Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, maxmp said:

 I can disable those completely or I can optionally allow them (but they still will be hidden behind Ignore Video Tracks option).

I don't use them myself, but for the people who do ( @Someguyonline was the one who first reported it) I would assume that the best solution would be to still allow the scanner to find them - just like other video files, for those who want to listen to the audio content - but then respect the user's setting of the 'Ignore Video Tracks' option when determining whether to add them to the library database or not.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overall Play Count values still seem a bit erratic to me, although they do now increment on song auto-advance.

If I go into the 'Most Played' category and do <menu> Clear, then the list is completely emptied as expected - and presumably all song play counts should now be set to zero too. However if I then look at Info/Tags for some previously played song, it still shows the original play count.

e.g. After clearing the Play Count so there is nothing visible in Most Played, I still see songs like this:
image.png

And if I then listen to the song again, after playback it shows (as expected) as the only item in the 'Most Played' category - but its count has been created from the old pre-clear values, and the count doesn't match with the song's Info/Tags either.

e.g. the new list entry shows a count of 7, while Info/Tags shows 8:
image.png

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure anyone has mentioned, but the meta track count is wrong for albums in Artists category (in some instances). It appears to be albums with split songs. 

Artist shows the correct number of songs and time:

sketch-1616466646160.thumb.png.8b9b6533bf8a1229b0719e4d134e1864.png

Artist shows 9 songs but the only album shows 2 and time stamp is recalculated for two songs :

sketch-1616466708678.thumb.png.06fe1103502991baed8c73f0aed3408c.png

All 9 songs show up when you click on the album.

Screenshot_20210322-222015.thumb.png.4c6957b0c1d4e8b6c7efd902e3248f07.png

Edited by Absinthequ
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I would assume that the best solution would be to still allow the scanner to find them - just like other video files, for those who want to listen to the audio content - but then respect the user's setting of the 'Ignore Video Tracks' option when determining whether to add them to the library database or not.

I agree. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Not sure anyone has mentioned, but the meta track count is wrong for albums in Artists category (in some instances). It appears to be albums with split songs. 

Artist shows the correct number of songs and time:

sketch-1616466646160.thumb.png.8b9b6533bf8a1229b0719e4d134e1864.png

Artist shows 9 songs but the only album shows 2 and time stamp is recalculated for two songs :

sketch-1616466708678.thumb.png.06fe1103502991baed8c73f0aed3408c.png

All 9 songs show up when you click on the album.

Screenshot_20210322-222015.thumb.png.4c6957b0c1d4e8b6c7efd902e3248f07.png

How did you get that "e" (explicit) tag in the title. What tag app do you use? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorpion said:

How did you get that "e" (explicit) tag in the title. What tag app do you use? 

I've not tried it myself, but it's probably Unicode "Squared Latin Capital Letter E", code U+1F134:

🄴

Or perhaps better, the negative version instead, U+1F174:

🅴

See https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/block/U+1F100

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scorpion said:

How did you get that "e" (explicit) tag in the title. What tag app do you use? 

 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I've not tried it myself, but it's probably Unicode "Squared Latin Capital Letter E", code U+1F134:

🄴

Or perhaps better, the negative version instead, U+1F174:

🅴

See https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/block/U+1F100

Andre

Yeah just Unicode. If you can see it on your phone, it will usually work in Poweramp. I use several different ones for folder category organization because of the colours and they show up after the alphabet.

On my device, These work in folder/file names as well as tags :

☣ ☠ ✇ ⚠ ☀ ★♥♦ ♫ ✦ ❖ ❤ ➡️

These work in Tags only:
🎧  🎵 🎼 🐺 💀 💚 💛 💙 💿 📁 📂 🔥 🎬 📻  💽  📀 ☢️ ☣️ ⚠️ 🚫  ℹ️ ☘️ 📍 📌 ☑️ 🈁  ㊙️  ✉️  🗂️  💊  ☠️  📼

However your phone shows them on this page is exactly how Poweramp shows them.

There's a lot more, These are just some i tried and liked.

Folder Hierarchy:

Screenshot_20210323-055245.thumb.png.43a59c6816532281c811aa9f7e61ebd5.png

Edited by Absinthequ
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Absinthequ said:

 

Yeah just Unicode. If you can see it on your phone, it will usually work in Poweramp. I use several different ones for folder category organization because of the colours and they show up after the alphabet.

On my device, These work in folder/file names as well as tags :

☣ ☠ ✇ ⚠ ☀ ★♥♦ ♫ ✦ ❖ ❤ ➡️

These work in Tags only:
🎧  🎵 🎼 🐺 💀 💚 💛 💙 💿 📁 📂 🔥 🎬 📻  💽  📀 ☢️ ☣️ ⚠️ 🚫  ℹ️ ☘️ 📍 📌 ☑️ 🈁  ㊙️  ✉️  🗂️  💊  ☠️  📼

However your phone shows them on this page is exactly how Poweramp shows them.

There's a lot more, These are just some i tried and liked.

Folder Hierarchy:

Screenshot_20210323-055245.thumb.png.43a59c6816532281c811aa9f7e61ebd5.png

This trick really helped me a lot man ❤ actually I thought that there was no way I could tag songs with explicit icon, but now I'm really happy that there is a workaround for it. Thanks for the tips 👍

IMG_20210323_154943.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scorpion said:

This trick really helped me a lot man ❤ actually I thought that there was no way I could tag songs with explicit icon, but now I'm really happy that there is a workaround for it. Thanks for the tips 👍

IMG_20210323_154943.jpg

Awesome!  No problem! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

非常不好意思,又来打扰!

