Poweramp builds 899-905

maxmp

2 hours ago, nickcrizzle said:

Can't get 96khz at 24, but can get 384khz at 32.....

That would be as expected for Samsung devices. Their firmware locks the output bitrate to the frequency setting.

So settings of 96kHz and below use 16-bit, 192kHz and similar use 24-bit, and 384kHz and similar use 32-bit. 

Andre

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nickcrizzle said:

Surely I can root the device if the developer can't solve the issue right?  

Yes, you could root and install a non-Samsung ROM, that might change the situation. Or it might not, it very much depends on what the ROM author has implemented. Probably best to ask them first, as it would be a pretty major hassle just to find whether you can use 96kHz/24bit audio. Why not just save yourself the effort and use 192kHz/24bit, which is an exact scaling multiple and works automatically on Samsung firmware?

Andre

3 hours ago, nickcrizzle said:

That's the thing, nothing at 24 bit plays, no matter the sample rate. When I get into 32 bit territory, it comes back to life?!? 

Strange. The bit-rate is technically not what you are setting though, you are setting the output frequency and the bit-rate (on Samsungs anyway) will follow as described above. Try resetting the output options, using PA Settings > Audio > Output > Restore Defaults, and then go back in and choose Hi-Res output for your Wired Headset/AUX device. In that submenu, you should find that setting a frequency of 96kHz or less will result in 16-bit mode, 192kHz or less will give 24-bit, and higher rates will give 32-bit.

Also, your later screenshot shows DVC is disabled. I would suggest enabling it - which Restore Defaults will most likely do anyway.

This is on my Samsung A70 / Android 10 (so pretty much the same sort of device as yours):

image.png

image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, Nickcrizzle1 said:

this site wont remember my password and keeps locking me out.

Please use your site username, not your email address. If for some reason you specifically need to login using the email address let me know and I'll reset the password for you, which usually resolves the issue. Then I'll remove/merge your duplicate account.

Andre

1 hour ago, Nickcrizzle1 said:

it works fine at 396khz and 32 bit but try and make it use 24 bit and just silence

You could try AAudio output with 196kHz sample rate and float32 sample format.... Float32 sample format often results in 24bit output.

31 minutes ago, diguitar said:

does anyone know how to activate the black bar again? because when I go through the folders and lists it becomes transparent and that ends up getting in the way.

That is skinnable, but it doesn't seem to be controllable in the default skins.

$YAPS$ for example has a setting for it:

image.png

@maxmp wasn't that what Settings > Look and Feel > Skin> Transparent Navbars was meant to do? That kinda works with the Built-In Light skin, but doesn't seem to do much in Dark.

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@djdarko single track cues are not processed anymore, instead the source file tags are used, so if there is no artist/album artist tag you get unknown one.

OK, thanks for the reply. It was like that on Poweramp V2 right? I remember having to label the single files differently.

@djdarko Single-track CUEs did work under v3, but they caused some other issues, and as they are usually somewhat superfluous (just one file pointing to another file, for one track) the easiest way to fix that was to simply ignore them and read the (hopefully correct!) tag data from the actual audio file instead. Just need to make sure your single-song files are properly tagged.

Builds 895-899:

• replay gain support for CUEs
    Full Rescan required
  • CUEs with the only one track are ignored now
    Improves support for noncompliant EAC cuesheets with pregaps

Andre

11 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@djdarko the problem with the single track cues is often the wrong duration and other (eac related) issues causing the track being not visible to user at all. Also it brings unnecessary additional sub folder just for that one track.

OK, I hadn't noticed any issues myself, but I'll try to adapt to the new changes.

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@djdarko Single-track CUEs did work under v3, but they caused some other issues, and as they are usually somewhat pointless the easiest way to fix that was to simply ignore them and read the (hopefully correct!) tag data from the actual audio file instead.

Andre

They are a bit redundant, but I've gotten use to just clearing all tag data from the audio files and using the CUE for all of that. Having data tagged on the audio seemed to make no difference in V3 before those recent changes. I'll see about adding the data back to those single tracks.