Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Model : Xiaomi - MI MAX  - 1st gen

System : MIUI Global 9.5.2.0 Stable (not rooted, bootloader unlocked), Android 7.0

Why should it work :

Snapdragon 24 bit PCM; It worked on 703 alpha in Android 6, notable boost in volume and the lows.

In the newer versions, the soundstage decreased and there's literally no bass.

Here's the audio_policy

audio_policy.conf.txt

@Noobie

Please go to Audio => Output => Hi-Res Output and hit Restore Defaults. Also check if you have DVC enabled as from your description you have it Off (DVC should be indicated under Poweramp frequency analyzer). Generally, Xiaomis on Snapdragon works fine with Hi-Res and DVC.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Noobie

Please go to Audio => Output => Hi-Res Output and hit Restore Defaults. Also check if you have DVC enabled as from your description you have it Off (DVC should be indicated under Poweramp frequency analyzer). Generally, Xiaomis on Snapdragon works fine with Hi-Res and DVC.

True true, I had turned DVC off a couple days ago. Turning it on increased the volume alot. Thanks.

@sethnet Thanks for the configs. They are the same as P20 which is tested and which works fine with 709, I wonder why it fails for View 10. Will try to get this device on hands and test.

@Reiza Unfortunately, Snapdragon 4xx series has no hi-res output (not sure why Aqstic is mentioned on that page - probably there is an error as no any mention of Aqstic in 435 specs PDF). Your configs contain references for Hi-Res, but as this is custom ROM, they just cause extra resampling from hi-res back to standard res. Nevertheless thanks for the configs.

Why my ZUK Z2 always fail to using hi-res output?

i am using the offical ROM ZUI3.1.161.

when i use the hires out it tells me failed.

but if i flash an audio effect packages in the rec, it does work and variant is Lenovo hires output.

i dont want to use any audio effect so i wont flash that audio effect packages.

so my devices is offically support hires output but dont know why Poweramp didnt.

please fix it or tell me what to do.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, cath said:

i am using the offical ROM ZUI3.1.161.

when i use the hires out it tells me failed.

but if i flash an audio effect packages in the rec, it does work and variant is Lenovo hires output.

Presumably the main OS does not support high-res, but the extensions added by the audio effects package do. What is the audio_policy.conf file on your device with just the basic ROM?

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Presumably the main OS does not support high-res, but the extensions added by the audio effects package do. What is the audio_policy.conf file on your device with just the basic ROM?

Andre

sorry, i just change my ROM right now. i will send you the audio_policy.conf later:P

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

@sethnet Thanks for the configs. They are the same as P20 which is tested and which works fine with 709, I wonder why it fails for View 10. Will try to get this device on hands and test.

There is also a curious difference between the 709 and 790 version with the Huawei Mate 10. 790 allows to use OpenSL ES HD Output on the speaker, 709 does not. 

Screenshot_20180522194545.png

Screenshot_20180522194245.png

Build 790 OpenSL HD output has no device (both device as phone and device as output device) filters - meaning - it doesn't know if the given output device supports hi-res or given phone supports hi-res at all.

Build 709 has appropriate logic to filter out known non-hi-res platforms, phones, and output devices. While DAC actually is able to accept hi-res for speaker, speaker itself is not able to produce any meaningful hi resolution audio and this is specifically disabled / filtered out.

This is a good thing, as hi-res require 4x CPU (or more - e.g. 384k is 8x) processing power vs standard definition audio, you surely don't want to waste your battery this just for numbers in UI.

Adding another one

Phone:  Essential PH-1

Poweramp Build:  709

Why it Should Work:  It uses the Snapdragon 835 processor.  Essential also makes their own Bluetooth headphones that are marked as Hi-Res Audio using Qualcomm aptX HD Audio.  The PH-1 also does not have a headphone jack, so all audio must be over the USB port, if that makes any difference.  I think the USB to 3.5mm adapter Essential includes in the box is some kind of Cirrus Logic DAC.

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

It is a good thing, as hi-res require 4x CPU (or more - e.g. 384k is 8x) processing power vs standard definition audio, you surely don't want to waste your battery this just for numbers in UI.

Thanks for the explanation! Back to 709 then. 

Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F)

Android 8.1.0

Rom: Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 

Poweramp Alpha Build 706 (though I would switch back to 704 if this was the better option in my case)

Hi-Res Output isn't supported anymore, though it was with the 7.0 stock firmware (and worked perfectly there) ... but on my RR Rom, it seems as if Poweramp doesn't recognize my phone as a S6 that has the Hi-Res Output normally. Is there some kind of possibility to tell Poweramp that my device is still the same but with another rom? I've read that you can edit the build.prop to get the Hi-Res working. In the output options my device is listed as "unassigned device" causing the output to be OpenSL ES

If anybody happens to know a solution to the problem that the Hi-Res output is not detected although the device supports it (when running the stock rom), I would like to try that out.

2 hours ago, Njörðr said:

Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F)

Android 8.1.0

Rom: Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 

You should point your question to rom Authors. Usually, custom ROMs have no hi-res support, but I never tested exactly this device + ROM combination, I will do that as it seems like frequent combination.

Hi Max, 

Nokia 8

Stock ROM Android 8.1

Snapdragon 835

Apologies if anyone else requested for this device

Thanks in advance! 

PS Hi res already kinda works for this device in latest alpha releases (704-709), it is available as Hi res Experimental for Bluetooth and Wired, but the volume is too low for high res sample rates...

audio_output_policy.conf

audio_policy_configuration.xml

audio_policy_configuration(1).xml

audio_policy.conf

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

@sethnet I've tested this device. It perfectly works with hi-res via Open SL HD. Do you have Open SL HD available?

device-2018-05-24-143227.png device-2018-05-24-143314.png

Maybe I'm wrong but in the screenshots of other devices I see three available output options: the native audio API OpenSL ES / OpenSL ES HD, and the Hi-Res (Experimental) via hardware.

The Huawei Mate 10 shows the OpenSL ES and the OpenSL ES HD options as seen in the screenshots of my previous post, and in your screenshots, but not the Hi-Res Output (Experimental)... Or is it possible that I am making a mistake and should not expect a Hi-Res option via hardware?