Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

58 minutes ago, eduardo579 said:

Hi, I'm on Android Pie 9.0.0 in my redmi note 4 and my hi-res option is active but sound doesn't come out from headphones. Is there any fix for hi-res in Pie support? I know maybe not but just asking.

Hello. Have you tried disabling DVC? Also have you done clean installation, instead of over older version? 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody else noticed issues about that the current version of PA reduces the album art image sizes by half? For example a 2400 x 2400 image reduced to 1200 x 1200, and so on... In version 709, there's an option to enable display high resolution album art, so PA shows the original size embedded image. Even if there's a smaller image like 1280 x 1280 and it shows the correct size, images are looks a lil' blurry and noisy, not like in 709 where smaller images are looks more detailed also.

Screenshot_2018-08-20-18-36-03.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-36-12.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-20-40-52.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-27-02.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-25-14.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-25-24.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-26-03.pngScreenshot_2018-08-20-18-26-42.png

Screenshot_2018-08-20-18-26-55.png

On 8/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, bady48 said:

I noticed (I'm on Huawei p20 Pro, Android 8.1) that in the Library/Folders/List Options Poweramp does not remember the selected filtering. I would like the folders to be permanently sorted by the date of the addition, and meanwhile, after the option is closed, the list returns to filter by name.Can you improve this option? Can I save the setting somewhere as default? 

And another thing: the Poweramp widget is inactive ("play" button, next / previous track button, next / previous disc buttons) in the moment when Poweramp is turned off (in my case the process works in the background). It is only when Poweramp is turned on that the widget is activated. In Version 2 I could "control" the program using the widget even when the program was turned off.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. BTW, amazing player, great sound, beautiful intrerface!

Screenshot_20180820-095049.jpg

Widget_PA1.jpg

No. That shouldn't be default. Have no issues with the widget. Try not using that cleaner thingy u use according to the third screenshot. Cleaner stuff on Android is just garbage.

2 hours ago, LPW00 said:

No. That shouldn't be default. Have no issues with the widget. Try not using that cleaner thingy u use according to the third screenshot. Cleaner stuff on Android is just garbage.

You're right. When writing default I had to think that the changed settings were treated as default.

The widget works as it should if the PA program is on. If I close PA, the widget stops working.

17 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

Max, I really like the app, is there a way to change the default sorting in albums, I usually have it by artists but it does it by album name by default and always goes back to it whenever my phone restarts, anyone know a solution?

also for me, and for the single tracks ... I continue to set the sorting by single track, but as soon as I close PA, it returns by default to sort by name

Screenshot_20180821-200747.png

Screenshot_20180821-200754.png

Long time lurker, first time poster (at least I think this is the first time I post and I'm too lazy to check).

Whew. I was so excited to get the "official" update from the Play Store after trying out the beta from here for months. I fell in love with the UI of the beta, so I was super excited to get the official update from the Play Store a few days or so ago. Finally, my dark theme! And a sneak peek that skins can be implemented again!

Alas, I kept running into bugs/hiccups and still do. Thought it was just me and/or my phone, only to come back here and check out that it's widespread. I'll downgrade for the time being, but here are some glaring issues I can think of that I'm experiencing (AT&T US Note8, Android 8.0):

- Lists don't remember their setting; annoying since I like to listen to albums in full and when I close out and go back it automatically goes back to sorting tracks by title than number. Sometimes I forget to switch that out and realize it only when some songs don't play when they're supposed to.

- The "Now Playing" at the bottom (or whatever it's called) rarely shows the correct song that's playing. And when it's wrong and I tap on it to go to the Player UI it doesn't go to the Player UI or anything else.

- The DVC Panel doesn't pop up half the time. I like to set it at 96-98% when plugging it through a DAC so I use the DVCP a lot, and now it doesn't pop up sometimes.

- I can't remember, but I'm not sure whether the full audio output options are there from before.

- Something that's not a glitch but I still want back is the ability to scale the album art. The default size is a wee bit too big for me...!

- Also, the scaled visualization bars for controlling the track in the Player UI are a bit too faded in Dark mode. Maybe if you can make them solid black and gray or something else...?

4dJdqEA.jpg

6 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

Max, I really like the app, is there a way to change the default sorting in albums, I usually have it by artists but it does it by album name by default and always goes back to it whenever my phone restarts, anyone know a solution?

The list options dialog didn't save settings by default, though settings are saved on some other events (e.g. successful activity shutdown or player service shutdown) and this sometimes won't happen for beta due to task killing.

This was fixed already by adding extra save points and next build will include the fix.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

The list options dialog didn't save settings by default, though settings are saved on some other events (e.g. successful activity shutdown or player service shutdown) and this sometimes won't happen for beta due to task killing.

This was fixed already by adding extra save points and next build will include the fix.

Thanks, Max for reading and listening!

Hello,

Is there any way to disable the album art completely and show the number of files in the folder, album like 2/10 for example ? Overall I'm very happy with the new update, but couldn't find these features.

Personally I don't want to see the album art, rather have the control buttons there so I could use the seekbar more easily.

Hi,

yesterday I loaded a single track HiRes album with .cue and discovered it doesn't work fine. it splits the songs correctly but doesn't show the single track names showing for every song the huge flac track name. Tried on my old Galaxy S3 with 709 and everything works fine.

I wanted to say, about album art, that, in my opinion, the 709 flag option to choose the cover inside the folder was very useful. I'm sorry there isn't it anymore. No more way to show an album art to folder containing sub-folders (think to an artist folder containing his albums sub-folders). In the main list you could see a generic picture of him and when you tap then you see all the album art). Nothing new, I did in this way with 709.

Another thing: all the album arts inside the song list, makes confusion 'cause it doesn't have any sense a lot of picture are always the same repated 10/12 times. Maybe useful in a per album or per artist list but, in a folder hierarchy list, was better the 709 one. A lot useful the progress bar under every song of the list. I founded the exact point of a song in seconds. My opinions only...

I wanted to say many thanks to Max for the great job he does. I hope one day, with the help of this forum, will show up a fantastic player. THE fantastic player.

Screenshot_2018-08-12-09-32-03.png

Screenshot_2018-08-12-09-32-46.png

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

Awesome! Thanks for taking your time to answer, looking forward to it?

15 hours ago, maxmp said:

Are there any plans to get Poweramp to work with Google assistant integration in the future btw? And if there is any way to get Google assistant to work with Poweramp as of now

17 hours ago, maxmp said:

Great! Thanks a lot.

New PA is impressive!

Maxamp, Whether it is possible to pause the navigation buttons (virtual buttons) with the program, that is, to have the visualization in the virtual buttons also semi-transparent. The application interface is more consistent. Please answer.

@maxmpMaxmp, Whether it is possible to pause the navigation buttons (virtual buttons) with the program, that is, to have the visualization in the virtual buttons also semi-transparent. The application interface is more consistent. Please answer.

@maxmpI mean the background of virtual buttons that are shown on some phones in black and in some white, which appears completely uncoordinated. If this background is synchronized with the virtual buttons, then the program will be incredibly beautiful.

I have a problem with selecting the sample rate. My phone is sony xperia z2 running stock 6.0.1 android. On the 704 version it worked fine, but on 709 and now on the latest 790 i can't seem to select 96khz sample, but in the backgroud you can see it says 192khz is selected. Any help?

And yes, the z2 has hi-res output, but it's only 24bit/96khzScreenshot_20180823-005513.thumb.png.a140cfedcf594b461cb304163755b775.png

Archived