia XZ1 (android 8.0) with Sony MDR 1000X BT Headphones

15 minutes ago, IamGremlin said:

Around 2years ago when i bought this app, I lost all hope of getting an update...

But this is awesome...UI is whole different from other apps

One problem is,when i am in equiliser or search or settings screen then there is no way to go to now playing screen. When i hit back button,power amp exits.

This is irritating as again and again i have to open the app...

The now playing  song should be on the bottom of those screens ,just tap it and it opens now playing full screen and when on settings screen the arrow on the top left takes you back to fullscreen now playing

4 hours ago, Tibor said:

May I suggest an improvement? Could you implement a way to highlight the current track in play in the current album list? There are times where I can not recognize which is playing. Look at the screenshot:

Also a question: future beta will be released in this thread or a new one?

That makes a lot of sense to me too, I liked the old system of the currently playing track being a bit bigger than the others to include a navigation bar (and I would like a play/pause control in there too). It'd look really nice have the new scrolling navbar shown with the current song.

I expect a new beta will be in a new thread, and once it's mostly feature-complete so it is suitable for daily use I'll add it to the Downloads tab too.

Andre

2 hours ago, IamGremlin said:

Same... It's irritating...hope it would be fixed in next beta build

If you'd prefer that to be done before other functionality is restored (Library categories, etc) then please vote for your choice in 

At the moment, I'm afraid a dark theme is trailing very definitely in third place. All three options should be done by the time of the official release though.

Andre

On 30/04/2018 at 9:54 AM, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage.

It does not yet have all of the features of the previous Alpha release. Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete, such as:

• Most library categories are not implemented as yet (you can only use All Songs, Folders, or Albums)
  • No List Options in Library screens
  • List/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, etc not yet supported
  • No landscape or tablet-specific layouts
  • No custom lockscreen

These features will be re-added into forthcoming beta releases over the next few weeks.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Updated Notes: If you are downloading directly on a mobile, make sure your browser does not alter the filename - the filename extension must be ".apk" to work. Install the file using a file explorer app rather than trying to run it from your browser. If you have any crashing issues, try deleting the app cache and data, or do a complete uninstall of the old version and then try the new version as a fresh install. (Remember to backup before you do so). From this release onward, Poweramp v3 will only run on Android 5.0 and above. If you have KitKat or earlier, the old v2 release will remain available for legacy devices.

LoL, You took 1.5 years to bring this new look to your app? When will it be stable and updated to Play Store?

33 minutes ago, Rams225 said:

LoL, You took 1.5 years to bring this new look to your app? When will it be stable and updated to Play Store?

Two years in fact. But if you think you can do it quicker, feel free to write such an app yourself. Max says he hopes to have a stable official release ready for early June, although that could be a bit optimistic as a few things still need addressing.

Andre

Archived