Poweramp builds 899-905

maxmp

2 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

MKV files (with video stream) are still being interpreted in Poweramp as mka and they are being shown even though Ignore video tracks is enabled.

While I agree it shouldn't be happening, the quickest solution would be to untick that 'Movies' folder from the Music Folders list.

Andre

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

While I agree it shouldn't be happening, the quickest solution would be to untick that 'Movies' folder from the Music Folders list.

Andre

Yeah, I just added Movies folder to test this bug. I can just exclude it again, but the thing is, for folder like Downloads, where both audio and video files are downloaded, it's really a pain. If I exclude the entire Downloads folder from being scanned, I can't find those audio files on Poweramp. The only workaround in that case would be to moving the audio files to a separate folder.

@andrewilley I will check the play count increment on autoadvance, thanks for the report. As for count in Info vs count in the list - list shows the last data snapshot for the time list opened, while Info popup always loads fresh data. Also, depending on category and sorting in the category, list may ignore updates to the data which the list is sorted/based on - to avoid constant refreshes and resortings (which may pop up the updated file on the top, so you never advance to the next ones).

@Someguyonline are you sure it's not mka? Poweramp doesn't even scan files with ".mkv". The only way mkv can get into Poweramp is opening it via external file manager on Android 10+ (no extensions exist this way and Poweramp accepts path like content://@media/external/file/1234 - so it's not clear what format is it from the path). In any way, please share that particular file right from Poweramp / select in the list / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com Thanks!

On 3/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, andrewilley said:

I created a new file with the Artist tag set to "Artist One ; Artist Two" and the Album Artist tag set to "Album Artist One ; Album Artist Two". A quick Rescan picked up the two Artist names fine, but oddly not the two Album Artist names - in fact the Album Artist details did not appear at all, either split or unsplit. Same result after I did a Full Rescan.

In the Artist category list, PA quickly auto-download an image for "Artist One" and "Artist Two", which seems to have been saved in the _com.maxmpz.audioplayer/artist_art folder as just "Artist One _ Artist Two.jpg", not as different "Artist One.jpg" and "Artist Two.jpg" files as I would have expected.

I then tried to manually choose an image for Artist One, which PA allowed me to do but did not then display the new image, still showing the same auto-downloaded image for both artist names. When I checked in the selected_artist folder, it had saved my newly chosen artwork under the expected "Artist One.jpg" filename. I then used a File Explorer to rename that newly saved file to  "Artist One _ Artist Two.jpg", at which point both the list picked up the same new image for both artist names.

So it seems that the problem is that both the auto-downloaded code and the Artist Category list are using the old-style unsplit tag name (which should now only be used when the 'Show Unspilt Combined Categories' mode is used) while the manual-download page is saving new artwork correctly using individual split names.

There also appears to be a separate issue of the new Album Artist tag not showing up at all, either split or unsplit.

Andre

I'm not currently using 899 (downgraded for now to 893 for the multiple tracks issue) but during my brief spell with it I noticed a similar problem, as the splitting (of Album Artists, at least) didn't seem to work as it should. Interestingly, I can see the reason for this even in 893 (which doesn't have the splitting option, of course): My multiple Album Artist tags are split by a semicolon, so e.g. I have Beatles, The; Lennon, John; McCartney, Paul; Harrison, George; Starr, Ringo [the idea being that the Beatles albums show up along with the solo albums from every member, so selecting Lennon, John would show his solo work and the Beatles albums; this works a charm in MusicBee]; the bold printed tag was copy/pasted from TagScanner. The semicolon option (without a gap) seems to be pretty standard, MP3Tag does it like that, MusicBee correctly splits them up accordingly.

Now here's the weird thing: When I copy the files onto my MP3 player (Fiio M9), using MusicBee, Poweramp (893) displays these Album Artists like this Beatles, The Lennon, John McCartney, Paul Harrison, George Starr, Ringo - yes the semicolon is removed! Small wonder the splitting doesn't work, with the splitting character being dropped! Apparently, this seems to be an issue with Poweramp - I'd considered an issue with the synchronising software (MusicBee) as well, but when I copy the files from the MP3 player back to my computer and analyse them with TagScanner, everything looks as it should.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

.... list shows the last data snapshot for the time list opened, while Info popup always loads fresh data....

When I took that screenshot, I first cleared the Most Played category so it contained no songs and all play counts should be zero.

Then I played just one song in Folders mode, and part-way through I used >> to move on to the next track and pressed Pause. So the count data for the first song should have been refreshed to '1' by that point, and PA was not generating any further playback updates.

I then went to Library > Most Played, which now showed just that one song as expected - but it had an associated play count of '3', even though it should have been '1'.

Long-pressed on that single song title selected 'Info/Tags' and the info page showed a play count of '4' (as per my screenshot) even though that too should have shown '1'.

