Poweramp builds 899-905

maxmp

1 hour ago, ScarletNeko said:

Mostly our of curiosity as my hi-res output works fine tho it can only go up to 24bit when it should theoretically go up to 32...

Most phones don't really process to that 32 bit depth. It's pretty much useless on phones. More information: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20261-direct-hd-vs-direct-hd-10/?do=findComment&comment=91754

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

Most phones don't really process to that 32 bit depth. It's pretty much useless on phones.

Mostly useful for high bit depths when using USB out to DACs. Or if the phone or DAC supports true hi-res processing to the headphone output.

Well i do agree 32bit is kinda overkill for listening only, but if it's capable of then why not... My phone is basically a media player for me, don't really use it for anything else, so I don't have problems if things like power consumption or hardware usage increases. My phone is an LG G7, i have it for a few years already and in the past I've already did so many tests and unnecessary comparisons between the native audio player that supposedly can do 32bit and Poweramp that is fixed on 24 that i already gone past that phase. But i do remember that the native player has something to it that it's kinda hard to explain when using 32bit files, but the native player is far too inconvenient for me to use and my collection of 32bit files is still too small for me to bother with it

Would be nice to have a fp32 option for hi-res tho

Also for other LG G7 users, had you noticed a drop on output power after updating to android 10? I get like 40% of the power i had before on Android 9 now and it's system wide, not only a Poweramp thing. It does struggle a bit now to run my headphones

I’m on a LG G8 now, had a G6 and a G7 before though. I also have a digital audio player, iBasso DX160. Poweramp sounds best on both devices with headphones or external audio. I haven’t noticed a drop with the G8 even after the Android 10 update. But I don’t use much processing or equalization so maybe that had some influence?

It happens regardless, it was the very first thing I noticed when I connected my headphones for the first time after the update. I don't use any equalizers or effects, apart from Poweramp Equalizer, but this one is disabled for the Poweramp audio player itself. And again, it happens system wide, all apps, all things. This didn't happened when I went from Android 8 to 9, even tho Android 9 was very buggy to me. Before on volume 12/75 things were already to the loud side, now I reach up to 40/75 sometimes and it is still kinda quiet. The quality is still very good, just the volume that changed. It's almost like the Quad Dac is not sending the requested power even with it being active

So about the new "multiartist" function:

1.Apps combine artists from vorbis tags into one

2.The spliting "albumartist" in the menu does not work. The first tag is shown, the second is ignored.

3.In the menu / album artists / * artist * / * album * / Duplicating tracks or none at all

4. If "album artist" is one, then the traks are duplicated, if more tracks are missing

5. Tracks with a split symbol are duplicated

zQBnaGQ.jpg

Edited by Xaphan

@Xaphan Re: the duplicated track display issue, please see existing thread: 

Re: (1) Vorbis tags. Yes, PA reads multiple individual ARTIST tags separately, and it shows them for track display purposes separated by a semicolon. That's noted in the changelog for build 899.

Andre

5 minutes ago, ReeceS269 said:

The Count As Played option doesn't seem to work for me. I've set it at 0% and 1% but the count under the info/tags option never seems to change.

Also have issue with Count As Played. In my case the count decreases by 1 each time a song is played. Only when set to 0% does the count correctly increase.

7 hours ago, ReeceS269 said:

The Count As Played option doesn't seem to work for me. I've set it at 0% and 1% but the count under the info/tags option never seems to change.

7 hours ago, cees said:

Also have issue with Count As Played. In my case the count decreases by 1 each time a song is played.

I've just done some tests and it seems to be working for me, although sometimes the Info/Tags number doesn't seem to increment until I leave and return to the track.

Please make sure that any testing is not done from the Most Played category (or any other list that is sorted by Play Count) as the play count is not updated in those modes, as doing so could alter the currently playing schedule in unexpected ways:

image.png

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've just done some tests and it seems to be working for me, although sometimes the Info/Tags number doesn't seem to increment until I leave and return to the track.

Please make sure that any testing is not done from the Most Played category (or any other list that is sorted by Play Count) as the play count is not updated in those modes, as doing so could alter the currently playing schedule in unexpected ways:

image.png

Andre

I'm doing it through the album and it's not changing for me.

Edited by ReeceS269

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

image.png

Andre

Happens when playing from Queue (no shuffle) and not sorted by play count. I've also noticed this happens when the current song plays to completion and moves to the next song, if I start another song before the current song completion the increment then shows  correctly. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:32 AM, maestro30k said:

this latest build also seem to very unstable. Menu seem to very sluggish, the app often freezes and doesn't respond when I select something like recently played although it might because it is doing a rescan.

I am seeing frequent freezes also after this new upgrade. 

The player will play a couple of songs and then just freeze. 

It seems like when I start the app it starts a full scan. Scanning folders starts and the player responds as usual while the count is going, I can pause, skip to the next song/album etc, but when the count finishes, and "scanning library" comes up, no controls in the player do anything. Waiting about 5-10 minutes will straighten things out. Then the app seems to work find until I restart my phone and then a rescan happens again.

