Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

26 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

After a day of use, I concluded - this version is absolutely not suitable for listening to music. It's just a mock-up, nothing more. How it was possible to break all the functional. Friends, I do not understand your delight - two years and such an epic feil. This is a failure.

Stfu dude...so much negativity for a half finished product...Been seeing your posts for months now...Live and let live (delete this post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a good reason to post  here something ?

I hope that in beta full - will be folder hierarchy.

Now with folder one by one - it not usable - please add hierarchy back.

Awesome. Looks really great. It was worth waiting the time. 

One thing I don't understand yet... (Folder view) How to swipe to the next Album if there are Titles left in the current Folder? It's only possible for me to Switch to the next title. Or is this not implemented yet? 

Thanks, Robin

So OpenGL HD works on nougat 7.0 not just 8.0? Sounds nice! Can anyone confirm? I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus MetroPCS variant...not sure if hi res is actually working or not it shows in the info button output it sampling and decoding at that, but since I don't have "Audio Wizard" I'm not sure. Anyway it does seem to sound better than before on OpenGL HD and hires(if that is actually outputting hires on my device) nonethe less aside from the already mentioned sometimes force closing issues lower volume output on hires and no next track or previous track buttons currently present in the player UI plus no artist function delete queue or playlist options working in this beta. I'm pleased! I would like though integrated lyrics support in the player like media monkey has. But this player sounds the best! 

8 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

Playing and what? How to select files from the library, if everything is broken?

All Songs, Folders, and Album views all work. Should be plenty to test normal playback with. Other stuff like Artists, Genres, Playlists, and the other more esoteric lists will be returning soon, as you know.

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

All Songs, Folders, and Album views all work. Should be plenty to test normal playback with. Other stuff like Artists, Genres, Playlists, and the other more esoteric lists will be returning soon, as you know.

Andre

Any direct info from you or max as to my post would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! @Andre @maxmp

5 minutes ago, 7OH said:

I hope that in beta full - will be folder hierarchy.

Yes, there's no reason to think drill-down folder hierarchy won't be back with the rest of the List Options.

5 minutes ago, Spider1996 said:

One thing I don't understand yet... (Folder view) How to swipe to the next Album if there are Titles left in the current Folder? It's only possible for me to Switch to the next title. Or is this not implemented yet? 

I can't find it either, but I'm assuming there will be a way to do it at some point though.

We could really do with a setting to display a few straight-forward functional control buttons, instead of so much "foolish wand-waving or silly incantations" (as Professor Snape rather aptly put it in the first Harry Potter book, which now always makes me think of Google's overall Material Design philosophy :) ).

Andre

6 minutes ago, misterjboogie said:

Any direct info from you or max as to my post would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Which post? I can't see any post from you on the subject you just quoted (category list views).

Andre

So OpenGL HD works on nougat 7.0 not just 8.0? Sounds nice! Can anyone confirm? I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus MetroPCS variant...not sure if hi res is actually working or not it shows in the info button output it sampling and decoding at that, but since I don't have "Audio Wizard" I'm not sure. Anyway it does seem to sound better than before on OpenGL HD and hires(if that is actually outputting hires on my device) nonethe less aside from the already mentioned sometimes force closing issues lower volume output on hires and no next track or previous track buttons currently present in the player UI plus no artist function delete queue or playlist options working in this beta. I'm pleased! I would like though integrated lyrics support in the player like media monkey has. But this player sounds the best! 

Two up @Andre

3 hours ago, Sam Sensei said:

Player notification not working properly

See attachment for more details

No pause play next album art in notification

My device :

Remi note 4 (Snapdragon 625)

Android  : 7.0

Using weekly custom rom by Xiaomi.eu

Rom v8.4.19

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-39-19-487_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Hi can u check if we activate hi res output..we get distorted sound at higer bass?

On 30.4.2018 at 0:12 PM, andrewilley said:

Actually, although I'm a self-confessed button-control fan, I really like the new graphical seekbar. It's very pretty, very intuitive to use, and so much easier to make small movements within larger files.

A couple of things I'd change though:

1. Displaying overlay items (time/pause/etc) in the middle of the bar area seems a bit odd. The intuitive thing to do with a both-ways scrollbar is to grab it in the middle, which doesn't work when the overlays are there. Far better to have the current time shown in the lower left, the end time in lower right, and the play/pause (and hopefully some other control icons!) along the bottom too, between the two times. That would leave the scroll bar area completely clutter free and simpler to use, albeit perhaps a little less tall on the screen (but it's already pretty huge, so no real loss there).
  2. I would like to be able to swipe to the start or end of a song in one go. At the moment, it doesn't matter how far along the bar you initially place your finger to start the swipe, you can still only move about 3/4 of the way through a song in the first swipe (whatever its length) and need to swipe again to get to the start/finish. Just needs the movement logic tweaking a bit.

Andre

Agreed. 

Next and previous list buttons were so awesome and unique, they need to come back.

Apart from that I love the new update.

22 minutes ago, Bluehacks said:

Hi can u check if we activate hi res output..we get distorted sound at higer bass?

I can't check it because i use wireless headphones and hi-res doesn't have a option for Bluetooth headset

4 hours ago, Sam Sensei said:

Player notification not working properly

See attachment for more details

No pause play next album art in notification

My device :

Remi note 4 (Snapdragon 625)

Android  : 7.0

Using weekly custom rom by Xiaomi.eu

Rom v8.4.19

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-39-19-487_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

@maxmp please tell it's a bug which will be fixed later or this is missing in build 790

Here are the bugs I encountered on my HTC U Ultra with stock 7.0:

-When you click queue and then hit back button, the app crashes. 

-Hi Res output sometimes gives 323 ms latency and works very well. But sometimes it gives 1628 ms latency and crashes after a few song changes. I still couldn't figure out what makes it change the latency amount. 

-OpenSL ES HD Output seems to work very well but the dsp latency and output latency are the same, which I think means that it doesn't output 24bit 192kHz audio. 

-Sometimes it doesn't show the current playing song on the playing bar, and when I click on the playing bar, it starts the song that is shown on the playing bar instead of returning to now playing screen. 

-Even after I stop the song and remove the app from recents, it still scrobbles the last song playing to the Last fm official app. 

I think the app seems to run very well when I don't use the Experimental Hi-Res Output and can be used as the daily music player.

Great work on this Beta, Max. Hope you continue to bring new, better and more amazing features to the app. Still the best player on Android. 

Screenshot_20180502-025109.png

Screenshot_20180502-025146.png

Just now, Sam Sensei said:

@maxmp please tell it's a bug which will be fixed later or this is missing in build 790

Actually it's the problem with MiUI. Their methods of displaying notifications is different from the stock android. That's the main reason. I'm also facing this in my dad's Redmi 4.

The only problem with my older Poweramp was the notifications not working in Android 8 and 8.1 on my OnePlus 5T. Now with the new update I am more then happy. 

Suggestion : Move the x button to corner in notification card. 

Screenshot_20180501-222757_1_82.jpg

@andrewilley, @clever_man,

Can you please implement an option in the forum to go to the 'first unread post' in a thread (just like in the xda developers forum)? Without this option I find it difficult to keep up with everything, especially when there are a lot of posts per day.

@maxmp

Can you please change the way of resetting a track to 0:00 from a long press (like it is now) into a regular/short press on elapsed time (as it used to be in the older versions)? #PlayerUI

44 minutes ago, Siddharth Jadav said:

Actually it's the problem with MiUI. Their methods of displaying notifications is different from the stock android. That's the main reason. I'm also facing this in my dad's Redmi 4.

Thanks for telling me this :)

Archived