Poweramp builds 912-921

maxmp

52 minutes ago, code said:

as I updated to the last release 916 (18 Dec) I get an error concerning the impossibility to load the skin (Luminous Black),

importing the latest backup doesn't help. Don't know if the problem is caused by PA or by the skin.

Stefano

I, too, am on Luminous Black version 6.7 (latest). Author said to enable this option when you are in PA Beta tho I had no issues with the skin, I just had this enabled.

IMG_20211220_223859.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Author said to enable this option when you are in PA Beta tho I had no issues with the skin, I just had this enabled.

thanks for the suggestion, I missed that switch(!)

nevertheless, when I try to enable the skin I get:

"Skin failed ... resetting to default"

I guess I'm using some particular feature that mess things up.

Edited by code

1 hour ago, invaderzim said:

I, too, am on Luminous Black version 6.7 (latest). Author said to enable this option when you are in PA Beta tho I had no issues with the skin, I just had this enabled.

IMG_20211220_223859.jpg

Hadn't noticed that setting, but having now looked, mine is not switched on and the skin works. Seems like it hasn't helped @code either way. 

21 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@MotleyG please be more specific about your device, Android version and source of app (play or apk sideload). 

IBasso DX160 (DAP)

Android 8.1

Play store beta v916

Note with v915 I had no issues loading any skins. With v916 I cannot load Yaps or Luminous Black.

@MotleyG play build moved to the “bundle” type distribution. This unfortunately may fail due to the “missing” resources on custom, modded, or non-fully compatible Roms, though some issues may be fixed. 
You may get better results using side loaded apk (uni build).

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@MotleyG play build moved to the “bundle” type distribution. This unfortunately may fail due to the “missing” resources on custom, modded, or non-fully compatible Roms, though some issues may be fixed. 
You may get better results using side loaded apk (uni build).

@maxmp Confirmed that using the uni build has resolved the issue. I had to uninstall the play version, install the unit build, then a full rescan and restore the backup file. All skins are no working again. Thanks for the tip.

Can this be resolved for future play versions for official non-beta releases?

@MotleyG play builds are dynamically assembled for each device according to the device specs. Unfortunately, uncertified devices/ROMs sometime either lie about their specs, or otherwise have issues with these dynamic apks (as never tested/indented it to work with modern Play).

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@MotleyG play builds are dynamically assembled for each device according to the device specs. Unfortunately, uncertified devices/ROMs sometime either lie about their specs, or otherwise have issues with these dynamic apks (as never tested/indented it to work with modern Play).

That is unfortunate. Also strange since I have used Play builds for years, and until this latest 916 build had no issues. The folks at Google aren’t making any new friends lately.🤪

However if this is the case I will make sure to disable auto-update for PA, and instead use the uni builds moving forward. These are available faster anyhow. Thanks for the quick support.

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

play builds are dynamically assembled for each device according to the device specs. Unfortunately, uncertified devices/ROMs sometime either lie about their specs, or otherwise have issues with these dynamic apks (as never tested/indented it to work with modern Play).

Hi Max, installing the 916 UNI version solved my problem with the Luminous skin, I'm on a Sony Xperia 10 III running it's original Android 11.

Previously, I always used the Play versions with no problems. I hope this is just a "transient" bug linked to the beta version, it would be rather annoying to have to download manually any new version.

1 hour ago, code said:

I hope this is just a "transient" bug linked to the beta version, it would be rather annoying to have to download manually any new version.

I'm sure Max will do something to resolve Google's latest bit of nonsense before rolling a new version out to the stable channel, otherwise there could potentially be quite a large backlash even though there is a known fix of using the website version. It's one of those situations where it doesn't really matter where the actual problem lies, users will simply see it as being a fault with a recent Poweramp update.

Also, I'm not sure how Google would react to advising their users to not use downloads from their Play Store service but to use an external website instead.

Andre

@code I don't think I can reproduce any issues with Play bundle build and skins on Play certified devices, though I don't have exactly Sony 1 III, but any other Android 11 device in my test lab works fine with that skin (I tried 916 build + latest skin version from Play on default settings). If you have some issue, it would be helpful to Send Log (from Poweramp settings) exactly right after you've tried the skin and it has failed, also either PM me here or in topic so I can find your log. Also, backup of your settings (including 3rd party skins) will help with this.

There are some devices, as I indicated, which will fail to load play builds ("bundle", starting from 916), or play builds + skins and nothing can be done about those as there is a bug in their ROMs and such devices are often not CTS certified (can't have official Play on them). Few devices may also fail to load some resources for Play builds, such as Cyanogen mod Android 6 variants (One Plus 1, 2014 and few similar), though there is workaround for them and they work now. Anyway, stable channel has those devices excluded, beta channel can't have exclusion rules, unfortunately.

Thanks!

@maxmp A few people have been reporting this issue with 916 on the Facebook group too, I've suggested they read this thread so maybe they can add some input to help?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/345285962807317/permalink/862948704374371/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/345285962807317/permalink/862843034384938/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/345285962807317/permalink/862976681038240/

Andre

@andrewilley there will be some improvements in the regard of 3rd party skins + Play build in the next build, but I can't say if it will help with the reported issues or not, as I can only fix issues which are reproducible or the ones I have log for (such as automatically reported by Play).

On 12/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, MotleyG said:

Since v916 both Luminous Black and Yaps skins won’t load for me. I had no issues at v915 for either, this problem was introduced with the 916 changes. Interestingly, the Liv Dark and other skins by @giannisgx89are all ok.

Yaps broke and won't load but Liv Dark worked. so I left it on.  Not updating my tablet till this is fixed.  

Yo, long time no see

Updated to v916 about 15 hours ago and haven't been able to use the Luminous Black skin even with that Poweramp Beta toggle enabled on the skin settings.

After reading here for a bit, the workaround with the Chromecast button, mentioned here by user "inazuk" works:

Check the chromecast button setting of PA. If this option is set to "main menu",change it to main screen or main screen button.

So if you use Luminous Black and can't load the skin, or maybe even others (I haven't tested with others but you can try it), go to the Poweramp Settings, Look and Feel, Player UI and change the Chromecast Button option to Main Screen. You should be able to use the skin again after that.

Btw, thanks for fixing the Stereo Expand noise thing, for a few days I thought either I or my phone was finally going mad.

LG G7, Android 10 (Clean and Official AUS ROM flashed through LG UP), Poweramp build-916-bundle-play

Edited by ScarletNeko
Added part of the original message about the workaround

20 hours ago, code said:

Hi Max, installing the 916 UNI version solved my problem with the Luminous skin, I'm on a Sony Xperia 10 III running it's original Android 11.

Previously, I always used the Play versions with no problems. I hope this is just a "transient" bug linked to the beta version, it would be rather annoying to have to download manually any new version.

I forgot to mention that I have been using the UNI apk version in this site when new PA beta is out. Had no issues with Luminous Black since then.

For other users, try the UNI apk and that might solve other skins.