Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Poweramp team?

I am enjoying Poweramp very much ?

I have also added 10000+ visualizations?.   I am very happy with this stunning version.  thank you Developers ?

Now suggestions time..

? Song meta info i.e. Which is at the  bottom of the screen is only changing on touch. I think  it should be auto changing with slide up animation. 

? current song /Total song is also not showing on the main UI, I think it should be also there in some corner. 

? Artist name  textview should be more dynamic and it will  good when it will also show album, genre, year etc... , next song with  slide up transition animation. 

? as I have already suggest that current playing Song name color should match the surrounding this should be similar to visualization name panel. 

? visualization is not changing automatically please fix it soon. 

Please sir don't feel bad I am not finding flaws I want that our favorite player should be best player in the world. ?

Love You Super Developers.. ?

Thank you?

Screenshot_20180505-010416.png

22 minutes ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Hello Poweramp team?

I am enjoying Poweramp very much ?

I have also added 10000+ visualizations?.   I am very happy with this stunning version.  thank you Developers ?

Now suggestions time..

? Song meta info i.e. Which is at the  bottom of the screen is only changing on touch. I think  it should be auto changing with slide up animation. 

? current song /Total song is also not showing on the main UI, I think it should be also there in some corner. 

? Artist name  textview should be more dynamic and it will  good when it will also show album, genre, year etc... , next song with  slide up transition animation. 

? as I have already suggest that current playing Song name color should match the surrounding this should be similar to visualization name panel. 

? visualization is not changing automatically please fix it soon. 

Please sir don't feel bad I am not finding flaws I want that our favorite player should be best player in the world. ?

Love You Super Developers.. ?

Thank you?

Screenshot_20180505-010416.png

I want to download these virtualizations :/

3 hours ago, xander71 said:

Oh, so that's why it looks like the PA using the Hi-res output, but because of V4A it plays just only 16-bit 44.1khz. Ok, so I understand now why i can use Hi-res, and why stable even it is not supported. For now I uninstalled the V4A for test it only with XtremeMusic. The result was shocked me. Now the XtremeMusic shows that it plays 32-bit 384k ultra Hi-res, but I think it just still 16-bit 44.1k

Screenshot_2018-05-04-13-42-40.png

Screenshot_2018-05-04-13-41-19.png

Screenshot_2018-05-04-13-41-54.png

This gonna be more weird and weird everytime I try to do anything else to test the Hi-res output. Lol..

What's next ? If you have a video app to prove it's alienated, the PA has an output of 1080p.

I'm not sure but I think that this way you can not really prove or refute the Hi Res output of PA.

I am very glad that Poweramp is being updated once again. Poweramp was my favorite-then it was Jetaudio Pro-then Poweramp alpha uni 704 (which I have used almost exclusively the last couple of years) Poweramp is are now pretty much better than any other player and very close to the sound quality of Jetaudio Pro. Please keep up the great work and make Poweramp the undisputed king of android music players that it has always (almost always for me) been.

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Assuming you use lock screens of course, which I don't. As long as I'm in a trusted location, mine unlocks directly to normal screen.

Anyway, I think all that's needed is the option to use regular controls and/or gestures, not to remove either completely. 

Andre

You don't have double tap to wake on lock screen? When my phone is off, I just double tap and I get the lock screen. I also have trusted places turned on.

Even in your scenario, you still have less clicks to get to just the notification bar.

I guess options are good. I actually like the entire UI, even text on album art. It's just "cleaner".

4 hours ago, xander71 said:

Snip

Just because V4A has a cult following doesn't make it good. V4A sucks and will down sample all of your music. If you are going to use V4A, turn off high res in Poweramp.

Installed the beta preview version on my Galaxy S8 Active with Android 8.0 Oreo. Playback starts okay but is interrupted usually after only one song or two are played. Has anyone else reported this as a problem. Let me know

Brian

1 hour ago, SynekPablo said:

I'm not sure but I think that this way you can not really prove or refute the Hi Res output of PA.

One could argue that if you can't tell if the sound is better by listening, checking it via software it's a somewhat pointless exercise anyway... ;) 

Andre

1 hour ago, BROKEN said:

You don't have double tap to wake on lock screen? When my phone is off, I just double tap and I get the lock screen.

Nope, in trusted locations (which in my case means at home and while I'm in my car) tapping the Home button directly opens the device, with no extra lockscreen getting in the way. Other than when I'm out and thus want a security unlock, if I ask my phone to wake up, I expect it to wake up.

