Poweramp builds 912-921

maxmp

6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I did an update last night and now Yaps gets an error message every time I try to select it.  

Are you on the beta YAPS program, or just main release builds? Theo has made some beta changes to fix layout problems in recent PA builds, and it's working fine with PA 916 on my stock Samsung A70.

Andre

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bencherished said:

@flyingdutchman yes, but the year should not come first. 

It doesn't. Albums category shows the number of songs first, then total duration, then year.

That metadata content is provided by Poweramp, not the skin, and it varies depending on the Category is in use - for example 'Most Played' adds the play count in lists, 'All Songs' shows the song duration and file format, etc.

Extra metadata is not normally shown in the grid views though, as the original point of them was to have a simple grid of just cover art, not reams of extra text; extra text is what the List formats are for. For example this would be the simplest PA default for Albums layout:

image.png

Andre

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 917:

• improved 3rd party skins support
  • old arm v9 32-bit devices now supported again
  • bug fixes

Thanks a lot for this update i love android 12 wallpaper based colors and i am already adding support for all my skins!
Please check the email i send you about the play/pause buttons.

a12_preview2.thumb.jpg.aae64a5f5cdc31a55fba6d8597e9f377.jpg

Edited by giannisgx89

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Fitzian yes, you can try build 917.

Was worth a try, I guess. Sadly build 917 is a no-go again. App is installed, but the app starts at library (per my settings), snaps to the now playing screen, then crashes (more specifically just automatically returns me to device Home Screen) a few seconds later. I’ll stick with 911 build, stable and feature-full enough for me :)

I have just tested the playlist import function with the build 917 on my Fiio M11 Pro. Obviously the saved playlists are added to the existing number of the same playlists with each import. Is this correct?

Is there a way to delete these multiple entries without deinstalling the PA app? It did not work with a full rescan.

Additionally I have saved the relevant log file of the first import.

Edited by beat8000

1 hour ago, beat8000 said:

Obviously the saved playlists are added to the existing number of the same playlists with each import. Is this correct?

Is there a way to delete these multiple entries without deinstalling the PA app? It did not work with a full rescan.

If you import a .poweramp-backup file that contains playlists, the imported playlists will be added alongside any existing playlists into your current system. The imported copies will be internal (i.e. no longer as .M3U or similar files) and have the time/date that they were imported appended to the name. They should be separate items, and not be merged with any existing lists though.

If you end up with duplicated playlist names because you re-imported the same content that already existed on your device, just long-press on one of the duplicates and select all of the items you want to remove and tap Delete. At the next prompt make sure you only delete playlists though, not the actual audio files!

Andre

On 12/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, maxmp said:

Build 917:

• improved 3rd party skins support
  • old arm v9 32-bit devices now supported again
  • bug fixes

Many thanks! Built 917 (from Play) solved the problem with the Luminous skin 🙂

Ok, I have tested this function already because duplicates were still imported when I activated the playlist option "Don't Add Duplicates".
Fortunately I can't loose anything because all the original data including the playlists are stored on my PC. 

1 hour ago, beat8000 said:

Ok, I have tested this function already because duplicates were still imported when I activated the playlist option "Don't Add Duplicates".
Fortunately I can't loose anything because all the original data including the playlists are stored on my PC. 

The "Don't Add Duplicates" feature prevents any songs from being re-added to playlists that they are already a part of when using the '+Playlist' menu option (in case you forget or lose track and try to add a song to a playlist for a second time). It is nothing to do with any import features.

There are now basically three ways to 'import' existing playlists into PA:

Settings > Library > Playlists > Import System Library Playlists - this retrieves any pre-existing Android system library playlists that have been created by other apps on the phone and converts them to internal Poweramp playlists. Usually only ever used once, on first installation, and it's rare to need to revisit this option.

Place an .M3U playlist file into one of your music folders - this is the most common method for using playlists which were originally created elsewhere, such as on a PC or after exporting from an older Poweramp installation. Such files are scanned in automatically and then shown (with their filename extender) in the Library > Playlists Category.

Use the new Settings > Import Settings/Data feature - this will restore any playlists that you had previously saved into a .poweramp-backup file. This feature is only available in PA build 912 or later, and is part of the new more extensive data backup facility which supports choosing which PA elements you want to save or restore; you can even backup an entire PA setup, including playlists, ratings, artwork, etc, to a single portable file. Imports are always created as internal PA playlists, this feature does not build new .M3U files.

None of the above options will overwrite the songs in any existing playlists though, and the new Import feature will generate a unique name for each restored playlist in the form "<name> (Imported <date> <time>)".

Could you explain in a bit more detail what you are doing which seems to be overwriting entries in existing playlists?

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

None of the above options will overwrite the songs in any existing playlists though, and the new Import feature will generate a unique name for each restored playlist in the form "<name> (Imported <date> <time>)".

Could you explain in a bit more detail what you are doing which seems to be overwriting entries in existing playlists?

I have exported all the existing 741 playlists (these should be .M3U files from my PC) to a complete PA backup on 12/11.

Now I'm trying to import the playlists from this backup in a correct way which means that I would expect 741 playlists in Library > Playlists Category afterwards.  At the moment 741 playlists are added to the existing 56 (which can't be deleted manually on PA) after each import. The resulting playlists are 797, 1538, 2279, 3020, etc.  

After deinstalling PA and loading all the data and playlists from my PC I also got 741 playlists in Library > Playlists Category.

I think the best solution according to the comment of @maxmp above would be to execute only one import. ;)

Edited by beat8000