Poweramp Build 814

maxmp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

I found this dual bar option super useful that's why I only use this but because of the touch issue seeking is not that enjoyable like your default waveseek option.

If you disable Pro Buttons mode you will just get a central play/pause button covering the waveseek bar. Track changes can be done by left/right gesture on the cover artwork. You will lose next/prev list control of course, but that's what you were asking for in the first place. 

Andre

15 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I see multiple people requesting these two things each update on V3 and we're struggling to explain what it is we're missing since the upgrade from V2 to V3. Since I have V2 build 709 on one device and V3 build 813 on another, I took some screen shots for comparison with a small sample library that has the exact same files on both devices. Note I do have the option: "Show Album Artist Tag instead of Artist tag" turned on for V3)

Let me just say first, I think Poweramp is grouping albums perfectly fine.

1. This is Library/Artists/2pac in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Notice in V2 the album artists tags are shown instead of artists tag making it clearly distinguishable what albums are Various Artists or side projects. V3 looks like one artist across the board because you can only see artist tag when viewing albums. Also V3 picks the last song artist name to display under the album that should say "Various Artists". In most instances it makes it look like a soundtrack or compilation is by one artist. This is a major bug for me and others that carries over into multiple categories.
1806770917_v2ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.5195b827ded8062dba7a658ed44f7d24.jpg1656305755_v3ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.b0eab4c9400b1b31da96866575049849.jpg

2. This is Library/Genre/Hip Hop in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Same issues as the category before.
177619237_v2ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.d04041c6aa201f130c708e132d20a06e.jpg532583879_v3ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.283891296b24e714c34e69c62a1e1894.jpg

3. This is Library/Albums in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Again it has the same issues as the other two categories.
401560275_v2Screenshotalbums.thumb.jpg.ca536e9cc2e9669a1053a36703e8828d.jpg1078333563_v3ScreenshotAlbums.thumb.jpg.bf78972d2d6f55fe1109408e19c80b98.jpg

4. Besides being able to clearly see the album artist tag in these three categories above, you could also sort by album artist tag. This is not one I ever used but this is the other feature people are requesting.

662874307_v2ScreenshotSorting.thumb.jpg.27cad3dd1020c9d9212c0c25b7e1873a.jpg

The problem with using Album Artists category and Albums by Album Artists category as a substitute is they only work for Various Artists albums. Otherwise if you have your library tagged a little more advanced like some of us do it scatters albums all over the place by breaking apart one artist into many different ones and will be largely separated depending on the size of your library. It also removes artists songs from where they should be. For example some 2pac songs from compilations would no longer be in 2pac, they would now be separated and listed as Various Artists.
785742496_v3ScreenshotAlbumArtists.thumb.jpg.4c189a64141b1405e333fd2cba42e37a.jpg

Another problem with Artists category and Genre category is they break the albums into multiple pieces that make it look like you have multiple albums by the same artist by not being able to see that album artist tag. It wouldn't be bothersome if you were able to see that there's a artist difference like V2 shows and not look like a bunch of discrepancies or errors in the app. These being the two most popular categories makes this a problem for a lot of people.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-20-38-24.thumb.jpg.ea2df50f90257b64f910a67f8190b5dc.jpgScreenshot_20181211-180820.jpg.8c29d34038198c99212d73aef1ae2852.thumb.jpg.d60a5619ce46728796e4d2646c219ced.jpg

The sorting was probably removed on purpose to hide the Unknown Artist bug. I get that part. But can't the "Show Album Artist tag over Artist tag (If Exists)" apply when viewing albums too? That shouldn't affect grouping or sorting?

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort! Yes I was specifically requesting that Sort by Album Artist option, and would like the albums view to show Album Artist, but have the tracks list to show Artist. That's how they're shown in v2.

@maxmp are you able to accommodate this please? Many thanks!

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

There is no such issue on my miui 10 @ pie devices, you may need to reset your audio output settings to defaults.

I just did as you suggested and there's no improvement, unfortunately. Audio stutters and it didn't before. I wish I could downgrade to Oreo but that's not possible.

I have MIUI 10 stable on Pocophone F1. 