很感谢你上次的答复,关于蓝牙耳机没有按键提示音的问题。

这次又升级到了901,但是连上蓝牙设备,切换歌曲等操作依然没有提示音。

但是卸载后重新安装旧的883版本,蓝牙设备按键音就有了!但只要升级到899以上,连接蓝牙设备就没有按键音了。非常的奇怪,但有线设备却有。

我的设备是Samsung S20FE,现在的系统是基于安卓11的oneUI3.1。

不知道到底是什么原因?同一个设备同一个系统,蓝牙耳机安装883就有按键提示音,899以及以上版本就没有按键音了!

麻烦能不能查查到底是什么原因?非常感谢!

 

[Admin] Google Translation, as this is an English-language forum:

I'm very sorry, let's bother again!

Thank you very much for your last reply, regarding the problem that there is no key tone for Bluetooth headsets.

This time I upgraded to 901, but there is still no beep when I connect to a Bluetooth device, switch songs and other operations.

But after uninstalling and reinstalling the old 883 version, the bluetooth device button tone will be there! But as long as it is upgraded to above 899, there will be no key tone when connected to a Bluetooth device. Very strange, but wired devices do.

My device is Samsung S20FE, and the current system is oneUI3.1 based on Android 11.

I don't know what the reason is? The same device and the same system, the Bluetooth headset installed 883 will have a key tone, and 899 and above versions will have no key tone!

Can you find out what is the reason for the trouble? thank you very much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, maleck said:

This time I upgraded to 901, but there is still no beep when I connect to a Bluetooth device, switch songs and other operations.

There is an option for this in Poweramp Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Beep. I normally have mine turned off, just as I turn off annoying keyboard clicks too.

However in the current PA builds, for me neither setting seems to trigger a button-event beep with Bluetooth - although it behaves as expected for wired headsets. 

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There is an option for this in Poweramp Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Beep.

However in the current PA builds, for me too neither setting seems to trigged a button-event beep with Bluetooth - although it behaves as expected for wired headsets. 

Andre

非常感谢你的答复!

我知道这个设置选项,我已经开启了,但是在蓝牙设备上依旧没有按键提示音。

@maxmp 我有一个发现,经过好几轮测试,发现PA899以后的版本跟三星的系统有什么冲突,造成只有在三星的手机上安装899以及之后的版本,连接蓝牙设备后没有按键提示音!已经专门测试过三台三星手机,包括安卓9、安卓10、安卓11的系统,都是同样的问题!安卓899之前的版本连接蓝牙设备都有按键提示音,但是只要升级到899之后的版本连接蓝牙提示音就没有了,在设置里开启或者关闭都没有按键提示音!但连接有线设备就会有按键提示音。

不知道你是否能在三星的设备上测试一下,看看到底是跟三星系统有什么冲突造成这个问题的?

真的非常感谢!

Edited by maleck
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maleck said:

I know this setting option, I have turned it on, but there is still no key tone on the Bluetooth device

Yes, as I said before, I do see the same as you with recent Poweramp builds (also using Samsung by the way, but I doubt that makes a difference). I can't say how long it has been happening for though, as I find it a rather irritating feature and thus always have it turned off.

Second

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, thatsourabh said:

Will Poweramp popping up for every file type be changed or is it to accomodate scanning for mkvs? It is quite annoying to see it pop up for totally unrelated files. I hope it is reverted.

Max answered this a few posts back (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20879-poweramp-builds-899-901/?do=findComment&comment=95981). I don't think it's directly related to the library MKV scanning issue, it's a problem where some file types are not being interpreted/recognised correctly by Android 10+. From what he said, the original configuration would not allow PA to launch certain valid file types which Android doesn't recognise - such as .opus and .wv files. So the choice is between (1) PA being listed for all file types, or (2) PA not working to launch some valid music files.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Max answered this a few posts back. I don't think it's directly related to the library MKV scanning issue, it's a problem where some file types are not being interpreted/recognised correctly by Android 10+. From what he said, the original configuration would not allow PA to launch certain valid file types which Android doesn't recognise - such as .opus and .wv files. So the choice is between (1) PA being listed for all file types, or (2) PA not working to launch some valid music files.

Andre

And I presume this cannot be put behind an option. Quite a bummer. I hope some kind of fix is found. Thanks for the clarification.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@andrewilley the beep is there. Try playing some song and pause via bluetooth button. If it beeps for that (but doesn't for the initial resume), it's a bluetooth latency issue where the beep is "eaten" due to the latency. Some combinations of Android+bt seems to fail to beep, investigating into that.

Edit: on Samsung Android 11 the bluetooth event is now absolutely the same as the lock screen button event (and we don't want Poweramp to beep for lockscreen). Not sure why Samsung uses Android 2.x approach for the lock screen widget, but I hope it can be still detected and the beep functionality will be fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 6:03 PM, maxmp said:

Build 901:

  • support for the new Android Auto tabs UI

Hi, Max! Thanks for the update. Would you please clarify, what this may mean? How should we test it?

Might it have something to do with that 'Skip n-seconds' button for long tracks you have in the TODO list?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ghosty said:

Might it have something to do with that 'Skip n-seconds' button for long tracks you have in the TODO list?

Skip +/- 10 seconds for long tracks was implemented a couple of years ago. It's nothing to do with Android Auto though, it's a main PA interface option in Settings > Library > '-10/+10s Rewind Pro Buttons'. You can also define the minimum duration of songs that should be considered "long" for this feature.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Skip +/- 10 seconds for long tracks was implemented a couple of years ago

I know that, thanks. What I mean is a 'skip +/- N seconds' button for long tracks in the Android Auto UI, which is a completely different thing. When we switch to Android Auto, we are still left without this possibility to skip, especially if it is not supported at the 'hardware' level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp builds 899-905
  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp builds 899-903

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...