Poweramp Build 814

maxmp

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 814:
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• bug fixes and stability improvements

Build 813:
• Always Keep Notification option now works when headset disconnected
• support for some ROM variants on old Samsung devices
• for 4x1, 4x2 widgets album art becomes larger when Album Art Shadow is disabled, Background or/and Shadow Opacity is set to 0 (depending on background style)
• widget Title, Other text, Repeat/Shuffle options
• 4x1, 2x2 widgets can be resized to a smaller size now
• musixMatch (if installed) is shown for lyrics
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• Lock Screen / Direct Unlock option (depends on device lockscreen options)
• BT commands ignored for 3sec. after connection
• fixed Huawei notification colorization
• other bug fixes

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That you so much for making Poweramp better, I really love the new v3 version! I have one question regarding the icon. I have MIUI 10 and the icon looks a bit odd, as in the image enclosed. Is this the intended look, with that dark square in the background?

Screenshot_2018-12-12-07-10-18-644_com.mi.android.globallauncher.png

46 minutes ago, anca2604 said:

That you so much for making Poweramp better, I really love the new v3 version! I have one question regarding the icon. I have MIUI 10 and the icon looks a bit odd, as in the image enclosed. Is this the intended look, with that dark square in the background?

Screenshot_2018-12-12-07-10-18-644_com.mi.android.globallauncher.png

Hi,

This might be because your launcher might be applying adaptive style icons..

42 minutes ago, 4pj4 said:

Hi,

This might be because your launcher might be applying adaptive style icons..

MIUI does indeed something with the icons, some of them has a solid background, while other's doesn't. As an example Hi-Fi Cast doesn't get the solid background while Poweramp does get it. As a matter of fact most of my installed apps has a solid background.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the update, checking it out now.

@maxmp  I just got an Nvidia Shield, it shows as incompatible from my browser, is there any way to install Poweramp to that system?

Edit: Managed to sideload V3 build 813 on my Shield, it works, but barely as a lot of the buttons aren't usable without touch control.

@maxmp I noticed a possible bug that I don't think was there before.

When you open the player, then pause the song, and then swipe Poweramp away. Look back at the widget, after a couple seconds it will glitch and say <<no song loaded yet>>, then it will return to the info as before. It happens every time on multiple devices. 

Holy sh*t it finally works!!!!! (On my old samsung phone)

Max I don't know how you did it but you are a god.

I actually gave up completely and was going to use 704 until my phone bricked because other apps are way worse even compared to your alpha version. So hyped to use the new version.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

When you open the player, then pause the song, and then swipe Poweramp away. Look back at the widget, after a couple seconds it will glitch and say <<no song loaded yet>>, then it will return to the info as before. It happens every time on multiple devices. 

+1 Oneplus 6 Oreo

Good to see proactivity in Poweramp's development but can't say i'm happy with the departure towards style over function and simplicity.

I appreciated the previous plain jane interfaces which I found to be both intuitive and logical to use.  The track shuttle function, for example, is too unconventional and not even something  adopted by sound editing software currently in the market.

And is there a way to turn off the animations? Eerily feels like MS Excel.

At the end of the day, entertainment is suppose to come from the music, not boom pow visuals and animations. But that's my own engineering philosophy.

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

Also on Samsung S7 Oreo

@maxmp, thanks for the new update!

Can you bring back sorting by Album Artist, pretty please?

I can see that various artists in compilation albums are now grouped together, which is great. However it's still showing the Artist of the last song in the album, instead of the Album Artist, see below. Album Artist are actually "Various Artists" for both albums.

20181213_003438.jpg

Archived