42 minutes ago, Mostafa Talaat said:

It worked , i thought the queue shows everything playing.

No, the queue is simply a way to 'break away' from your normal chosen playback method (albums, folders, artists, all songs, etc) to play a few specific chosen tracks before returning to your normal playback mode afterwards.

Andre

2 hours ago, anca2604 said:

I just did as you suggested and there's no improvement, unfortunately. Audio stutters and it didn't before. I wish I could downgrade to Oreo but that's not possible.

I have MIUI 10 stable on Pocophone F1. 

So I have reinstalled the app and this seems to have fixed the issue for now. I didn't import the previous settings, so this must have helped, I guess.

18 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I see multiple people requesting these two things each update on V3 and we're struggling to explain what it is we're missing since the upgrade from V2 to V3. Since I have V2 build 709 on one device and V3 build 813 on another, I took some screen shots for comparison with a small sample library that has the exact same files on both devices. Note I do have the option: "Show Album Artist Tag instead of Artist tag" turned on for V3)

Let me just say first, I think Poweramp is grouping albums perfectly fine.

1. This is Library/Artists/2pac in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Notice in V2 the album artists tags are shown instead of artists tag making it clearly distinguishable what albums are Various Artists or side projects. V3 looks like one artist across the board because you can only see artist tag when viewing albums. Also V3 picks the last song artist name to display under the album that should say "Various Artists". In most instances it makes it look like a soundtrack or compilation is by one artist. This is a major bug for me and others that carries over into multiple categories.
1806770917_v2ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.5195b827ded8062dba7a658ed44f7d24.jpg1656305755_v3ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.b0eab4c9400b1b31da96866575049849.jpg

2. This is Library/Genre/Hip Hop in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Same issues as the category before.
177619237_v2ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.d04041c6aa201f130c708e132d20a06e.jpg532583879_v3ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.283891296b24e714c34e69c62a1e1894.jpg

3. This is Library/Albums in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Again it has the same issues as the other two categories.
401560275_v2Screenshotalbums.thumb.jpg.ca536e9cc2e9669a1053a36703e8828d.jpg1078333563_v3ScreenshotAlbums.thumb.jpg.bf78972d2d6f55fe1109408e19c80b98.jpg

4. Besides being able to clearly see the album artist tag in these three categories above, you could also sort by album artist tag. This is not one I ever used but this is the other feature people are requesting.

662874307_v2ScreenshotSorting.thumb.jpg.27cad3dd1020c9d9212c0c25b7e1873a.jpg

The problem with using Album Artists category and Albums by Album Artists category as a substitute is they only work for Various Artists albums. Otherwise if you have your library tagged a little more advanced like some of us do it scatters albums all over the place by breaking apart one artist into many different ones and will be largely separated depending on the size of your library. It also removes artists songs from where they should be. For example some 2pac songs from compilations would no longer be in 2pac, they would now be separated and listed as Various Artists.
785742496_v3ScreenshotAlbumArtists.thumb.jpg.4c189a64141b1405e333fd2cba42e37a.jpg

Another problem with Artists category and Genre category is they break the albums into multiple pieces that make it look like you have multiple albums by the same artist by not being able to see that album artist tag. It wouldn't be bothersome if you were able to see that there's a artist difference like V2 shows and not look like a bunch of discrepancies or errors in the app. These being the two most popular categories makes this a problem for a lot of people.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-20-38-24.thumb.jpg.ea2df50f90257b64f910a67f8190b5dc.jpgScreenshot_20181211-180820.jpg.8c29d34038198c99212d73aef1ae2852.thumb.jpg.d60a5619ce46728796e4d2646c219ced.jpg

The sorting was probably removed on purpose to hide the Unknown Artist bug. I get that part. But can't the "Show Album Artist tag over Artist tag (If Exists)" apply when viewing albums too? That shouldn't affect grouping or sorting?

Thanks, man!

3 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort! Yes I was specifically requesting that Sort by Album Artist option, and would like the albums view to show Album Artist, but have the tracks list to show Artist. That's how they're shown in v2.

