Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp beta build-792

Recommended Posts

Before switching to the new beta I would like to know if HiRes output is now implemented for the Pioneer XDP 100R?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 11:27 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Any plans to improve landscape UI for tablets ? Could use some optimizations. Small bugs on my 2ng gen nexus 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-beta-build-792-uni.apk

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Beta:
This Beta is feature complete release. Few things are missing though, like incomplete translations

Changes (from Beta-preview):
• all Library categories, including all the actions
• Dark Skin + per skin options - Pro Buttons, Static Wave Seekbar
• Poweramp can be shown on lockscreen (vs separate lockscreen UI previously)
• support for multiple item selection / actions in all categories, including Search
• new per-artist selectable and downloadable images
• new Low Rated category
• Folders Hierarchy (and many others) category can be enabled via Library menu => List Options
• removed ringtone action / removed per-song equalizer preset assignment
• per-output assigned presets now applied on output change and Poweramp start (previously were applied on each track change as well)
• improved headset button handling for Android 8.0+
• dynamic playlists (e.g. Recently Played, Top Rated, etc.) now can have more than 200 items as in v2
• Lenovo X3 ESS DAC 24bit support
• OpenSL HD Output renamed to OpenSL Hi-Res Output
• settings were reorganized slightly
• landscape layouts added

device-2018-08-10-063828.jpg device-2018-08-10-063936.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064003.jpg device-2018-08-10-064047.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064226.jpg device-2018-08-10-064419.jpg

device-2018-08-10-064454.jpg device-2018-08-10-064709.jpg

Sometimes the music keeps playing but there is no sound and the equalizer looks like this.

There are some volume issues also. It is low on some headphones.

I'm using a moto X4

Screenshot_20180817-164155.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an amazing update and I thank you all for the hard work done on this. 

I love that the new player now utilizes the inbuilt DAC of my phone. 

I do have a small issue though where the player doesn't remember my sorting choice. It's a little finicky. After I change to sort by year it remembers it sometimes and other times it doesn't. Not really a major issue but just something I experience.

 

Another small issue I see is kinda weird, the scanner doesn't seem to read all the songs of the same album in the same folder. If an album has 12 tracks, I can see  all of them in the file manager and if I use other music app players I see the entire album, however Poweramp just doesnt see all tracks. And it only occurs for one or two artists. I've changed several settings and even deleted the app and reinstalled but I get the same issue. I don't know if there is a cache/metadata repo somewhere that needs to be deleted to try again.

I also retagged my mp3 files to be consistent but I still see no changes.

 

In any case, just wanted to say I absolutely love this player, it's always been my favorite player and even if you charge for the upgrade I will have zero issues paying for it. Thanks again for all the work.

Edit: Wanted to add I'm using the latest build 793.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone is spamming Poweramp forum with Chinese posts, the entire forum is impractical to browse thanks to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 793 where is the option to apply song rating not just thumbs rating also how do you save Poweramp items for reinstall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aygross said:

On 793 where is the option to apply song rating not just thumbs rating also how do you save Poweramp items for reinstall

No option for rating as of now. Just a ?? and ?? option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fullmetal_soldier said:

No option for rating as of now. Just a ?? and ?? option.

Just like Netflix :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shuffle doesn't appear to work properly all the time.

In a playlist with 34 songs it will skip certain songs. I have the playlist set to repeat and it will never play the song or songs again. I have to re-shuffle and start the playlist over to get them to be played.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a slightly annoying issue.

Every now and then my sort settings for List Options: Folder Songs get reset back to default. So far it only happened  for 'Sort songs by x'. View As settings didn't get reset.

This happens when I stop the playback, close the app and open it again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I revert to the previous version?? I can't find it and leaving the beta is downgrading to a much over version. I mean the version before the very new one right now. I dislike it and it had many bugs for me. Please help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, XOTWOD said:

How do I revert to the previous version?? I can't find it and leaving the beta is downgrading to a much over version. I mean the version before the very new one right now. I dislike it and it had many bugs for me. Please help! 

You're probably looking for version 790, install the apk from this thread:

790 Release Thread

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miso said:

Found a slightly annoying issue.

Every now and then my sort settings for List Options: Folder Songs get reset back to default. So far it only happened  for 'Sort songs by x'. View As settings didn't get reset.

This happens when I stop the playback, close the app and open it again.

 

I got the same or something like this on Xiaomi redmi 4. Sorting of albums or songs by their path in folders didn't store after closing the app. After rebooting everything became ok. Try to reboot your gadget if you didn't done it after installation of app. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Galaxy Note 4 android 5.1.1, Poweramp keeps telling me that i need to grant access to my micro sd card in order to delete files. It keeps asking me to grant access even though i did, and i still can't delete my music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, imeem said:

On Galaxy Note 4 android 5.1.1, Poweramp keeps telling me that i need to grant access to my micro sd card in order to delete files. It keeps asking me to grant access even though i did, and i still can't delete my music. 

Make sure you Grant access to the root directory of you SD. If its inside a folder it won't take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup i tried granting access to the root and granting access to my music folder. But none of them worked. I did not have this issue in the previous beta build b4 the ui change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imeem said:

yup i tried granting access to the root and granting access to my music folder. But none of them worked. I did not have this issue in the previous beta build b4 the ui change. 

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? Maybe try a clean install and see if that works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dafedico said:

- 5-Star rating?

- Shuffle/Random songs in list not work!!!!

if you're talking about the ratings in the play store, that would be for the last version, version 2.  This is the beta version we're talking about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o Hey, thanks for the great update!

I'm wondering can Poweramp's sample rate in Hi-Res Output mode just change according to the actual rate of the song itself, rather than set by me.

Because my songs have different rates and the unmatched sampling rate can cause some bad effects in playing back.

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Looks like the forum is is spammed again from several accounts. 

Where are the moderators?  there's hundreds of spam threads.  and more still coming like crazy.  In different sub forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess the only real issue Over personally run into is the library list option resetting to album after a few songs of an album is played. I always have to go back and select album - album/artist after a while. That and the queue acts very differently from V2 and the alphas no matter the settings. Viciously jumping mid-song to whatever you toss into the queue instantly, IDK. On that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×