Jump to content
Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dantedakilla said:

Ya'll are lucky this isn't XDA. Half of you would have been banned for constantly begging for the release and ETA.

 

I wish that rule was applied on this forum as well but alas... This isn't a mega forum for a bunch of devs.

 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Believe me, it has occurred to me with a few users who have contributed nothing else useful to these forums except whinges, insults, or ETA demands. I have previously put temporary content moderation status onto some of the worst offenders' accounts.

Andre

People have right to complain, on xda when a dev states he will release something at a specific date he will deliver, only in very rare circumstances it may  take longer. I'm sorry but max is not keeping his word, If I didn't love Poweramp I wouldn't even bother to comment here. Keep it up max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Believe me, it has occurred to me with a few users who have contributed nothing else useful to these forums except whinges, insults, or ETA demands. I have previously put temporary content moderation status onto some of the worst offenders' accounts.

Andre

I am amazed at your endless patience. I wish I had your patience.

Thank you for your efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin-316 said:

People have right to complain, 

Actually, I think you'll find they don't. These are private forums, there is no automatic right to do anything.

That said, I let most stuff through - until it gets to personal insults against other people or offensive behaviour.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Actually, I think you'll find they don't. These are private forums, there is no automatic right to do anything.

That said, I let most stuff through - until it gets to personal insults against other people or offensive behaviour.

Andre

It will be better if u announce the date of release..only 6 days left  of this month..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30th April you'll see that this post title will change to May and so it will continue till Max becomes dictator of Russia killing Putin with TSAR bomba.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This forum is getting heated up !! 

Max, kindly find out time to address the platform. The Update has extended indefinitely.

:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Daviz00 said:

This forum is getting heated up !! 

Max, kindly find out time to address the platform. The Update has extended indefinitely.

:mellow:

You must be new here.

 

59e8e5c5975d96aeeb37f6433487d95c.jpg.e96d268954b18edd1641bbb3811f4a15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dipanjan maity said:

It will be better if u announce the date of release..only 6 days left  of this month..

His mentioned multiple times that he doesn't know and it's up to Max when to release it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, technoviking10 said:

His mentioned multiple times that he doesn't know and it's up to Max when to release it

How does not he know? How many times specific deadlines were called and there were always excuses. What can you write there, if all the leading players on the market have everything you need. In the end, you need to respect the users, you can not do this.
You can not, say that the project is closed and nothing will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most probably everyone in this forum will kill andre and drink his blood if max doesn't bring the update in 6 days. Poor Andre. He has been suffering for a long time now.

One thing that i have learnt from this forum is to drop all expectations about ETA. 

Cheers max for Poweramp. And andre for support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thamjeed said:

Most probably everyone in this forum will kill andre and drink his blood if max doesn't bring the update in 6 days. Poor Andre. He has been suffering for a long time now.

One thing that i have learnt from this forum is to drop all expectations about ETA. 

Cheers max for Poweramp. And andre for support.

It just brings Max and it's not really beautiful. To Andre there are no complaints, he is a decent man and acts as circumstances allow him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I'm just expecting to enter the forum someday and read +200 messages of people commenting about the release, but not in April. Hoping May... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

How does not he know? How many times specific deadlines were called and there were always excuses. What can you write there, if all the leading players on the market have everything you need. In the end, you need to respect the users, you can not do this.
You can not, say that the project is closed and nothing will happen.

A specific deadline is something like 1.4.201x............not just stuff like April 201x.

If a dev (etc.) gives out just a month it usually means that he does not certainly can say when exactly it will be ready and has so (usually) enough leeway if it may take a few days longer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...so the update? Is it rude of me to ask? I've waited a long time for this update. Maybe it's time for me to look for another player. Got introduced to spotify, though it barely has the kind of music I listen to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, April is not over yet.

Probably he plans to release it at the earlierst in April.

So, realistic would be end of May or June - if we're lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the bashing towards an unreleased piece of software that is a free upgrade is uncalled for. All you've bought was Poweramp 2.x, any upgrades are a bonus. And if anyone complains about "hi res" support, the player you purchased didn't had it anyways.

Although I'm also waiting of it to be released I've moved to another player, so either do as I did or just wait untill "beta" release, no point in "complaining".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all i say is it be cross platform os compatible as in Oreo and nougat.  all else works fine as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kado said:

All the bashing towards an unreleased piece of software that is a free upgrade is uncalled for. All you've bought was Poweramp 2.x, any upgrades are a bonus. And if anyone complains about "hi res" support, the player you purchased didn't had it anyways.

