YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@flyingdutchmani write this to your mail, but for others 🙂

with v179 problem is same, but i find with what YAPS option is problem...  error "Skin failed..." is show when:

"Button and Icon Options/Front UI Button Options/Change Pro Buttons"

is set to:

"Poweramp Default" or "Poweramp Default Rounded"

so until Theo fix this bug, then simply select another value, not need uninstall/clean PA/YAPS.. 

Hi. On my galaxy note 8 new v179 will not let me change anything. Cant ger rid of waveseek any menus buttons etc

It's like after the update your skin is not being used at all by Poweramp. It keeps reverting back to Poweramp dark and does not stay on yaps

Edited by amber438

@Beda unbelievable !! I wish i could replicate the issue as at the moment i am totally in the dark.

Anybody interested in trying to get to the bottom of this by using adb.exe which stands for Android Debug Bridge. It is a tool whereby you can monitor what is happening on your android device.

Please follow this link:https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Once installed start

adb.exe logcat

and launch the Yaps skin.

You will see a lot of messages flying by so to capture these try

adb.exe logcat > C:\temp\yapslogcat.txt

Once the error has happened, CTRL C to stop the output and email the file to me

Thank you in advance

I can confirm the bug is:

Buttons and icons options -

Front UI Button Options -

Change Pro Buttons -

Poweramp Defaults

I changed to "App Default" and it applied the skin finally. V180. Still some bugs though.

Screenshot_20220205-231231.thumb.png.5568b17295bc886647e8b2c9c4a5bcac.png

I can read the title now in landscape mode, but the seekbar and times are overlapping the spectrum.

Screenshot_20220205-231206.thumb.png.a3ace77cd7baf4573f360b3712925233.png

The rating was in the exact right spot on v177, but now it's a little too low.

Screenshot_20220205-231222.thumb.png.7ed85ab2e399f9c3cbb62d5d6cc49b12.png

Portrait mode is fixed! In v177 spectrum was too low and overlapping seekbar and time. It looks like it could move up a little, but it's fine for me. 

I Hope this helps.

Edited by Ash Roarshock

@Ash Roarshock I am rolling back to V177 and reapply (some of ) the changes. Once at this level I can deal with your specific points again.. The failing of the V180 is due to the new rounded buttons. Poweramp has an issue in displaying them.

A new test version will appear which hopefully gets it back on track.

Anyone wishing to test this please send me your email address so I can add you to the list of testers

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

Now I am getting reports of the skin failing, again for some users.

I can confirm that it's failing to load, previously when I selected any other than Poweramp default button, it was ok but now I can do anything, it just fails to load

Screenshot_20220209-155819_Poweramp.jpg

Fast as lightning as always. :) I'm good, backed up v177 because that was the last version I can use without issues, so I can roll back if the newer versions doesn't do the job. Thank you anyways, your work is well appreciated. v177 works as expected, no issues.

Screenshot_20220209-161100_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by Xander71

image.png.58d9840de15102d08e04be36c53f314e.png

Although I have been unable to state the precise issue, the stacktrace seemed to indicate an issue with the pause button. 

Action taken was to revert to V177 graphics as this release appears to be stable.

During testing, again no problems were encountered.

If this release still does not fix the issue for some users, I would greatly appreciate some stacktrace logs. Without them I cannot resolve this as I cannot reproduce this myself

Anybody interested in trying to get to the bottom of this by using adb.exe which stands for Android Debug Bridge. It is a tool whereby you can monitor what is happening on your android device.

Please follow this link:https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Once installed launch the cmd window and type 

adb.exe logcat

and launch the Yaps skin.

You will see a lot of messages flying by so to capture these try

adb.exe logcat > C:\temp\yapslogcat.txt

Once the error has happened, CTRL C to stop the output and email the file to me