Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

52 minutes ago, SatriaPerdana said:

What's the difference between them? And which is better? Enable or disable? 

Thx

This OPTION is only selectable if you use the OpenSL ES HD as OUTPUT.

I can not tell you what is better, everyone has his own opinion.

Do you have the possibility to choose HI RES DIRECT HARDWARE OUTPUT?

If so, try the output.

I personally prefer this one.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Crericper said:

I bet you should try to max the buffer. The click happens usually when there isn't enough bandwidth or single core performance. Adding more buffer should solve the problem. 

Tried already, still clicks. Need the option to raise process priority if it isn't already at the level below real-time. 

35 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, it would be really handy if Max could just add a bit of code to put some text inside the slider thumb-controls. Just the +/- dB value, which would update on the fly as you moved the slider control up and down. Probably tidier to leave the space empty when that slider is currently flat, rather than showing a value of 0dB.

This is actually something that has been requested by a lot of users for many years now, and building a completely new user interface makes this the perfect time to address this kind of fairly trivial to add item.

Andre

If you tap on the eq scale up or below the button .. it will change by a finite position resembling a level... However it would be great if a ticker is implemented inside the button

5 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

If you tap on the eq scale up or below the button .. it will change by a finite position resembling a level... 

Yes, and that's also the best way to return a slider to the exact flat position.

Andre

On my LG V20, the OpenSL ES HD and Hi-res output options only work if you set the sample rate at 96khz or above.

Also, I think there should be an option like "same as source (if possible)" for the sample rate option if you don't want any resampling to be done.

Player notification not working properly

See attachment for more details

No pause play next album art in notification

My device :

Remi note 4 (Snapdragon 625)

Android  : 7.0

Using weekly custom rom by Xiaomi.eu

Rom v8.4.19

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-39-19-487_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

@maxmp

Thanks for the update, been waiting for this and as usual you didn't disappoint, well worth the wait! I've been using Poweramp since 2011 and as most of us in this forum I still do. 

I just have one question, maybe someone here knows better - I use HTC U11 with Usonic earphones or with HTCs 3.5mm-USB C adapter (adapter has it's DAC integrated) and none of them seem to be supported on Poweramp hi - res output settings, even though the U11 seems to be HI-RES capable :o Is it missing in Poweramp as it's still incomplete (yes, i know it's a preview build) or am I missing something? Hi-res output was probably the most awaited feature of them all so I'm kinda bummed it doesn't work for me :(

EDIT 

Nevermind, I'm just dumb :D found a way to enable it, now it works flawlessly. Thanks Max! You the best, keem them good features coming, we're all looking forward! 

By the way, am I the only one who can't even think about switching to iOS because the loss of Poweramp would be too much to cope with? :D

the current version is completely unusable for me, crashes every five seconds and can't click half of the library lists and other options, i guess I'll wait for a more stable version

Ok. Working smooth ob my second device Nexus 5 nougat!

Hres output and all fine.

The gestures and the interface are amazing!

Forme is pretty stable. I only just need .cue function working again!

Next step. Testing on my Nexus 7 nougat!

26 minutes ago, rxuan said:

The poweramp790 version is not available on the car, and it's always unparsed, isn't it compatible with android 4.4?

The dev said that version 3 is only for android 5 and above

This beta 790 I happily inform so far so good with my LG V20 H915 Android 7.0. Minor bugs only on Playlist, no playlist listed hence no song can be added to there. 

Unfortunately i don't know how to logcat, if somebody would help teaching me how to then i will gladly provide one.

Love the new UI though.. Very much thanks and appreciate your hard work Max !

After a day of use, I concluded - this version is absolutely not suitable for listening to music. It's just a mock-up, nothing more. How it was possible to break all the functional. Friends, I do not understand your delight - two years and such an epic feil. This is a failure.

1 hour ago, loop said:

the current version is completely unusable for me, crashes every five seconds and can't click half of the library lists and other options, i guess I'll wait for a more stable version

Have you tried the advice in the first post regarding your crash issues? And the rest of the library lists should be restored in the next beta release. 

Andre

46 minutes ago, EJDEko said:

This beta 790 I happily inform so far so good with my LG V20 H915 Android 7.0. Minor bugs only on Playlist, no playlist listed hence no song can be added to there. 

Unfortunately i don't know how to logcat, if somebody would help teaching me how to then i will gladly provide one.

Love the new UI though.. Very much thanks and appreciate your hard work Max !

I found this I don't know if this works but you can try

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-capture-logcat-for-detailed-bug-reports-0167774/

1 hour ago, eddie_the_man said:

Does not work for me. Crashes. Can not even start. 

Oh well.. 

Using android 8.0 on xz1 compact

Did you uninstall the older version before installing the new update ?

Just uninstall and reinstall the new beta or you could just clear data of the newly installed beta 

9 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

After a day of use, I concluded - this version is absolutely not suitable for listening to music.

Which bit of "NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage" was unclear?

I seem to recall putting up with months upon months of constant complaining from you (and some likely clone accounts) saying why doesn't Max release what he's got so far, it doesn't need every last little thing to work. Well you got your wish, and of course you're still not happy. The missing Library/etc functions will be integrated again soon - hopefully within a few weeks to a month, not multiple years this time - at which point the beta will be suitable for more general daily use rather than just interface testing. 

Andre

20 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

After a day of use, I concluded - this version is absolutely not suitable for listening to music. It's just a mock-up, nothing more. How it was possible to break all the functional. Friends, I do not understand your delight - two years and such an epic feil. This is a failure.

It plays my music. Good enough for me.

Archived