Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

16th April, that's... erm, well only half-way through the month.

Enough with the ETA requests and expletive-ridden tantrums folks! We've all (well, mostly) been around here long enough to know not to hold our breaths waiting for releases, but to enjoy it when something finally arrives.

Andre

I'm surprised u haven't quit by now Andre....i mean seriously...this thread is pretty much the only active tread. Its either folks bitching about no update, or an issue they have with current version that cant be fixed. why bother hanging around as a forum mod at this point. Just log off and leave it to the wolves....lol. :lol:

@maxmp

It's absolutely ridiculous that so much time had passed and the notification problem in Android 8.1 still hasn't been addressed (the 3rd party fix doesn't count). Screw the new interface (although it looks very 2020). I just want the current version to work properly. This (see the attached picture) is disrespectful.

Screenshot_Chrome_20180417-005213.png

On 4/11/2018 at 3:56 AM, musick said:

As @andrewilleysaid, go ahead & test it out on PA alpha. If not, wait for the beta release(hopefully this month), or go for UAPP(USB Audio Player Pro), which I can confirm added HiRes to Mi A1 since it was mentioned in the changelog a few updates back. Hope this helped! Happy listening!

USB Audio Pro looks cool but dang it's $7!!!  They don't have a free version.  dang.  i wanted to try it.

I can't believe I've been coming to this forum everyday since April of last year.   And still no newer version.   And to think others been coming here lots longer then that.  This is ridiculous.  I took a break using playerpro but most my album covers have to be selected manually as they don't load automatically even though I added them through itunes.  no support from that dev either.   pity.  two top rated music apps and no help or support from either dev.

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

16th April, that's... erm, well only half-way through the month.

Enough with the ETA requests and expletive-ridden tantrums folks! We've all (well, mostly) been around here long enough to know not to hold our breaths waiting for releases, but to enjoy it when something finally arrives.

Andre

I agree. We should be happy with a music player that already sounds the best. @Andre will the new beta though include true lyrics support that's one thing I'm missing that media monkey has? Thanks Max Thanks Andre!

On 4/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Sylvo said:

Thanks man 

but just asking how do u know that high res audio is working ? 

The audio quality btw play music and Poweramp is different( Poweramp is better obviously)

Is that mean high res Is working ???

UAPP has an in-built HiRes driver that you can turn on if supported on your handset. Regarding quality, I do agree Poweramp & UAPP sound better than GPM on the same hardware(that may be due to the absence of a tweakable EQ on GPM to a certain extent). However, I have not done/am not capable of analyzing audio spectrums, nor do I have professional grade(read HiRes IEMs or DACs,etc.) hardware to test the player out. UAPP does support DACs OOB, though. So, I trust the devs and the reviews. Sorry couldn't help u out :(

2 hours ago, Sylvo said:

When humanity has Civilization in Mars... 

Max still not updated Poweramp

Max joins Putin's force. Max is stonger than Trump. PowrAmp is still better than my wife. Plx Max pliz release da PowrAmp to USA, no, it is us. I'll pay the taxes again. Tank you vri how much. Piece! ✌️

guys that usb is pure trash, Poweramp crushes it in any version. trial is worthless and so would the full version be. ive owned 19 devices and no player can even mimic close, i even say better than s9 atmos. MY note 8 supports the hi res so it DOES have it enabled.

1 hour ago, Random.Potato said:

Max joins Putin's force. Max is stonger than Trump. PowrAmp is still better than my wife. Plx Max pliz release da PowrAmp to USA, no, it is us. I'll pay the taxes again. Tank you vri how much. Piece! ✌️

im in the united states, its available worldwide. its on my device.

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

USB Audio Pro looks cool but dang it's $7!!!  They don't have a free version.  dang.  i wanted to try it.

USBAP to me sounds better than power amp. And with the recent major update very easy to work and look gorgeous. If you can try it. 

5 hours ago, Icarus said:

guys that usb is pure trash, Poweramp crushes it in any version. trial is worthless and so would the full version be.

And why is that? UAPP has network support (including SMB and shoutcast), parametric equalizer (in-app purchase), bit perfect direct audio output including DSD output (bypassing Android audio mixer), subscription audio support (tidal, google, etc), real support for internal and external dacs with custom driver.

Thanks to UAPP I now enjoy music without any equalization and a proper USB dac (smsl idea).

You don't know what you're talking about.

wow, so it took 4 years to develop a UI update that no one asked for?

And the one most requested feature DLNA/chromecast is moved to version 4? circa 2022 I guess, and yes expect chrome cast api to change by that time...

edit: my apologies 4 year is an understatement since there is nothing released yet.

12 minutes ago, kalix said:

wow, so it took 4 years to develop a UI update that no one asked for?

And the one most requested feature DLNA/chromecast is moved to version 4? circa 2022 I guess, and yes expect chrome cast api to change by that time...

edit: my apologies 4 year is an understatement since there is nothing released yet.

You seem to be a little different from everyone 's meaning of 'nobody '.

@andrewilley

This thread is already a mess and I do not really see any point in continuing it. There are people angry because of the delays, other ones that either angry to the angry ones or trying to calm them down, some are laughing at the delays or trying to guess the dates with meaningless posts and some even discussing other options (UAPP etc.)

I suggest you lock the thread and reopen it once you or another member is contacted by Max with an update. I use the thread following feature (notification of replies) and any update is emailed to me so I will know immediately when  there is some action. Others could do so, too. I'm really sorry that this thread is now more that one year old.

12 hours ago, dvvmvp said:

@maxmp

It's absolutely ridiculous that so much time had passed and the notification problem in Android 8.1 still hasn't been addressed (the 3rd party fix doesn't count). Screw the new interface (although it looks very 2020). I just want the current version to work properly. This (see the attached picture) is disrespectful.

If it's the color of the buttons you're referring too, I'm fairly sure you can just change them in the settings: Settings --> Look and Feel --> Status bar/Notification --> Notification Colors.
At least I can in the newest released alpha version.

Archived