Poweramp Build 810

maxmp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, maxmp said:

Are you sure you don't have some preset assigned to some non-BT output?

It would be nice to have some method to view/reassign/remove any existing EQ presets, as it's quite easy to create one and forget you've done it. Or is the basic named list sufficient now that there are no per song/etc EQ options?

Andre

4 hours ago, artemcun said:

So what's a problem to delete x86 version from Google Play and use only uni-version?

Why though? The Intel version is still valid for people using older devices and the v2 version of the app. For v3, there's only one version so no confusion.

Andre

One big drawback for developers like myself, Poweramp does not install on x86 images of android virtual devices. The amd avd image for earlier android versions does not work, later versions of android do not even have an amd image. I realise the interested audience for a version that install on x86 avd is pretty small, myself and a handful skin developers. 😃😃

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately I can't reproduce that.
Are you sure you don't have some preset assigned to some non-BT output? This will behave differently vs Audio Output No-Equ option.

Please open equalizer and connect / disconnect BT device. If some preset assigned, it will be selected, otherwise, Equ/Tone buttons are disabled (if No Equ setting is enabled).

Here is a video with my settings and my problem. During the video I am switching from headphones to Bluetooth and back to headphones.

Having a problem with the volume control buttons on my Bluetooth headphones.

I can turn the volume up and down by pressing the controls on the actually phone. The problem is that I can only adjust the volume UP with the control buttons on my headphones. When I attempt to decrease the volume using the headphone buttons the volume bar goes down for 1 second then right back to where it was. I've tried rebooting but no luck. Running a Samsung Galaxy A6 8.0.0. This problem only happens in Poweramp. Pandora, Spotifiy etc are fine. I'll post a video after work to explain more clearly.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, andrewilley said:

Fair enough, I just thought it would be such a simple tweak (just adding a slider thumb at the other end of the slider bar to make it a range) which would make it a much more useful category with very little work involved, and no extra complexity from a user point of view as the default would stay with the left slider set at zero anyway.

Andre

Why not have one per-playlist bookmark saved automatically with the only user options being always resume from bookmarked position or never resume/ignore?

3 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

@maxmp The results are in. I just can't get Poweramp to play perfect gapless. Check the attached video. This happens on any output with a huge buffer when Mp3 is played for the first time from SD. The second play it runs fine. At the end of the video you see the gapless tag.

Wow, I've never seen that gapless tag, where did it come from? What do you use to rip your CD's? I use DBPoweramp and rip to MP3 VBR with the v0 option for highest quality. My gapless albums play gapless just fine on the 1st go. All my music is stored on a Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO card, phone is a Moto X4.

4 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

@maxmp The results are in. I just can't get Poweramp to play perfect gapless. Check the attached video. This happens on any output with a huge buffer when Mp3 is played for the first time from SD. The second play it runs fine. At the end of the video you see the gapless tag.

Nice eye sore!!!

7 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Wow, I've never seen that gapless tag, where did it come from? What do you use to rip your CD's? I use DBPoweramp and rip to MP3 VBR with the v0 option for highest quality. My gapless albums play gapless just fine on the 1st go. All my music is stored on a Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO card, phone is a Moto X4.

I use EAC or Cdex. Both give the same result  I will give DBPoweramp a try. 

I use a Samsung EVO 256GB class 10 SD on an Axon 7. So maybe it just has to do with the speed of the SD Card. Changing the SD is kind of an issue for me since the chip of my second SIM is removed from it's plastic and glued on the SD to have dual SIM and SD on a hybrid simcard slot. Kind of a tricky hack...

Hoping @maxmp can add some kind of prebuffer so the speed of the SD card shouldn't be an issue.

14 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

For you, does it remain gapless after the first play for ever?  For me eventually it will get a gap again (Ithink - more testing on that)- I know Max has said PA doesn't cache stuff, but presumably the OS does at some level?

@maxmphi max, I feel that in version 810 and even several previous versions, the quality of the sound is reduced or restricted, at least in my device, I feel this. Is this correct, maybe some of the settings that have been previously disabled have been activated or disabled? Please inquire My device huawei mate7 android 6.0 Also, I've already asked for audio enhancement features like DTS, many devices are not supported by HI-RES. If there's a helping hand in the app for voice on these devices, then a better voice On older devices

2 hours ago, eserim said:

For you, does it remain gapless after the first play for ever?  For me eventually it will get a gap again (Ithink - more testing on that)- I know Max has said PA doesn't cache stuff, but presumably the OS does at some level?

Nope, not forever. Once it's cached/buffered it plays fine. I think that once a track is cleared from chache/buffer the gap is back. Maybe the solution can be found in Poweramp preloading the following track, before it starts to play. Or we have to upgrade phones/SD cards, since I do believe it's because of the cards speedlimit.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Nope, not forever. Once it's cached/buffered it plays fine. I think that once a track is cleared from chache/buffer the gap is back. Maybe the solution can be found in Poweramp preloading the following track, before it starts to play. Or we have to upgrade phones/SD cards, since I do believe it's because of the cards speedlimit.

But my card works fine in an older phone.

1 hour ago, eserim said:

But my card works fine in an older phone.

On V2 gapless worked fine for me. So yeah, something has changed in V3 since it has a complete new audioengine. But still, from internal memory everything works fine. And @w3wilkes has no trouble playing gapless songs from a faster SD card... Still I hope Max finds a solution. 

@invaderzim Thnx for the tip. I will look into it. 

Archived