Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

14 hours ago, Ecksdee said:

then why exactly did you post on a hi-res request thread if you have hi-res working?

?

We'll, because I'd previously posted that it wasn't working. Just wanted to say now fixed with the new beta

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Samsung Note 8

2. Android 8.0

3. Cirrus logic (Formally known as Wolfson) DAC on the Exynos Note 8, from my knowledge.

An an aside, it used to work before the 8.0 update.

Edit: using Poweramp with a Fiio-btr1 dac/bt receiver and with the beta 790 I now have access to OpenSL ES HD which does sound better than the default output but no Hi-Res output on the list. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Tiberiu Bratu

@maxmp

Request hires support 24bit 384khz and 32bit at 192khz for Wired Headset/AUX

Device : LG V30/V30+

Android : Official Stock Android 8.0.0

Chipset : Snapdragon 835

DAC : Quad DAC 32bit ESS Sabre ES9218P

Poweramp 709 : 24bit 384khz is not working, only 24bit 44.1khz-352.8khz that's working (via Hires Experimental Output), there is no option for Open SL HD Output.

Poweramp 790 : 24bit 192khz is working but sound weird, there is some skipping, no option for 24bit 352.8khz and 384khz (via Open SL HD Output), there is no option for Hi-res Experimental Output 

I attached complete audio configuration file 

Thanks 

LG_V30_AUDIO_ALLSERIES.zip

Edited by Rizal
Update all audio config file

On 5/29/2018 at 6:30 PM, maxmp said:

It's quite old device, hard to get now. I have ZTE 7 Mini, which has no Hi-res (while having the same DAC), and ZTE Nubia 17s, which has up to 384khz and works in PA just fine.

From your audio_policy for Axon7 it should work with PA.

What is your Android version and ROM if you have any custom one?

If you have installed a custom ROM on the AXON 7, you often experience problems with the AKM DAC. The AXON 7 has an ADVANCED AUDIO DSP CODEC (AKM 4490) and the DIGITAL ANALOG CONVERTER (AKM 4961). When the Official Stock Rome is installed then the ADC and DAC are working great.  I think that has something to do with the internal code that allows ADC and DAC to work optimally together. A custom rome changes this code, which means that the ADC and DAC can no longer work optimally together. In the specs of AKM AK 4961 this is 32bit and 768 kHz dedicated DAC. This can do this but there is a lock that allows a maximum of 24bit and 192 kHz. In addition, a Class G Cap was installed so that the power of the DAC comes to its best advantage. The sound of the AXON 7 is optimal only with the Stock Rome. Any change made by a custom rome affects the sound of NEGATIVE.

13 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

If you have installed a custom ROM on the AXON 7, you often experience problems with the AKM DAC. The AXON 7 has an ADVANCED AUDIO DSP CODEC (AKM 4490) and the DIGITAL ANALOG CONVERTER (AKM 4961). When the Official Stock Rome is installed then the ADC and DAC are working great.  I think that has something to do with the internal code that allows ADC and DAC to work optimally together. A custom rome changes this code, which means that the ADC and DAC can no longer work optimally together. In the specs of AKM AK 4961 this is 32bit and 768 kHz dedicated DAC. This can do this but there is a lock that allows a maximum of 24bit and 192 kHz. In addition, a Class G Cap was installed so that the power of the DAC comes to its best advantage. The sound of the AXON 7 is optimal only with the Stock Rome. Any change made by a custom rome affects the sound of NEGATIVE.

You confused the names: AKM 4490 is DAC chip, AKM 4691 is codec. They can not work at the same time. AKM 4490 is a power DAC, but the power of the system is not more than a weak player, consequently 24-bit / 192kHz.

57 minutes ago, Seve-s said:

You confused the names: AKM 4490 is DAC chip, AKM 4691 is codec. They can not work at the same time. AKM 4490 is a power DAC, but the power of the system is not more than a weak player, consequently 24-bit / 192kHz.

Since you're right, the two reversed. Sorry. The AK 4490 first provides the necessary power to signal in Hi Res. For this he needs a DSP and a codec to process the signals optimally. The AK 4961 takes over. That means as much as, the two works always at the same time only that they do not do the same. Did you wonder why the stock music player is only used to select a track? The equalizer is DOLBY ATMOS. The reason is simple and logical, it should make sure that the audio file is in no way influenced by the Music App. The audio file should be clean when it reaches the AK 4961. This should ensure the best possible AKM quality.

