v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

tdas777
Message added by maxmp

Before posting here, please try the following:

Update to build 853+
It has a fix for the playlist related drain.

Settings / Look and Feel / Player UI / Chromecast Button - Disable (Poweramp will restart)
This helps with some un-updated/failing Play services libraries being loaded into Poweramp and increasing battery usage.

Settings / Library / Scanner / Auto-scan - Disable
This helps with some apps constantly/frequently sending file system change event causing Poweramp to rescan frequently and increasing battery usage.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RBEmerson, it was a thread that checks play service, but went into infinity loop, and I think, it is most likely caused by play service not responding. 

Quotes here: 

On 11/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, Crericper said:

After some extra digging, found this: 

Seems like it is waiting for a thread to stop: 

"awakenReason":1,"stack":["java.lang.Thread.join(Thread.java:1268)","com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService.onDestroy","android.app.ActivityThread.handleStopService"...

As: 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, dinfinity said:

Nice work! com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService.onDestroy would be the significant bit here. The application generating the log seems to be a MIUI monitor app, but it still gives valuable information about PA.

Looking at "beginTime":3210750," and endTime":3214770",  it seems that the MIUI monitor gives off a warning because the onDestroy method is taking more than 4 seconds. This is probably because something in that onDestroy method is stuck in an infinite loop as hypothesized before.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:11 AM, dinfinity said:

@maxmp: Sent you the bug report. I suspect this is the culprit:

"player service thread" prio=5 tid=9 Suspended
  | group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 obj=0x12c07340 self=0x7f78b8fc00
  | sysTid=21390 nice=0 cgrp=bg_non_interactive sched=0/0 handle=0x7f7618d3a0
  | state=S schedstat=( 0 0 0 ) utm=3765 stm=66 core=5 HZ=100
  | stack=0x7f7608b000-0x7f7608d000 stackSize=1036KB
  | held mutexes=
  at ׅ.tg$D.D(":702)
  at ׅ.tg$D.ׅ(":696)
  at ׅ.tg$L.ׅ(":759)
  at ׅ.tg.ׅ(":645)
  at ׅ.px.release(":5034)
  at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService.llll(":3093)
  - locked <0x014f9035> (a java.lang.Object)
  at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService$v0.ׅ(":1145)
  at ׅ.pz.handleMessage(":29)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
  at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
  at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

(utm is high and this seems to be the only thread that is not waiting/native waiting)

@Crericper

@RBEmerson, it was a thread that checks play service, but went into infinity loop, and I think, it is most likely caused by play service not responding. 

Interesting. Play Service was mentioned, more than once, as a possible problem. IIRC, tinkering with it was occasionally useful, but didn't prove to be a certain work-around. 

The infinite loop must have been extremely active to hammer the CPU to the point of heating to the point it did. Of course high battery consumption inevitable in this instance. 

FWIW, I've been using existing playlists with no problems. Battery consumption is well within the expected range. 

Is anyone else still seeing issues despite being on version 853?

I'm using a Galaxy S8 and I'm still getting 19.2% usage for 5 hours 1 minute play time via Bluetooth. Currently using a play list made prior to the change. I'll leave it on random all songs tomorrow's and see if the usage within the same range. 

Update;

Just tried it today without using a play list. Battery usage 15.6% in 3 hours 24 minutes play time. 

All usage was via Bluetooth while driving with flight mode on (remote location with no signal). 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi... I am an LG V20 Owner with huge spare-part battery (4100 mAH). The battery Drain issue is still appear even though i have already updated onto the latest version. Previously, i tackled the issue by disable mobile data and it works. recently, i can't do this trick anymore. I was used to play song by using default mp3 player for 1.5 hours and it decreased by 2 % only with 36 - 37'C during idle with mobile data disable and bluetooth ON. Now, it drain significantly (around 20% within 1.5 hours) with temperature around 50'C during idle + mobile data disable with bluetooth ON. I've to Force close the app to save the battery and the problem re-exist once i start the app no matter by enable either disable mobile data. Chromecast & auto-scan has been disable and problem still persist. My current LG v20 android version is Oreo, Second screen is disable, Power savings is active, everything are disabled (WIFI, Locations, etc except my bluetooth to be paired with my wireless headset), my spare-part battery is fine. i've tried to swap the battery with the normal capacity and the battery drain is even worse (100% drop to 70% within 1.5 Hours + mobile data disable and bluetooth ON). Please fixed this issue ASAP

Edit: Does anyone have ever tried to pairing the bluetooth device while Poweramp is active? i just conduct a long-run test from 0000 - 0700 with song running using Poweramp without bluetooth pairing + disable mobile data. My battery drop 5% only from 100% to 95%. Is it just only happened to me? Or, is there any another bug happened with the bluetooth pairing issue?

Archived