.Andre

@xander71
The current version of Poweramp will use hi res even if your device does not support it.
The final call whether the final output is in high resolution or not is based on whats inside audio_policy.config and the android audio mixer.
In your 1st picture you can see that the output is at 24 bit 192khz, on the second one the info you get is that your audio file is standard resolution, medium quality mp3 and that the dsp is mixing at 32bit 192khz but have no info on the output and is what actually matters. On the 3rd picture, well I assume that viper uses a custom audio driver that bypasses the android mixer so it's a good solution.

I can't really understand why people insist on upsampling audio since resampling always degrades audio quality.
If you have a flac file that is 16bit 48khz and you upsample it to 32bit 768khz it will degrade the audio quality. The optimal solution is to use bit perfect/direct output (output equal to input) which Poweramp does not have unless you equalize your audio because if you do you already messed with the audio quality anyway.

I have some suggestions for the next update 

1. Fix on transitions, still lagging sometimes 
  2. Add shortcuts like Most Played, Recent, Folders etc or an option to customize theses shortcuts 
  3. Centralize the controls on notifications 
  4. Theme black back again 
  5. Fix the lockscreen

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Nope, in trusted locations (which in my case means at home and while I'm in my car) tapping the Home button directly opens the device, with no extra lockscreen getting in the way. Other than when I'm out and thus want a security unlock, if I ask my phone to wake up, I expect it to wake up.

.Andre

Ahhhhhh ok I understand now. You have a physical home button. 

On 2018/5/1 at 8:30 PM, Sam Sensei said:

Player notification not working properly

See attachment for more details

No pause play next album art in notification

My device :

Remi note 4 (Snapdragon 625)

Android  : 7.0

Using weekly custom rom by Xiaomi.eu

Rom v8.4.19

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-39-19-487_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

This is caused by MIUI custom. The expand notification bar works both on Android N and O, however MIUI customed the notification bar so it does not support expanding.

The solution is possible. The notification bar style should be able to select from the setting menu manually to solve this ROM related problem.

@maxmp

9 hours ago, pavankona said:

Are you playing the audio via phone speaker? Hi Res output is available only with Headphones/External Speakers connected via 3.5mm jack and with USB DAC. 

It is not supported for phone speaker. Connect headphones and check. Before connecting headphones pls make sure you have enabled hi res output for headphones / aux. 

Screenshot_2018-05-04-23-01-44-414_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Where is this screen located? 

10 hours ago, pavankona said:

Are you playing the audio via phone speaker? Hi Res output is available only with Headphones/External Speakers connected via 3.5mm jack and with USB DAC. 

It is not supported for phone speaker. Connect headphones and check. Before connecting headphones pls make sure you have enabled hi res output for headphones / aux. 

Screenshot_2018-05-04-23-01-44-414_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Hey... I have connected the headphones but where is this Hi Res Experimental Option..? 

Screenshot_20180505-090732.jpg

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

One could argue that if you can't tell if the sound is better by listening, checking it via software it's a somewhat pointless exercise anyway... ;) 

Andre

.I can not contradict that.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:30 AM, andrewilley said:

Or, to play Devil's Advocate here, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Change purely for change's sake is not necessarily a step forward - take Google's whole Material Design mess for example, or Windows 8 (or even 10) as a supposed "improvement" over the Windows 7 user interface.

Andre

Uhh.. you brought philosophy and windows 8/10 into the discussion, on all of which, but the win 8 interface, I'll beg to differ.

But just regarding the new Poweramp UI, I'm okay with the design change (not hating on the previous). 

I haven't faced any accidental/miss-swiping. I'm not fond of the text on the black-bars over the album art but I'm not able to relate to the strong allergic reactions on this forum to that text, nor to the hatred over 'material UI' looking horrendous or anything, or even to the flaming on the wave-bar. Only a few users, forum/non-forum, would even be able to classify this UI as 'material'. I think the main screen looks just fine, if not a bit better than the previous UI aesthetically. The blur customisation on the main screen is a fun addition.

The wave-bar helped me to move precisely to the few seconds, to listen to the voice/singing on that very part, fat thumbs used to make precise seeking very hard with the seek-bar. The wave-bar concept is something new to me and it looks good, just hoping the bars themselves get fixed soon to properly relate to the quiet and loud portions of the song.

However eventually an option to toggle buttons/gestures and customizing the text, as well as reducing the width of the wav-bar should be nice. 

As of now, I'm just looking forward to 

1. the HiRes functionality getting fixed, 
  2. the star rating,
  3. the ability to delete and
  4. Occasional crashing and not opening unless you wipe its data, as soon as possible; followed by the numerous things Max has already put in there, but they don't work yet, but I can wait for those patiently.

Archived