Although I'm also waiting of it to be released I've moved to another player, so either do as I did or just wait untill "beta" release, no point in "complaining".

Bro which player u r using? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haber creo que esto se esta descontrolando.. sobretodo algunos comentarios que no aportan nada al hilo sobran, algunos de ellos creo que son hasta motivo de baneo, criticar es facil y gratuito y mas cuando se hace totalmente desde el desconocimiento absoluto, no se sabe con que problemas se estará encontrando el desarrollador, creo que no deberiamos exigir tanto, porque si cae la actualizacion que creo que caerá pues bien, ya se dijo que llegaría y sin pasar por caja o sea gratis, deberiamos dar animos y ayudar en el hilo y no criticar sin saber lo que puede estar pasando con el desarrollo de la app, creo que Max no nos debe nada, pagamos en su dia por una aplicación que a todos nos ha ido y nos va muy bien, no seria la primera que por mil razones se queda desactualizada o obsoleta y creo que este no es el caso, pues a mi me sigue trabajando muy bien en  Android 8 y con hardware de última generación, dicho esto pienso, animo y agradezco todo el esfuerzo y trabajo que hay detras de este reproductor de audio y que por cierto es muy bueno, el desarrollador nos comento dias atras que habria nueva beta con cambios nuevos y que la COMPARTIRIA con todos, pues a esperar que el quiera y pueda, como he dicho el no nos debe nada y por eso creo que algunos comentarios sobran y si tanta prisa hay pues buscaros la vida vosotros mismos, lo que llegue si llega pues Gracias MaX por COMPARTIRLO..pues eso que haya buen rollo y todo irá mejor y volviendo al tema del hilo que deberia ser de lo que se tratara..a los que tienen problemas con Android 8.0 y no 8.1 que esta última no es stable, probar con una instalación limpia desde cero de apk y ajustes de configuración y al ser posible borrar dalvik cache por el tema de los datos almacenados de java y demás que solo se borran por medio de esto, quizas eso ayude, se que entre todos si nos ponemos a ello podríamos mas solucionar y COMPARTIR que criticar (que esto último no aporta nada) ánimos y Un Saludo. 

Google Translation:  (Andre thanks for editing it with the translation)


I think that this is getting out of control ... especially some comments that do not add anything to the thread, some of them I think are banned, criticize is easy and free and more when it is done totally from the absolute ignorance, you do not know with what problems the developer will be finding, I think we should not demand so much, because if the update falls that I think it will fall well, it was already said that it would arrive and without going through the box or for free, we should give encouragement and help in the thread and not criticize without knowing what may be happening with the development of the app, I think that Max does not owe us anything, we paid in his day for an application that has gone well for all of us, it would not be the first a thousand reasons is outdated or obsolete and I think this is not the case,Well, I still work very well on Android 8 and with latest generation hardware, that said I think, encourage and appreciate all the effort and work behind this audio player and that by the way is very good, the developer told us days ago there would be new beta with new changes and that SHARE with everyone, then to hope that he wants and can, as I said he does not owe us anything and that is why I think some comments are too much and if there is so much hurry then look for your life yourselves, what comes if it comes then Thank you MaX for SHARING ... Well, that's a good thing and everything will be better and going back to the thread that should be what it was .. .. to those who have problems with Android 8.0 and no 8.1 that the latter is not stable,try with a clean installation from scratch of apk and configuration settings and as it is possible to delete dalvik cache by the subject of the stored data of java and others that are only deleted by means of this, maybe that will help, I know that among all of us if we we put to it we could more solve and SHARE than criticize (that this last one does not contribute anything) encouragement and a greeting. 

Edited by Franc1sc0
English Language Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's make to 100th page ??

Moved to Retro for a while. But won't buy as Already Poweramp is in the Pocket. 

 

Believing in MAX for sure. 25th april & Still Counting. 

☮️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pg_Pi3Gey said:

Let's make to 100th page ??

Moved to Retro for a while. But won't buy as Already Poweramp is in the Pocket. 

 

Believing in MAX for sure. 25th april & Still Counting. 

☮️

That is going to make Max hurry!!  (read it in a carcastic tone).

TBH I just hope he release it as he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pg_Pi3Gey said:

Let's make to 100th page ??

Moved to Retro for a while. But won't buy as Already Poweramp is in the Pocket. 

 

Believing in MAX for sure. 25th april & Still Counting. 

☮️

I just tried out retro,didn't stay on my device for very long,you can really notice PA is way superior,as for the update I'm patiently waiting,but I'm happy with it now on my note8 with oreo even though I don't have hires at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×