Andre

47 minutes ago, suburbansky said:

yes the semicolon is removed! Small wonder the splitting doesn't work, with the splitting character being dropped! Apparently, this seems to be an issue with Poweramp - I'd considered an issue with the synchronising software (MusicBee) as well, but when I copy the files from the MP3 player back to my computer and analyse them with TagScanner, everything looks as it should.

I transfer my files direct to uSD from my PC. The separators ; and / are not dropped. And Poweramp finds and uses them as expected. Build 900 has fixed all of the initial splitting issues and works 100% as expected for my library now. For the record I have not enabled the Split option, so only the separated artists show in my list, for both Artists and Album Artists.

2 hours ago, suburbansky said:

e.g. I have Beatles, The; Lennon, John; McCartney, Paul; Harrison, George; Starr, Ringo ... The semicolon option (without a gap) seems to be pretty standard, MP3Tag does it like that, MusicBee correctly splits them up accordingly.

Poweramp (893) displays these Album Artists like this Beatles, The Lennon, John McCartney, Paul Harrison, George Starr, Ringo - yes the semicolon is removed! 

Poweramp 893 and earlier does not remove any text from Artist or Album Artist tags - other than for weird character set encoding reasons. It shows them exactly as they exist in the file. What file format are you using, and what tagging format?

If MP3 with ID3 tags, then it's possible that your tag processing software is not storing the full-length TPE1 and TPE2 tags (Artist and Album Artist) as a long piece of text along with the viewed semicolon spacers. It could be re-processing the 'split' entries to separate them with null-character separators, as per the ID3 v2.4 spec (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3).

Similarly, Vorbis tags (for FLAC/etc files) are designed to be able to utilise multiple ARTIST tags within one metadata block, each containing a separate artist name. This would show using "\\" separators in an MP3Tag editing window for example, but be encoded like this within the file:

+ [Vorbis comments with 8 entries]
  | Vendor =
  | - Tag 'vendor' (0 bytes)
  | 0)  Title = Beatles Track
  |     - Tag 'TITLE' (19 bytes)
  | 1)  Artist =  Beatles, The
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (21 bytes)
  | 2)  Artist =  Lennon, John
  | 3)  Artist =  McCartney, Paul
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (24 bytes)
  | 4)  Artist =  Harrison, George
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (25 bytes)
  | 5)  Artist =  Starr, Ringo
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (20 bytes)
  | 6)  Album = Beatles Album
  |     - Tag 'ALBUM' (19 bytes)
  | 7)  Albumartist = Beatles, The
  |     - Tag 'ALBUMARTIST' (24 bytes)

PA build 899/900 should read all of the multiple entries in these formats, and process them accordingly as individual artist names, but previously I think they would be concatenated (with comma separators?).

A sample file which exhibits the effect you describe might help?

Andre

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

are you sure it's not mka? Poweramp doesn't even scan files with ".mkv". The only way mkv can get into Poweramp is opening it via external file manager on Android 10+ (no extensions exist this way and Poweramp accepts path like content://@media/external/file/1234 - so it's not clear what format is it from the path). In any way, please share that particular file right from Poweramp / select in the list / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com Thanks!

I found out about this bug back in January. Even Andre could reproduce it. And it happens with every mkv file I have.

A sample file is this https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-test-files/raw/master/test_files/test5.mkv . I am again attaching a few screenshots.

IMG_20210318_071224.thumb.jpg.5c20f0902b5760009edeb2fad9f332a6.jpgIMG_20210318_071159.jpg.c9399c86ec4b70fc9b67e70ce2fd66ac.jpg

7 hours ago, Someguyonline said:

I found out about this bug back in January. Even Andre could reproduce it. And it happens with every mkv file I have.

I can confirm I still see the same in build 900 too. MKV container files are scanned into PA's database, and play fine as audio-only (which might be something that some people want, like MP4/etc, of course). However this happens whether the 'Ignore Video Tracks' option is enabled or not. A random test:

image.png

Andre

你好!

升级到900版本后,在使用蓝牙设备时候,按键提示音没有了!但是使用有线设备或者usb-dac的时候按键提示音就工作正常!请查一下是哪里有问题!

手机也重启了,蓝牙耳机耳塞也换了好几个,但是都没有按键提示音!之前899的版本就有。

谢谢!

[Google Translation]

Hello there!

After upgrading to version 900, when using a Bluetooth device, the button prompt sound is gone! But when using a wired device or usb-dac, the key tone will work normally! Please check where the problem is!

The phone restarted, and the Bluetooth headset earplugs were changed several times, but there was no key tone! The previous version of 899 has.

Thank you!

Edited by andrewilley
Added translation, as this is an English-language thread

24 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

Most played and recently played are not updating

They are if you manually advance the track any time after it has reached the chosen threshold value (default is 50%) but there's a minor glitch in build 889/900 which is stopping the count from correctly incrementing when a track auto-advances. Please read back about a page ago in this thread for discussion (starting at https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20879-poweramp-builds-899-900/?do=findComment&comment=95731 ).