10 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Since you're right, the two reversed. Sorry. The AK 4490 first provides the necessary power to signal in Hi Res. For this he needs a DSP and a codec to process the signals optimally. The AK 4961 takes over. That means as much as, the two works always at the same time only that they do not do the same. Did you wonder why the stock music player is only used to select a track? The equalizer is DOLBY ATMOS. The reason is simple and logical, it should make sure that the audio file is in no way influenced by the Music App. The audio file should be clean when it reaches the AK 4961. This should ensure the best possible AKM quality.

Codec AK4961 can not affect the DAC AK4490. Never and never, under any conditions. It only works for conversations, speakers and mic. only. The DSP function makes the SD820, more precisely the Hexagon DSP core.
  It's not very difficult to see datasheets, is not it?
  Axon 7 is equipped with headphones amplifiers TI OPA1612, again codec does not participate.

7 hours ago, Seve-s said:

Codec AK4961 can not affect the DAC AK4490. Never and never, under any conditions. It only works for conversations, speakers and mic. only. The DSP function makes the SD820, more precisely the Hexagon DSP core.
  It's not very difficult to see datasheets, is not it?
  Axon 7 is equipped with headphones amplifiers TI OPA1612, again codec does not participate.

I have this information from a ZTE developer. He has worked in software development for the AXON 7 G model. If somebody should know then He.

6 hours ago, wormant1 said:

update: I switched to 790 and Hi Res output for aux works now

Are you sure? 790 doesn't do any further checking on the output stages, so while it may be processing high-res internally in PA, you could find your device is converting it back down to 16-bit/low res.

709 does more checks and shouldn't show the option unless HD can be achieved along the whole audio path.

Andre

54 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

I am not here to convince you of anything. I have my opinion and you have yours. Is there at least one point where we agree? 

There are always two opinions - one wrong and the right one is mine.

Build 709 completely broke hi-res support on my rooted Pioneer XDP-100R DAP. Worked fine using build 703/704 and the build.prop hack outlined here. Now audio output is downsampled to 48 kHz no matter what settings I chose in Poweramp. Switching back to the original build.prop file caused Poweramp to switch from Meizu mode to Snapdragon, but it doesn't help with the downsampling issue.

5 hours ago, Seve-s said:

There are always two opinions - one wrong and the right one is mine.

A person's opinion can be neither right nor wrong. That's the special thing about it. Maybe you'll understand that someday.

3 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

A person's opinion can be neither right nor wrong. That's the special thing about it. Maybe you'll understand that someday.

@Seve-s @SynekPablo You guys are making a mess. We know for sure that the AK4490 is working on custom ROMs and doesn't get switched to the "secondary DAC" (ZTE cust support reports it's the low power DAC inside the 4961 but it doesn't matter at all) even when running Atmos. Supposedly this makes the speakers worse since they should be using the low power DAC.

Let's just cover the facts:

-In Nougat (stock and custom alike) Neutron was able to get direct_pcm output. In Oreo stock it won't be able to.

-Max achievable is 192/24, though they say it's truncated to 16 bit for some reason, but nobody really tried

-Atmos switches to the low power DAC

-AEX has a CAD driver specifically made to be able to change the DAC filters, i.e. it sounds (subjectively) better than stock. It's sort of a custom kernel. Try AEX-O.

I'll try to dualboot some ROMs later and check if i can make Neutron or Poweramp work on them. Neutron doesn't seem to work on stock O-B01 even though i've tried with every output possible (including direct_pcm)

@Seve-s Could you link me to the schematics you were talking about? Just curious...

Btw I'm Choose an username... on XDA. We probably talked before lol

On 6/3/2018 at 5:03 AM, SatriaPerdana said:

@maxmp hi max when can I expect the hi res on oreo to be working? Is it will be worked after all the function completed or is it in the next update? 

As of now I'm in nougat and I want to quickly update to oreo, Thx

Hi Res works on oreo, I use android 8.1 LineageOS, and it works perfectly well.