Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

Not sure if it has been covered in the last 22 pages, but it seems the app wants to default the playlist to alphabetical.  I see an option in the folder to change it to track #, but after the app is shut down it goes back to alphabetical.  Couldn't find an option to set it globally to play by track #.  What sort of monster would play an album alphabetically?  

Other than that, it's going pretty good.  Sound quality on my HTC 10 is much improved over the two previous versions.  Hoping for someone to make a skin to give some transparency to the blocks.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MeGustaPowerAm What version of Android are you using? 

The overlapping is almost certainly a screen resolution problem. I haven't seen anything like what's in your screen grabs. 

I've got PA running right now - lots of stereo and ditto with the Kenwood in the car, using a BT link. Maybe PA and your version of Android aren't getting along with each other well?

The fast forward/reverse functionality does seem to have been ...uh... muddled by the new progress bar/slider. It makes jumping to a specific point of time in the track easy enough. Slide the volume display while watching the "time played" numbers until the right drop-in time is found. However, it's much easier to fast forward or back until the right sounds show up. I agree that the arrows and tapping the cover is redundant. 

Can we get the songs/albums grid view of 790 back? Maybe a toggle somewhere? I kinda liked it. 

Also there is a issue of hi-res lowering the volume of the music by aprox 30%. Using OnePlus 6 stock 8.1/5.1.9. (works great on my OnePlus One though.) 

PS: also I found the buttons are a tad too big. I click them while seeking or they get in the way of seeking. 

12 hours ago, Death-Dealer said:

Nice that u accept it.....But there was a vote on what should be done about it.  Nothing is a vote that lost.  The best thing is an option for placement.  Or at the very least below the album cover.

Screenshot_20180813-112745_Dolphin.jpg

Exactly i also voted for the 4th option.. but i went to the thread and voted and left a comment.. i did not rant about it in some other thread claiming that my choice is the one which is important ?

23 minutes ago, Xeltos said:

Can we get the songs/albums grid view of 790 back? Maybe a toggle somewhere? I kinda liked it. 

Also there is a issue of hi-res lowering the volume of the music by aprox 30%. Using OnePlus 6 stock 8.1/5.1.9. (works great on my OnePlus One though.) 

PS: also I found the buttons are a tad too big. I click them while seeking or they get in the way of seeking. 

There is an orientation issue which max accepted.. mostly will be fixed in next update

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is shuffle not working properly on playlists? Seems like it always plays the songs on my playlist by album, which is also the order I added them in. 

I understand this is beta so I'm ok if it's currently broken but I just want to be sure that theres not something I'm doing wrong. It seems to work fine everywhere else.

1 hour ago, RBEmerson said:

The overlapping is almost certainly a screen resolution problem. I haven't seen anything like what's in your screen grabs. 

I've got PA running right now - lots of stereo and ditto with the Kenwood in the car, using a BT link. Maybe PA and your version of Android aren't getting along with each other well?

The fast forward/reverse functionality does seem to have been ...uh... muddled by the new progress bar/slider. It makes jumping to a specific point of time in the track easy enough. Slide the volume display while watching the "time played" numbers until the right drop-in time is found. However, it's much easier to fast forward or back until the right sounds show up. I agree that the arrows and tapping the cover is redundant. 

What about the headphone buttons? I am having the same issue as @MeGustaPowerAmp. I am on Redmi Note 4 with android version 8.1. Other audio players respond on the headphone buttons where Poweramp only detects when the screen is on. But fails to respond on the headphone buttons when the screen is off.  I am facing this bug from 709 build.

10 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

I'm using 8.1... Well, actually I'm using AOKP based on LOS 15, Android 8.1, so maybe that could be a problem... I'll try another music player and see if the mono only issues continues.

I saw the overlapping issue in another screenshots, in this same thread. Maybe it's related to the Spanish translation of Poweramp (the screenshots were from another Spanish-speaker user)

My problem with the “slide the spectrum to FF/rewind" action is that when I want to rewind or advance just a couple of seconds in the audio file, I have to drag the entire spectrum to the exact point I need... it gets annoying with the time.

My S7 is rooted to 7.1. Fortunately, I can't do custom ROM'S. I suspect your problem is tied to the ROM. 

Based on something earlier from someone trying to use Vietnamese, you're probably right. Spanish titles may be throwing off spacing. Try English titles to see what happens. 

I fully agree that the new spectrum/slider control of the playback head is much, much too coarse. 

I have three problems!

1) Shuffle all tracks resets itself. Say, I have 50 tracks and want to shuffle them all, then stop playing. It used to work perfectly, now the I see the track counter has reset itself when I resume playback (not always). Why does this happen, and also what is the "categories" thing that automatically gets included in the default shuffle function?

2) The "wallpaper-as-background" function of Oreo shows the homescreen background blurred. Didn't use to be the case in the Alpha build.

3) The song title doesn't scroll anymore... Sometimes I want to see the entire thing if it's long and I don't know the song.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:14 AM, tmz said:

In "List Options"  there's a check box for "Folders Hierarchy." ("List Options" is under the Library view, via the menu at the top right.)

In the new beta version that check is not longer exist... I can't see it yet...

Edit. I found it!

Archived