Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If  people can't be bothered to read the first post in the thread (as advised even in the thread title!) what are you doing taking the risk of installing beta software on your device?

Andre

I understand, I didn't meant to rant. I was just trying to give feedback to the dev. 

And yeah for the library, sorry I overlooked it. 

It was mentioned in first post. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, andrewilley said:

Personally, I completely agree. If I have any song files on my phone for which I would ever want to press a "Thumbs Down" button, I would just delete them.

A five star rating system is far more compatible with general music use (not to mention current installations) and it has better granularity rather than just "Like/Dislike". Zero stars just means not rated yet, not necessarily a "dislike" per se.

The buttons remind Facebook :)

13 minutes ago, loop said:

ok that's cool but how do I back up the alpha version? I'm not rooted

Not sure of the best way, I'm rooted (and I assume most software testers probably are) so I use Titanium Backup. You could try backing up the data folder (/ Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer) manually, but not sure how reliable that would be. Or see https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/ for other suggestions.

Andre

I think the most important functions which have to be implemented as soon as possible, are the .cue files support and the folders browsing and sorting. Otherwise everything for now seems to be secondary. But without .cue files support, half of my music library can't be listened to.

27 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I suggest you read the first post in this thread, the post that you downloaded this beta app from. Lockscreen functionality is not yet supported.

Andre

Sorry sir I was so excited that I skipped your instructions before installation. Now I have read it properly. ?  

7 hours ago, dumahim said:

Anyone else think Hi-Res is messed up?
HTC 10.  Turn on Hi-Res and the volume drops significantly.  Ok, turn it up.  Now I'm about 2 notches from max volume to get the volume I had before at about half.  Problem is, it's distorting way easier than it did before.  Before Oreo with Alpha, it could stand up to uncomfortable levels of volume without breaking a sweat.  Now?  Some songs are distorting at a normal volume, not even loud.  

I reset the EQ to stock to make sure it wasn't that and tweaked it slightly.  Mostly flat near 0 EQ across the board with bass and treble at 63% and 73%.  I think bass before was about 75% and worked fine.  I also found the volume jumped too much so I switched from stock 16 to 30.  Even with 30 increments, it seems like too big of a jump.  Turn the volume down and under 40% is there, but you can't tell what it is and about 34% is mute.  76% is a comfortable level and 79% (one notch) is good for rocking out to a good song.  Before beta, I could get a good kick out of my headphones and when connected to my car stereo, I could rattle mirrors.  Hi-Res and beta?  Forget it.

In the SETTINGS - AUDIO - OUTPUT - OpenSL ES HD maybe you have FLOAT32 enabled?

Had the problem with the volume and it was because the FLOAT32 was enabled.

Set FLOAT32 to disabled and the sound should have power again.

I am enjoying Poweramp super music player so much. ?

Thank you Developers ? for this grand release. 

Now the problem currently I'm facing is that visualization is not changing automatically, checked with every settings nothing worked. 

And second problem is that song/album Name background color is looking very odd as you can see in the screen shot below. It should be same as color of visualization name.

Please fix it in the next release. 

Thank you  

Screenshot_20180501-153424.png

Hi does anyone find at later stage PA3 become really laggy in operations such as: open settings, swipe next/prev, open library, etc? This laggy doesn't affect sound playing. The only fix for this laggy is remove PA from recent task list.

Also another found bug, it seems sometimes played song and player UI is out of sync

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-08-45.thumb.png.becba737ac3c675fff5c93daa68e4de0.png

Player UI and notification is out of sync, played song is from notification one

54 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

In the SETTINGS - AUDIO - OUTPUT - OpenSL ES HD maybe you have FLOAT32 enabled?

Had the problem with the volume and it was because the FLOAT32 was enabled.

Set FLOAT32 to disabled and the sound should have power again.

What's the difference between them? And which is better? Enable or disable? 

Thx

13 minutes ago, naehyun said:

Widget on my home screen won't open the app.

Please tell me how can i fix it.....

You'll need to wait for a more feature-complete release. As said in the OP, some stuff is not working yet. Thanks for the report though.

Andre

The new UI looks amazing with smooth animation and gestures!! And with new OpenSL ES HD Hi-Res output! However the audio lags sometimes after I adjusted the sampling rate to 192khz (same thing happened when ≥128khz but fine when ≤96khz). I also tried to increase the buffer size and it didn't turn out any better. 

P.s. The music lags about every 30-60 seconds. It is not very noticeable but still you can be distracted especially when the surroundings are quiet. 

Screenshot_2018-05-01-20-59-33-756_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-00-07-903_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-10-38-005_com.android.settings.png

3 minutes ago, Ibrahimbo101 said:

Is it possible to have steps on the eq? Like +1 +2 +3..... making a specific present is abit hard without knowing the values we pick, Thanks in advanced

Yes, it would be really handy if Max could just add a bit of code to put some text inside the slider thumb-controls. Just the +/- dB value, which would update on the fly as you moved the slider control up and down. Probably tidier to leave the space empty when that slider is currently flat, rather than showing a value of 0dB.

This is actually something that has been requested by a lot of users for many years now, and building a completely new user interface makes this the perfect time to address this kind of fairly trivial to add item.

Andre

1 minute ago, Crericper said:

The new UI looks amazing with smooth animation and gestures!! And with new OpenSL ES HD Hi-Res output! However the audio lags sometimes after I adjusted the sampling rate to 192khz (same thing happened when ≥128khz but fine when ≤96khz). I also tried to increase the buffer size and it didn't turn out any better. 

P.s. The music lags about every 30-60 seconds. It is not very noticeable but still you can be distracted especially when the surroundings are quiet. 

Screenshot_2018-05-01-20-59-33-756_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-00-07-903_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-10-38-005_com.android.settings.png

For me on Zenfone 3 552KL, I get short clicks. They annoy but I quickly forget them because still enjoying the different sound signature. :D

Just now, quirK said:

For me on Zenfone 3 552KL, I get short clicks. They annoy but I quickly forget them because still enjoying the different sound signature. :D

I bet you should try to max the buffer. The click happens usually when there isn't enough bandwidth or single core performance. Adding more buffer should solve the problem. 

Archived