Andre

On 3/18/2021 at 12:33 AM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp 893 and earlier does not remove any text from Artist or Album Artist tags - other than for weird character set encoding reasons. It shows them exactly as they exist in the file. What file format are you using, and what tagging format?

If MP3 with ID3 tags, then it's possible that your tag processing software is not storing the full-length TPE1 and TPE2 tags (Artist and Album Artist) as a long piece of text along with the viewed semicolon spacers. It could be re-processing the 'split' entries to separate them with null-character separators, as per the ID3 v2.4 spec (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3).

Similarly, Vorbis tags (for FLAC/etc files) are designed to be able to utilise multiple ARTIST tags within one metadata block, each containing a separate artist name. This would show using "\\" separators in an MP3Tag editing window for example, but be encoded like this within the file:

+ [Vorbis comments with 8 entries]
  | Vendor =
  | - Tag 'vendor' (0 bytes)
  | 0)  Title = Beatles Track
  |     - Tag 'TITLE' (19 bytes)
  | 1)  Artist =  Beatles, The
  | 2)  Artist =  Lennon, John
  | 3)  Artist =  McCartney, Paul
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (24 bytes)
  | 4)  Artist =  Harrison, George
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (25 bytes)
  | 5)  Artist =  Starr, Ringo
  |     - Tag 'ARTIST' (20 bytes)
  | 6)  Album = Beatles Album
  |     - Tag 'ALBUM' (19 bytes)
  | 7)  Albumartist = Beatles, The
  |     - Tag 'ALBUMARTIST' (24 bytes)

PA build 899/900 should read all of the multiple entries in these formats, and process them accordingly as individual artist names, but previously I think they would be concatenated (with comma separators?).

A sample file which exhibits the effect you describe might help?

Andre

Thanks for the answer, I'll look into it over the weekend! All I can say for now is that my MP3 files are all tagged in ID3 v2.3... maybe that's the issue? In the attached picture you can clearly see that the semicolon - which is visible in the folder name - is omitted in the tag... but as I said before, it's not actually gone - copying the file back to my computer shows that it's still there.Earle02.thumb.jpg.590dbdbe7acd51347fc47fef640184d9.jpgEarle01.thumb.jpg.66c6004a482bcbe7fd9dee2dc2d2f2fc.jpg

1 hour ago, suburbansky said:

In the attached picture you can clearly see that the semicolon - which is visible in the folder name - is omitted in the tag.

I still think we're going to find the files (as stored on your phone) may not actually contain real semicolons in their embedded tags, but possibly null separators? The semicolons that you highlight in your photo are part of folder names, which have nothing to do with metadata in files.

Please can you share one such file directly from Poweramp? Long-press on an affected song title in the PA library and select Send, then share it via a Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar account.

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The semicolons that you highlight in your photo are part of folder names, which have nothing to do with metadata in files.

I was thinking the same. Are you sure the actual tags have the ; and not just the file/folder names?

5 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley interesting, I can't get mkv file get scanned into the db, also it's not in the list of the supported extensions. Mka is. You can still open mkv in Poweramp via file managers.

Could it be possible that mkv files with certain audio codecs are only affected? In my case, the mkv file contains AAC, and in Andre's, MP3.

@Someguyonline mkvs not recognized by Poweramp scanner by design and thus never tested.

@maleck if you mean beep, tested - it works via BT.

@Bencherished they are not updated while being played. Also, when you open this list, it won't be constantly updated as well (it's a snapshot of the data at the time of the opening). New "Count As Played" option now also affects it - songs only counted as played after least 50% of the song is played - or as configured. Build 901 fixes the issue with the auto-advance and counting.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 901:

• support for the new Android Auto tabs UI
  • multiple tags are joined with ";" for mp4/m4a
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
  • translations updates

Just tested it, track counter bug has been fixed. Thanks for the new update 👍

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

I can't get mkv file get scanned into the db, also it's not in the list of the supported extensions.

It's definitely scanning MKVs for me.

I just did another test with build 901. I did a Full Rescan, with no video file present, then restarted PA. Then I copied a single MKV video file over from my PC into my test folder and did a normal Rescan in PA, and the video file appeared (for some reason PA thinks it's track #2, no idea why). I'll send you a log of the rescan process.

image.png

Andre

@Someguyonline ether this or it won’t work at all for many file types as Android 10+ has a bug with the mime (file) types passing from file managers (not passed for file formats not known to Android, such as .opus or .wv).

@andrewilley debugging shows that mkv is getting through for SAF scanning as Android gives them mime time */x-matroska. Two options exists now: I can disable those completely or I can optionally allow them (but they still will be hidden behind Ignore Video Tracks option).