Poweramp Equalizer builds 972-974

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else having issues with this update where profiles not auto switching based on the device they are connected ?

I had to manually change the profile each time I'm connwcted to a different device. which was working prior to this update, nothing changed in PAE settings or profiles. Thank you!

Edit - Restarting the device seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by Poweroomph

Hello! 

I still don't understand why the equalizer only works for spotify, it doesn't work on YouTube, YouTube Music, Tidal, etc.

I have a Galaxy Note 10 Plus device, With Android 12. 

The same problem present in a previous device a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. 

Screenshot_20230813_101809.png

@Juan Chavez check Equalizer settings / Equalizer doesn't work for details/workaround.

(YouTube music actually works fine).

On Android, it's player app developers who set if their player should be equalized or not. Spotify/Youtube Music developers enabled that, Tidal developers do not want their player to be equalized, some other developers are not aware of this Android feature or don't care.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 10:04 PM, Poweroomph said:

Anyone else having issues with this update where profiles not auto switching based on the device they are connected ?

I had to manually change the profile each time I'm connwcted to a different device. which was working prior to this update, nothing changed in PAE settings or profiles. Thank you!

Edit - Restarting the device seems to have fixed the issue.

Yes, and some of my assignments went missing.

• 4 weeks later...

I have granted all the necessary permission via ADB tools, but still the equalizer isn't detecting any other player like Youtube Revanced, MX Player pro, etc. What might be the issue?

I'm using Redmi 11 Prime running on MIUI 14 (Android 13)

@Minhaz Check that the DUMP permission has actually been applied in PA-EQ=>Settings=>Equalizer=>Advance Player Tracking. Options should show as ticked like this:

image.png

You could also try 'Enable Player Tracking', which opens up more apps that are not traditional media players for equalization, but you shouldn't need it for the ones you describe.

If all that is OK, go into the 'Known Players' menu option and select which players you'd like to apply equalization to (you may need play something first for them to initially appear in the list).

Andre

• 1 month later...

Hello. Under MIUI 14.0.3, the latest Poweramp EQ DVC is completely unreliable: it constantly warns about absolute volume being turned off, even though absolute volume is not enabled.

It completely disrupts the phone's volume control, and sometimes even the volume adjustment display disappears.

If I uninstall the app, there are no volume issues at all.

Is there any setting that is 100% reliable for MIUI? Or what setting might conflict with the MIUI system?

@kamaleon I have a similar problem, and the full Poweramp player does not appear, nor does my diablo immortal game appear in the list of players, I have no way to disable the equalizer for those two apps.
Having an equalizer on power amp full is not good, but I can't get Poweramp full to not call the EQ app