Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Page 100, maybe Max was waiting for this milestone all along he was waiting for the loading screen to reach 100, 1% of Max actually giving new information, 5% people telling everyone to shut the hell up and wait just like they have been doing, and 94% of people losing their minds for two years

看来这个月是没有希望了。

购买之后用了几周,然后就因为迟迟没有更新,新的安卓版本不能使用。

Google Translaton:

It seems that there is no hope this month.

It took a few weeks after purchase, and then the new Android version could not be used because it was not updated.

7 hours ago, pauldamo said:

I just tried out retro, did not stay on my device for very long, you can really notice PA is way over, as for the update I'm patiently waiting, but I'm happy with it now on my note8 with oreo even though I do not have hires at the moment.

The only Reason I kept Coming back to the forum is due to this reason only. Poweramp started having issue with OREO Notifications (ik, there's a fix. But don't wanna use 2app for one thing) so need to try out a alternative. Other app like Neutron, Winamp etc. etc. UI is like Ages OLD, And Material Design is what I wanted for now. Though Viper4Android is Performing brilliant for now (alone,  when using Poweramp I tweak both. The app & v4a equaliser)

Let it be. Im happy to see atleast a glance & hope of using Poweramp later.

☮️

hey guys, i know it's two years of broken promises and that Max's word may seem to you worthless, but remember it's just a music player, no need to be angry. Just try sex while waiting, on real life I mean, not xvideos

So, forgive my pessimistic attitude, but I sign between 8 to 12 NDAs a year for testing software. Poweramp is the only Alpha that I have ever see will little to no in the way of progress reports from the developer. 

Andre, you have been a Saint while managing this thread. 

On 21/04/2018 at 2:52 PM, clever_man said:

@andrewilley, tommorow yesterday Max answered to me that he plans release beta in the April but some features (like a dark skin or a horisontal layout) he will complete in the May after beta release.

Will be more than happy just to use PA v3 ? 

On White UI too. 

2 hours ago, peeshow said:

hey guys, i know it's two years of broken promises and that Max's word may seem to you worthless, but remember it's just a music player, no need to be angry. Just try sex while waiting, on real life I mean, not xvideos

Wow:ph34r:

Готов поспорить на свой дом, что в апреле ничего не выйдет, а дату снова перенесут.

Google Translation: I'm ready to argue with my house that nothing will come out in April, but the date will be transferred again.

1 hour ago, dipanjan maity said:

U hv taken about 2yrs ....was this not enough time to make a stable music player?

No, obviously it wasn't. And it's actually closer to four years since the whole v3 development project started; two years is just the user-interface phase.

Andre

I just woke up from a bizarre dream where among many other things, the new Poweramp was actually released. It was delivered in a personalized mini envelope (the Valentines Day card kind) attached to my fridge by a pink and red heart-shaped magnet. Poweramp itself was contained within an SD card inside the envelope. Everybody around me was excited and in disbelief that it was actually released.

I hopped out of bed and quickly came here hoping it might be some kind of sign lol.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

No, obviously it wasn't. And it's actually closer to four years since the whole v3 development project started; two years is just the user-interface phase.

Andre

Andre,

How do you think, is it really PA v3 beta will come this month ?

I've been a Poweramp user since the earliest version, and its my most recommended app. I've also been going right along with the 100 pages of comments for the last few years, but never commented myself. On 5 different phones, PA has always worked well. The few times it was buggy, I also discovered other apps that were creating problems. The main desires that were most important to me in a new version were high-res output and better retrieval of album art.

But, most importantly, PA has been my most used and most ENJOYED app. Think of the countless hours of music listening to rid my life of the other negative cares of this world.

Thanks to Max for creating the best music player app there is. Look forward to the next version, whenever it is ready for us to enjoy. 

and Thank you, Andre, for the forum and putting up with all the foolishness. 

1 hour ago, Fstop said:

I've been a Poweramp user since the earliest version, and its my most recommended app. I've also been going right along with the 100 pages of comments for the last few years, but never commented myself. On 5 different phones, PA has always worked well. The few times it was buggy, I also discovered other apps that were creating problems. The main desires that were most important to me in a new version were high-res output and better retrieval of album art.

But, most importantly, PA has been my most used and most ENJOYED app. Think of the countless hours of music listening to rid my life of the other negative cares of this world.

Thanks to Max for creating the best music player app there is. Look forward to the next version, whenever it is ready for us to enjoy. 

and Thank you, Andre, for the forum and putting up with all the foolishness. 

@Fstop

Cheers!

Very much second that!

Best regards!

2 hours ago, musiclover said:

Actually you would need a fortune teller for that, not the moderator ...

All I can say is that is the last thing that Max said, and there are still five days left of April. I wish I knew more, but I'm afraid I honestly know just as much as you guys. Hopefully this time will be the charm?

Andre

I think the problem is much deaf, there is not only a lack of knowledge here, but probably something related to copyrights, I just can not understand what prevents the beta version from being released? And maybe nothing at all?

Just as a "side" question.

Is Russia still blocking a few million ips (in their failed try to block telegram) or have they cooled that down.

Only read last week that stuff like amazon, google etc. was hit by that......so could that (if they still spread that block so wide) may block an upload to here (or google play) in the worst case?

Archived