Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

Overall, the build is good. However, I found two (possible) bugs. 

1. When enabling float 32 sample format, the volume drops by a bit. I am using sony C4. I am not sure if my ROM supports Hi-res but when using (EXPERIMENTAL) hi-res output, volume drops by atleast 80%.

2. When using "search" option, I am not able to find Folders category, but can find songs and albums category. I hope this lies within the incomplete list that Max mentioned in the changelog.

3. The most common: The playback stops when turning off the screen, I have tried all possible suggested solutions like using wakeclock and disabling aggressive background. But the issue still exists. This might be one of the biggest bug of this build. 

And finally some opinions:

1. Need more buttons on main player screen. Previous and next buttons should be implemented and option should be there to disable gesture/swipe for changing tracks.

2. Need to remove unwanted text from the album art. Just the title name should be enough.

3. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!) I really liked the gesture navigation within library/folder/album/list (Dont know if much of the people have found this new feature). But, it would be more useful and handy if Max makes this gestures like in touchpad of most laptops. I mean, right now even if you swipe left or right, it takes you one step back towards the main payer ( EX:- from folder to library to main player). It should be like back and forth. If you swipe left it takes you back (folder to library to player) and if you swipe right it should take you more deep/in (from library to folder to individual song) using previous history. 

If anyone found these bugs and opinions necessary, quote this. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, shriommanerker said:

Oneplus 5T open beta 7, im unable to install the apk. It says "cant open file" . Does any1 else have this problem ?

I am on Oneplus 5T open beta 7 too, all install ok, i uninstall old version before install new.

25 minutes ago, Airwind said:

miss the function of sharing the song ,it's

useful!!

I can see the option to share the whole album/folder, but cant proceed the action. I hope this lies within the incomplete list that Max mentioned in changelog. Yeah, it was indeed useful

4 minutes ago, lburgos34 said:

I have a galaxy s8 plus the power amp 704 alpha is to me te best one but I can't download to mi galaxy s8 plus please I need help with this thanks you

If you are willing to download the alpha/beta builds (non-google versions), try opening the apk from the file manager and not from the browser.

I am more than happy to see the new V3..

Just installed it and after using it for sometime I found out these bugs..

Unable to open list options

Recently added is not opening up

Can't go to the player by touching the widget

Fonts goes dark on their own first worked fine for a bit..

I also have a slight incompatibility of widget as 5x2 doesn't shows up as is previewed in the widget menu

It feels bad to Nick pick issues but this would help in development of a stable and better V3 so I am giving my input...

I tried Poweramp on my Nokia 5 running Oreo 8.1 

First of all, thank you for the update. The thing I'm missing the most right now is being able to change the theme of the whole app, not just the settings menu. Also, I would like to be able to customize the UI elements roundness since I don't like rounded corners. Hopefully these features would be implemented.

22 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

In picture it shows DVC not supported with it grayed out and no way to turn it on or off. S7 Edge Snapdragon USA, and I had no problems on Alpha 704. Does not anyone care about this. I have said it multiple times now. I am just going to give up, if no one cares at all.

Screenshot_20180429-235519.png

I think you want to use DVC. But by "No DVC SUPPORTED" means it is already on and you cannot turn it off, particularly in that output. I hope this helps. 

I see people suggesting to reduce the size of the wavebar... Frankly the wavebar is the perfect size in my opinion.. where according to the tracks it increases its height... If we resize it it would look shabby and the variations would look insignificant

3 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Well, as others have mentioned, the low volume because of this. This does nothing by changing anything that deals with DVC on other settings. So no matter what someone offers for me to try or says, it is not working, like it used to on Alpha 704. So I am using the basic output until it is back to normal. After I started mentioning it, others have too, about low volume in Hi Res.

I do agree with you that volume is low on Hi-res output. I think Max has to work a lot on this issue for the next build. 

14 hours ago, koolicecream said:

Hi Andre... Even I m on oneplus 5 with android 8.1... 

Want to confirm... Are you facing issue when click on the song name below is the song restarting..? 

PicsArt_04-30-09.03.43.jpg

I'm on OnePlus 5 with 8.1. Clicking the song name in your pic takes me back to player view. Song does not restart, but continues to play. Pause and play toggle at end of name works as expected.

7 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Actually, it is disable by default and says not supported anyways, and it was on alpha 704.

Umm, AFAIK, it's enabled by default in both 704&740

Can you disable it via Audio>advanced tweak and check... ?

8 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

I have disabled it and does not a thing in Hi Res Output. Try again, and it is 790 not 740. As I have said again multiple times, that I am not the only one having this issue with low volume in Hi Res.

Yeah, Read your earlier posts now. Somebody said above, if you use OPENES HD with Float32, it will be a little lowering of Volume, but not as much as Highres. You can try if you want to. Else you already are good to use the normal output till Max fixes it :D

And who will tell. How to remove the visualization of frequencies on the screen? And the one that moves behind the power button on the track screen when the cover is still visible, and the one that works itself on a black background, removing the cover.

Archived