Poweramp builds 899-905

maxmp

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Max🙏

After using it for a while I found two issues New rounded spectrum option for Eq screen is not working I can select all the given options but disable & classic only these two are working even if I set rounded it shows the old classic one on the eq screen. (I applied both light and dark built-in skins before testing)

2. Another problem is everytime I quit Poweramp & launch it again it trigger Full Rescan every single time, is this behaviour normal? 

I am asking this because it takes time to fully rescan the entire library 2500-3000 songs approximately

Device: Redmi note 4

Android 7 stock miui 11

Please note: I reinstalled Poweramp without importing settings & I realised visualisation bug on EQ screen only present in built-in white skin & it's working on dark skin

Full Rescan everytime is still there

Edited by Prosenjit

I would support this tidying up suggested by Andre. https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20813-organisation-of-items-in-output-menu/

Just another feature request, would be nice to change the default output method for unassigned devices. Disabling high-res output toggle just makes Poweramp fallback to normal OpenSL ES, I would like it to be AAudio or something else for my convenience. 😁

IMG_20210311_165238.jpg

Edited by Someguyonline

1 hour ago, Bencherished said:

What is Aaudio output? I selected it and it was good, but no sound after purse and resume, how does it compare to hi res output? 

AAudio is an audio API for android 8+ devices (on Poweramp it is available for android 10+ devices at the moment, tho). It was implemented as per this discussion. https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20113-output-feature-request-use-oboe-output-in-Poweramp/

And Hi-res, yay! 

IMG_20210311_165110.thumb.jpg.6210cea8c6ccbb6ee05e80303d12b2da.jpg

Edited by Someguyonline
Clarify

4 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

After using it for a while I found two issues New rounded spectrum option for Eq screen is not working I can select all the given options but disable & classic only these two are working even if I set rounded it shows the old classic one on the eq screen. (I applied both light and dark built-in skins before testing)

It works fine with some skins (i.e Liv Dark) and on some skins it doesn't (i.e Aurora). 

15 minutes ago, djdarko said:

There seems to be an issue introduced with the 899 update.

Using CUE files, in "Album Artist" the tracks are now repeated several times:

2071143001_CUEAlbumArtist.thumb.jpg.9220a4aef83503bebe302a6545d354c7.jpg

But on my end Parse CUE Files are disabled.

59 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

It works fine with some skins (i.e Liv Dark) and on some skins it doesn't (i.e Aurora). 

I am on Luminous Black... Might be skin-related as you stated... Hmmm... Will just wait for the update. I'm back at 893.

2 hours ago, Azul said:

But in the recently played list it counts them as played immediately

Yes, I agree, it does seem to be doing that.

In fact, the song doesn't need to even play at all. Just moving to a new song (using >> Next Track) while still paused causes the new track title to appear in the Recently Played index.

Andre

5 hours ago, Someguyonline said:

I know it work on Liv Dark & didn't work on luminous skin I'm talking about built-in Poweramp skin (Light) specifically have this issue

23 minutes ago, Prosenjit said:

I know it work on Liv Dark & didn't work on luminous skin I'm talking about built-in Poweramp skin (Light) specifically have this issue

Rounded bars visualisation on EQ works fine for me on both light and dark skin (built-in ones).

I still think it would be a good idea to whitelist the two known band names that include a forward-slash character - "AC/DC" and "+/-" - so those strings will never get split even if the user enables "/" as their Artist separator (something that was originally recommended in the official ID3 v2.3 spec for TPE1).

Andre

Hi

I've got scan set to Manual, but a scan is being performed every time I edit then save tag details. With 15,000 tracks it's taking some time to make changes. 

Your app is fabulous as always. 

Edited by Bigrich66

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I still think it would be a good idea to whitelist the two known band names

I support that, but I think it would be a good idea to let users add artist names to the whitelist themselves, rather than hardcoding them in PA. 

15 hours ago, invaderzim said:

I am on Luminous Black... Might be skin-related as you stated... Hmmm... Will just wait for the update. I'm back at 893.

Hmm, Luminous Black seems to be made by the same dev as Aurora. Is this something that skin devs control or it's a Poweramp bug? I would wait for some intel from @maxmp.

4 hours ago, GreyVonVanguard said:

Is AAudio's way better than OpenSl ES?

I am not sure what you mean by "better".

OpenSL ES is an audio API added way back in android 2.3 but it was significantly improved in android 4.3.

While AAudio is a pure native API designed for high performance applications (that require low latency). It was added in Android 8. It's great for high performance applications but for media players, it is almost the same as AudioTrack (as Max said).

The latter API allows Float32 output format and high sample rate (Hi-res) which OpenSL ES lacks in Poweramp.

7 hours ago, Someguyonline said:

I support that, but I think it would be a good idea to let users add artist names to the whitelist themselves, rather than hardcoding them in PA. 

Good idea. An enabled-by-default whitelist should be at least "AC/DC" and "+/-", but also allow users to edit or add their own to cover other situations too. For example they may want to use "&" as a general artist separator, but would like Poweramp to avoid splitting a few specific band identities such as "Earth, Wind & Fire", "Godley & Creme", or "Emerson, Lake & Palmer".

Andre