Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

USB Audio Pro looks cool but dang it's $7!!!  They don't have a free version.  dang.  i wanted to try it.

Translation: There is a free trial. From the page of the play store where the application appears, you go to the bottom where it says visit website there is an option for free trial that lasts two hours. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, misterjboogie said:

will the new beta though include true lyrics support that's one thing I'm missing that media monkey has? 

Everything stated so far about the next beta is that it will not include any new Feature Requests at all, unless those happen to occur as part of the new interface rewrite. It will contain compatibility fixes for newer high-res devices, and fixes for the current Oreo issues though.

Andre

18 minutes ago, musiclover said:

@andrewilley

This thread is already a mess and I do not really see any point in continuing it.

I completely understand what you are saying, but if this thread was closed a dozen more asking the same questions and then bickering about the answers would pop up. At least this keeps it all in one place. To watch for new release builds only, subscribe (Follow) the relevant Download area, http://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-alpha-test-builds-of-poweramp-v3/ . 

Andre

Nice app by the way, using for the last 3 years, from where or how can I try latest beta version?

Own Note8 F variant with 8.0.0 oreo version.

For now I have latest beta version from play store with nice settings to gain a better sound.

Looking forward for any positive advice, thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Drugoli said:

If it's the color of the buttons you're referring too, I'm fairly sure you can just change them in the settings: Settings --> Look and Feel --> Status bar/Notification --> Notification Colors.
At least I can in the newest released alpha version.

Yeah, but once you change the song from the notification thingy, it goes back to square one (aka blank). So, unfortunately your suggestion doesn't fix it on Android 8.1.

30 minutes ago, LucianGL said:

Nice app by the way, using for the last 3 years, from where or how can I try latest beta version?

Own Note8 F variant with 8.0.0 oreo version.

For now I have latest beta version from play store with nice settings to gain a better sound.

Looking forward for any positive advice, thanks in advance.

Opss sorry, latest beta isn't available yet, only from play store is the latest beta if you're join beta program

Hi guys, I have problems with latest alpha (and also with the other previous builds). Album art management is a real mess, other players are able to find the right album art, while Poweramp doesn't and sets a random album art for my folders.. I think that an option should be there to have "no album arts", while the song picture should be kept (the search for the song picture works pretty well).. So basically i have my folders without and album art and my songs with the picture that Poweramp discovered.. I hope to see this implemented!

Also, the statusbar notification is bugged, sometimes it shows no buttons, sometimes it does, depending on the song.. I tried setting it to auto, black, white but still haven't managed to fix it!

Oneplus 5 Oreo 8.1.0

21 minutes ago, peppe02 said:

Hi guys, I have problems with latest alpha (and also with the other previous builds). Album art management is a real mess, other players are able to find the right album art, while Poweramp doesn't and sets a random album art for my folders.. I think that an option should be there to have "no album arts", while the song picture should be kept (the search for the song picture works pretty well).. So basically i have my folders without and album art and my songs with the picture that Poweramp discovered.. I hope to see this implemented!

Also, the statusbar notification is bugged, sometimes it shows no buttons, sometimes it does, depending on the song.. I tried setting it to auto, black, white but still haven't managed to fix it!

Oneplus 5 Oreo 8.1.0

I use automatag and Poweramp together to make things wayyy easier, I suggest you guys do the same until the new version is available

2 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I will use MusicBee. It does everything a music player for Windows needs and more, and keeps the tags just right with album art, even for scrobbling to last fm.

I use musicbee too, best player for windows i could found, i am using it since winamp has fallen

8 hours ago, hadi_rena said:

Opss sorry, latest beta isn't available yet, only from play store is the latest beta if you're join beta program

I have and use last beta 3 from play store, was asking about others beta who are not on play store

55 minutes ago, LucianGL said:

I have and use last beta 3 from play store, was asking about others beta who are not on play store

Please just read the first post in the thread before posting, like the title asks you to... 704 is the latest alpha build so far, and it can be downloaded from the Downloads tab at the top of the page.

Andre

On 15.4.2018 at 7:49 PM, Catman51 said:

In 2 years I could've built a rocket, gone to the moon and came back.

Thing is, u didn't, did ya? Max has built a music player already, how close are u to the moon?

52 minutes ago, JJ Singh said:

That was just a figure of speech... believe me 2+ yrs is just too much... 

I will believe in you if you can build it yourself. 2 years is a very long time but if this isn't Max's main source of income he will still need to work. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Fist said:

I will believe in you if you can build it yourself. 2 years is a very long time but if this isn't Max's main source of income he will still need to work. 

U know.. This world still exists because of people like u... Fingers crossed till the last of this month.. ??

2 hours ago, Avatar1972 said:

is there anyway to backup my Poweramp settings including eq presets to restore them after re-installation?

Settings > Export Settings.

Then copy the resulting file to the same location on your new Android installation and once you've installed the app use Settings > Import Settings.

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Everything stated so far about the next beta is that it will not include any new Feature Requests at all, unless those happen to occur as part of the new interface rewrite. It will contain compatibility fixes for newer high-res devices, and fixes for the current Oreo issues though.

Andre

Ok thank you for the clarification!

Archived