Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

3 hours ago, vicmmitar said:

Testing in xiaomi mi4 with ROM Resurrection Remix v6 Android 8.1.
All good at the moment

;)

I seriously doubt everything works in RR 8.1, cuz I use Redmi note 4 and was on LineageOS 15 and hi res was not working,If u enable OpenSL ES HD output it shows it's active but actually it's not ,use terminal and type :

su 

dumpsys media.audio_flinger

And if in the output there is no where pcm_24(not in standby)  hal is used then it means it's not working..

It works well in LineageOS 14.1 ,so I reverted back to Android 7.1.2 until the things get stable.

Cheers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, kima09 said:

This 790 build is so good. I have no problem using as a daily driver. OpenES SL HD works fine. No problem with lockscreen playback (with or without enabling Android Lockscreen, blur lockscreen or not).

But I have some suggestions

1. Next/Previous button or an option to go back to 0:00 without swiping the progress bar is highly recommended. Small <> symbol (size of pause button) will not hurt the visual candyness.

2. An option to go back to Main Player by swiping up from mini player will likely make the player more intuitive and smoother.

Anyway, thanks to @maxmp for his hard work and dedication. 

2 minutes ago, kima09 said:

But I have some suggestions

1. Next/Previous button or an option to go back to 0:00 without swiping the progress bar is highly recommended. Small <> symbol (size of pause button) will not hurt the visual candyness.

2. An option to go back to Main Player by swiping up from mini player will likely make the player more intuitive and smoother.

Anyway, thanks to @maxmp for his hard work and dedication. 

+1

17 hours ago, Crericper said:

The new UI looks amazing with smooth animation and gestures!! And with new OpenSL ES HD Hi-Res output! However the audio lags sometimes after I adjusted the sampling rate to 192khz (same thing happened when ≥128khz but fine when ≤96khz). I also tried to increase the buffer size and it didn't turn out any better. 

P.s. The music lags about every 30-60 seconds. It is not very noticeable but still you can be distracted especially when the surroundings are quiet. 

Try disabling Float32. It gave me similar lags on OnePlus 5.

Old User Story: First used Poweramp on my first Android phone several years ago, and I simply could never find something better. I don't have an audiophile grade hardware, never even had a phone with a good dac, but the sound difference aways was absolutely noticeable. And after beta with new audio engine, not only everything went to another level but I could also do minor adjustments to make everything sound as best as possible without a decent dac. Poweramp was never dead to me, I don't regret all my waiting to see this.

Actual build: I've been using this version since 10 hours after it came out and in fact, everything works fine (except the mentioned earlier like the listing and lock screen and et cetera), I could even use it as an everyday app because it's working fine. Some crash here or there can even happen but nothing annoying. Really liked the new UI, and the folder listing thumbnail methods are amazing, but kinda would like the buttons to go back or next. Also a bit of transparency in the audio info that keeps floating over the album art would be appreciated.

Bug info: Didn't found any new bug despite of what was already said by Max on the first note (there's the equalization that doesn't save out sets, I don't really remember if it was mentioned on the first post, sorry | cue sheet splitted files don't show, also can't be played by external action like file explorers, app crashes. Someone already mentioned it here) and as I said, I'm using it as the everyday player that Poweramp always was without a problem even on this preview version.

I trust on you Max, keep Poweramp up

Sent from a Motorola Moto Z Play (2016) with Android 7.1.2 OTAfsdzDIC.jpg

20 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

In the SETTINGS - AUDIO - OUTPUT - OpenSL ES HD maybe you have FLOAT32 enabled?

Had the problem with the volume and it was because the FLOAT32 was enabled.

Set FLOAT32 to disabled and the sound should have power again.

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't change anything.

The situation is as follows - on Redmi 5 Plus there is access to folders, but there is no hierarchy, the notification is not displayed in the blind, hi-res sound output is supported, Android 7.1.2. On the Oneplus 5 when accessing folders, the player crashes with an error, Android 8.1 full drain.

Screenshot_2018-05-02-09-43-55-486_com.miui.home.png

13 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

The situation is as follows - on Redmi 5 Plus there is access to folders, but there is no hierarchy, the notification is not displayed in the blind, hi-res sound output is supported, Android 7.1.2. On the Oneplus 5 when accessing folders, the player crashes with an error, Android 8.1 full drain.

Hierarchy is a List Options feature, so should be added back into next release. On the OnePlus 5, have you tried doing a clean uninstall/reinstall to see if that solves the crash problem?

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Tap on the Dot (or Star if you are following a thread) to the left of the thread title in the threads list. That will take you to your first unread post.

Andre

I feel 1. stupid because I haven't figured this out myself and 2. happy because this option already exists.

#NeverStopLearning

Thanks, @andrewilley.

7 hours ago, grakov said:

-  Black theme don't work as black, maked screenshots.

- when tap on the back button, it's close the player. It works, but please add function of double tapping to exit. It will be more comfortable if, for example, I want to go back to main screen of the player by tapping back button, after making settings of equalizer.

Themes are not yet implemented for the player screens, as stated in original post. The Back issue has been reported.

Andre

2 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I would rather have Prev on left & Next on right like normal.

I have to agree... I haven't installed the test version, but looking at all the screenshots, there really needs to be a next & previous icon. Especially on the lock screen widget. I use that ALL the time.

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Hierarchy is a List Options feature, so should be added back into next release. On the OnePlus 5, have you tried doing a clean uninstall/reinstall to see if that solves the crash problem?

Andre

No, reinstalling to clean does not solve the problem. Perhaps, if the library, widgets, saving settings are corrected, then it is quite possible to use.

8 hours ago, grakov said:

- when tap on the back button, it's close the player. It works, but please add function of double tapping to exit. It will be more comfortable if, for example, I want to go back to main screen of the player by tapping back button, after making settings of equalizer.

This is not the case on my Xiaomi Mi 5S running on Android 8.1, LineageOS 15.1. The back button works just like it did in the previous versions of Poweramp.

Have you tried a 'clean install' of Poweramp? Some fuzzy behaviors have been solved by other users just by doing that.

Archived