Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

USB Audio Pro looks cool but dang it's $7!!!  They don't have a free version.  dang.  i wanted to try it.

USBAP to me sounds better than power amp. And with the recent major update very easy to work and look gorgeous. If you can try it. 

5 hours ago, Icarus said:

guys that usb is pure trash, Poweramp crushes it in any version. trial is worthless and so would the full version be.

And why is that? UAPP has network support (including SMB and shoutcast), parametric equalizer (in-app purchase), bit perfect direct audio output including DSD output (bypassing Android audio mixer), subscription audio support (tidal, google, etc), real support for internal and external dacs with custom driver.

Thanks to UAPP I now enjoy music without any equalization and a proper USB dac (smsl idea).

You don't know what you're talking about.

wow, so it took 4 years to develop a UI update that no one asked for?

And the one most requested feature DLNA/chromecast is moved to version 4? circa 2022 I guess, and yes expect chrome cast api to change by that time...

edit: my apologies 4 year is an understatement since there is nothing released yet.

12 minutes ago, kalix said:

wow, so it took 4 years to develop a UI update that no one asked for?

And the one most requested feature DLNA/chromecast is moved to version 4? circa 2022 I guess, and yes expect chrome cast api to change by that time...

edit: my apologies 4 year is an understatement since there is nothing released yet.

You seem to be a little different from everyone 's meaning of 'nobody '.

@andrewilley

This thread is already a mess and I do not really see any point in continuing it. There are people angry because of the delays, other ones that either angry to the angry ones or trying to calm them down, some are laughing at the delays or trying to guess the dates with meaningless posts and some even discussing other options (UAPP etc.)

I suggest you lock the thread and reopen it once you or another member is contacted by Max with an update. I use the thread following feature (notification of replies) and any update is emailed to me so I will know immediately when  there is some action. Others could do so, too. I'm really sorry that this thread is now more that one year old.

12 hours ago, dvvmvp said:

@maxmp

It's absolutely ridiculous that so much time had passed and the notification problem in Android 8.1 still hasn't been addressed (the 3rd party fix doesn't count). Screw the new interface (although it looks very 2020). I just want the current version to work properly. This (see the attached picture) is disrespectful.

If it's the color of the buttons you're referring too, I'm fairly sure you can just change them in the settings: Settings --> Look and Feel --> Status bar/Notification --> Notification Colors.
At least I can in the newest released alpha version.

6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

USB Audio Pro looks cool but dang it's $7!!!  They don't have a free version.  dang.  i wanted to try it.

Translation: There is a free trial. From the page of the play store where the application appears, you go to the bottom where it says visit website there is an option for free trial that lasts two hours. 

Edited by andrewilley
Please post in English in these forums

6 hours ago, misterjboogie said:

will the new beta though include true lyrics support that's one thing I'm missing that media monkey has? 

Everything stated so far about the next beta is that it will not include any new Feature Requests at all, unless those happen to occur as part of the new interface rewrite. It will contain compatibility fixes for newer high-res devices, and fixes for the current Oreo issues though.

Andre

18 minutes ago, musiclover said:

@andrewilley

This thread is already a mess and I do not really see any point in continuing it.

I completely understand what you are saying, but if this thread was closed a dozen more asking the same questions and then bickering about the answers would pop up. At least this keeps it all in one place. To watch for new release builds only, subscribe (Follow) the relevant Download area, http://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-alpha-test-builds-of-poweramp-v3/ . 

Andre

Nice app by the way, using for the last 3 years, from where or how can I try latest beta version?

Own Note8 F variant with 8.0.0 oreo version.

For now I have latest beta version from play store with nice settings to gain a better sound.

Looking forward for any positive advice, thanks in advance.

Hallelujah! The miracle has happened! The looooong wait is over. The new beta release is finally out. Just kidding, unfortunately... 

1 hour ago, Drugoli said:

If it's the color of the buttons you're referring too, I'm fairly sure you can just change them in the settings: Settings --> Look and Feel --> Status bar/Notification --> Notification Colors.
At least I can in the newest released alpha version.