We need this! For those of us who use Album Artists category (library), the pain of modifying an Album's tag thru PC by changing the Album Artists into "Various Artists" in order not for the songs to be scattered and consolidate them to one "Album", when it should have been as is - Artists. @maxmp 

Hi maxmp

I can only choose between OpenSL ES Output and Audiotrack Output. Where is the hi res output?

I also have a feature request. Maybe it is already possible but I don't see it.

Would it be possible to add an option, when the queue list has finished, the songs get removed from that list? 

And is it possible, when I shuffle all my songs, to see the whole playlist in the shuffled order they are going to be played with? And also be able to rearrange them if needed.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, I have a pixel 2 XL with a Hidizs sonata HD DAC cable II

Screenshot_20181208-215154.png

7 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

Switching back to artist tag for the track list was one of the things I didn't care for in V2 but I can see why that is important if you have a compilation album with a Various Artists type tag. I actually really like having the option @maxmp added to V3, being able to see Album Artist tag instead of artist tag when viewing songs because I mostly use album artist tag to view multiple bands grouped by one artist tag. I like that I can see that tag when playing music and looking through playlists.

I think the way we all win is if maxmp leaves that option he added alone and then either made it a standard like V2 to see Album artist tag when viewing albums or added it as an additional option. Maybe he can do a "If Exists". From the responses I've seen, I'm not sure the sorting option is an easy change.

10 hours ago, NetoPinheiro said:

I've just updated from 813, and even after a clean install the same problem, the sound is crackling, nothing strong but with good years... :$

Funny my sound on my laptop started crackling when watching shows on Netflix or Youtube or MSNBC and then i get on my tablet to play something, I think it was on Poweramp and it did the same thing.  I was like what the heck.   I think a Chrome Browser update for the computer must have did something.   It followed me to my tablet.  I haven't noticed Poweramp doing that on my phone and i had music playing a lot today.   But the bug where the music quits putting out sound happened again on my phone and my tablet.   Yesterday i was playing nature sounds on my tablet and then when i woke up it showed it was playing but there was no sound.   Today i was listening to music on my phone and when it changed songs the sound went off.   The progress bar was still moving.   time was still ticking.   I had to turn off my bluetooth speaker and back on again.   This bug has been around for several versions.   I can't believe there's so many bugs on V3.   Was V2 this bad?

@Absinthequ thanks for detailed request. Note that this is not a "bug" in Poweramp v3 - it was intended to show artist everywhere and album artist in appropriate category.
(Actually there is a related bug in build 70x alphas (while it displays album artist tag, it won't properly sort by it, or add to queue/playlists with proper sorting, etc.)).

I extended Album Artist Label option to Albums as well, including sorting "by artist" everywhere - this is in the next build 815 (PM me if you want to test it a bit earlier).

57 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Absinthequ thanks for detailed request. Note that this is not a "bug" in Poweramp v3 - it was intended to show artist everywhere and album artist in appropriate category.
(Actually there is a related bug in build 70x alphas (while it displays album artist tag, it won't properly sort by it, or add to queue/playlists with proper sorting, etc.)).

I extended Album Artist Label option to Albums as well, including sorting "by artist" everywhere - this is in the next build 815 (PM me if you want to test it a bit earlier).

Woohoo...thanks @maxmp for adding this (finally)! And thanks @Absinthequ for your detailed screenshots too. Can't wait to see the next build! 

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

This is the problem.

Album Artists:
Albums are listed according to the tag 'Album Artist' and if it is empty, albums are listed in the 'Unknown artist' item.
Fix: If the tag 'Album Artist' is empty for a normal artist album, the tag 'Artist' is used for the Album Artist.

Albums by Artist:
Albums are listed according to the tag 'Album', where a compilation album is shown multiple times for each 'Artist' tag in the album.
Fix: If the 'Album Artist' is specified, ignore the 'Artist' tag and label it as 'Various' or blank, to have a compilation album only listed once.
If list is sorted by artist, artist name is still the second line.

The only way that is working for me, is to have both the 'Album Artist' tag and all the 'Artist' tags the same name, e.g. Various ...
To display the artist, the 'Title' tag is set to Title/Artist, which is a problem in the Artist list.

Hopping someday we can make our own lists.

Archived