I have disabled the "Initial Scan" option for the time being

I'm tempted to uninstall and rollback to 893. Would I be able to restore settings from a previous backup ?

Edited by richg0404
Adding more information

18 minutes ago, richg0404 said:

I'm tempted to uninstall and rollback to 893. Would I be able to restore settings from a previous backup ?

Yes, you can restore saved settings. Don't forget to backup any internally created playlists too.

Andre

3 hours ago, cees said:

Happens when playing from Queue (no shuffle) and not sorted by play count. I've also noticed this happens when the current song plays to completion and moves to the next song, if I start another song before the current song completion the increment then shows  correctly. 

You are absolutely right if the song plays in full, not count as play

29 minutes ago, Azul said:

You are absolutely right if the song plays in full, not count as play

I've just tested that too, and I see the same issue. I picked a song that had a Play Count of 1 and let it play all the way through to the end in Folders mode (sorted by path). Once PA had moved on to the next track in the folder, the Play Count of my test track had decreased to 0.

Andre

On 13/03/2021 at 12:19, Someguyonline said:

A saída de áudio AA atualmente é compatível com alta resolução apenas em telefones baseados em Samsung e MTK. Em outros dispositivos, é semelhante à saída OpenSL ES / AudioTrack (sem alta resolução), embora alta resolução possa funcionar com dispositivos Bluetooth.

Is this AA output compatible with OnePlus phones? And another question, is the high resolution output compatible with OnePlus phones? I have Oneplus 7T PRO snapdragon 855 plus. But I already had Redmi Note 8 Pro with MTK and on that device the sound seemed stronger, full-bodied!

1 hour ago, wljumper said:

Is this AA output compatible with OnePlus phones? And another question, is the high resolution output compatible with OnePlus phones?

Yes, Poweramp currently supports AAudio output on any devices running on Android 10 and up. As for Hi-res on AAudio on OnePluses, I am not sure. You can try setting the sample rate to 192kHz and sample format to Float32. Support for more devices may be added in future, but that's a question for Max. 

IMG_20210315_212045.thumb.jpg.4e3ff766b9cc197b158d0827180375cd.jpgIMG_20210315_212028.thumb.jpg.64e6a41d98a17ac849dfabe05f5fbe49.jpg

16 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

Sim, Poweramp atualmente suporta saída AAudio em qualquer dispositivo rodando Android 10 e superior. Quanto a alta resolução no AAudio no OnePluses, não tenho certeza. Você pode tentar definir a taxa de amostragem em 192kHz e o formato de amostragem em Float32. Suporte para mais dispositivos podem ser adicionados no futuro, mas isso é uma questão para Max. 

IMG_20210315_212045.thumb.jpg.4e3ff766b9cc197b158d0827180375cd.jpgIMG_20210315_212028.thumb.jpg.64e6a41d98a17ac849dfabe05f5fbe49.jpg

I understood! Many thanks for the reply! Float32 is ok! But 192 KHz doesn't seem like my device doesn't support it yet

Screenshot_20210315-131444_compress82.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-131438_compress38.jpg

@ReeceS269 Could this be a permissions issue of some kind? Sounds odd anyway. Try doing a Settings > Library > FULL Rescan and see if all of your songs are picked up correctly into the library database.

[Edit] Just a silly question, but you haven't accidentally activated the 'One Song' mode using the Repeat icon in the player screen have you?

Andre 

On Build -899-arm64-play(899004-6b777921) full Version 64 bit

Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 11

Luminous Black skin

When navigating by Album Artist, the UI seems to be counting the number of songs by the Album Artist and repeating them by that number of times. I don't see the bug when looking at the same by Artist (not Album Artist). In this example, I have a total of 4 songs by the Album Artist Moody Blues. The UI lists each song 4 times. If I navigate to Moody Blues under Artist, there is no bug

thumbnail_Screenshot_20210315-144302_Poweramp.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20210315-144257_Poweramp.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20210315-144251_Poweramp.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20210315-144247_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by Calgary Doug

Dear Sirs,

Help!  This new 899 version fails on both my Samsung S10 phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.  It locks up, or plays a different song than the one shown on the screen, and repeatedly fails and locks up when I use my bluetooth headphones.  The best it can seem to do is play a few songs, before I have to either reboot or do a force stop on the app.  I have tried to reinstall the latest version from the google play store, and I keep getting the same errors.  Can you please send me instructions to how I can rollback to the 893 version I loved.  I wanna love the 899 version, but it's not working for me.  Please, it's my favorite app, I need my music, help me get my 893 back.  Thanks in Advance,  Paul R.

32 minutes ago, prubinstein said:

Can you please send me instructions to how I can rollback to the 893 version I loved. 

Just uninstall 899 completely, and re-install Poweramp from the Play Store. Please remember to export any internal playlists before you do, as anything saved in PA's internal database will be cleared when you uninstall. You will also lose any ratings and play counts (all of these can also be backed up using third party app New Playlist Manager).

Before you re-install 893 though, I would suggest giving 899 another try as a completely clean install first (and clear app data just to be sure). If that doesn't work, you can always uninstall again and install 893.

What version of Android are you using, is it a recent Android 11 update? 

Andre