Yeah, but once you change the song from the notification thingy, it goes back to square one (aka blank). So, unfortunately your suggestion doesn't fix it on Android 8.1.

30 minutes ago, LucianGL said:

Nice app by the way, using for the last 3 years, from where or how can I try latest beta version?

Own Note8 F variant with 8.0.0 oreo version.

For now I have latest beta version from play store with nice settings to gain a better sound.

Looking forward for any positive advice, thanks in advance.

Opss sorry, latest beta isn't available yet, only from play store is the latest beta if you're join beta program

Hi guys, I have problems with latest alpha (and also with the other previous builds). Album art management is a real mess, other players are able to find the right album art, while Poweramp doesn't and sets a random album art for my folders.. I think that an option should be there to have "no album arts", while the song picture should be kept (the search for the song picture works pretty well).. So basically i have my folders without and album art and my songs with the picture that Poweramp discovered.. I hope to see this implemented!

Also, the statusbar notification is bugged, sometimes it shows no buttons, sometimes it does, depending on the song.. I tried setting it to auto, black, white but still haven't managed to fix it!

Oneplus 5 Oreo 8.1.0

21 minutes ago, peppe02 said:

Hi guys, I have problems with latest alpha (and also with the other previous builds). Album art management is a real mess, other players are able to find the right album art, while Poweramp doesn't and sets a random album art for my folders.. I think that an option should be there to have "no album arts", while the song picture should be kept (the search for the song picture works pretty well).. So basically i have my folders without and album art and my songs with the picture that Poweramp discovered.. I hope to see this implemented!

Also, the statusbar notification is bugged, sometimes it shows no buttons, sometimes it does, depending on the song.. I tried setting it to auto, black, white but still haven't managed to fix it!

Oneplus 5 Oreo 8.1.0

I use automatag and Poweramp together to make things wayyy easier, I suggest you guys do the same until the new version is available

2 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I will use MusicBee. It does everything a music player for Windows needs and more, and keeps the tags just right with album art, even for scrobbling to last fm.

I use musicbee too, best player for windows i could found, i am using it since winamp has fallen

LOL!. Gotta love it when some new user comes in...doenst read any of the previous posts (or use search)  and says...hey having this issue, hey this dont work...when there is 95 pages dating back 2yrs+ of the exact same posts.

Just lock the whole forum board at this point. LOL!

8 hours ago, hadi_rena said:

Opss sorry, latest beta isn't available yet, only from play store is the latest beta if you're join beta program

I have and use last beta 3 from play store, was asking about others beta who are not on play store

55 minutes ago, LucianGL said:

I have and use last beta 3 from play store, was asking about others beta who are not on play store

Please just read the first post in the thread before posting, like the title asks you to... 704 is the latest alpha build so far, and it can be downloaded from the Downloads tab at the top of the page.

Andre

On 15.4.2018 at 7:49 PM, Catman51 said:

In 2 years I could've built a rocket, gone to the moon and came back.

Thing is, u didn't, did ya? Max has built a music player already, how close are u to the moon?

1 hour ago, LPW00 said:

Thing is, u didn't, did ya? Max has built a music player already, how close are u to the moon?

That was just a figure of speech... believe me 2+ yrs is just too much... 

52 minutes ago, JJ Singh said:

That was just a figure of speech... believe me 2+ yrs is just too much... 

I will believe in you if you can build it yourself. 2 years is a very long time but if this isn't Max's main source of income he will still need to work. 

3 hours ago, LPW00 said:
Catman51said:

In 2 years I could've built a rocket, gone to the moon and came back.

This thread is entertaining atleast ??

excuse me for my english, i'm currently using v704 on my android car multimedia system, i have to make a full reset of it is there anyway to backup my Poweramp settings including eq presets to restore them after re-installation?

1 hour ago, Aaron Fist said:

I will believe in you if you can build it yourself. 2 years is a very long time but if this isn't Max's main source of income he will still need to work. 

U know.. This world still exists because of people like u... Fingers crossed till the last of this month.. ??