YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@flyingdutchman I know in HMTL CSS (which is very similar) you can give each element its own x-index attribute, but I don't know how the skin XML hierarchy works. Was just a thought anyway.

Of course the perfect answer would be automatic scaling to fill the available gap,  but I know dynamic adjustments are beyond the possibility of skinning.

Andre

@maxmpLooking at the developers console, I notice a number of errors in the pre launch report, below some examples

trictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/graphics/Typeface;->sSystemFontMap:Ljava/util/Map;
	at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:407)
	at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Native Method)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.TextViewHelper.getSystemFontMap(TextViewHelper.java:3)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.TextViewHelper.<clinit>(TextViewHelper.java:1)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.TextViewHelper.getTextOfTextViewOrEmpty(TextViewHelper.java:1)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.EspressoElement.extractDescription(EspressoElement.java:4)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.EspressoElement.create(EspressoElement.java:2)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.ViewScreenStateBuilder$ViewTreeNode.<init>(ViewScreenStateBuilder.java:1)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.ViewScreenStateBuilder.traverseAndBuild(ViewScreenStateBuilder.java:5)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.HybridStateExtractor.tryExtractingScreenState(HybridStateExtractor.java:9)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.hybrid.HybridStateExtractor.getStableScreen(HybridStateExtractor.java:2)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.RemotePlatform.handlePerformScrape(RemotePlatform.java:1)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.RemotePlatform.messageLoop(RemotePlatform.java:27)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.RemotePlatform.lambda$startCrawlAndWaitUntilFinished$0$androidx-test-tools-crawler-platform-RemotePlatform(RemotePlatform.java:1)
	at androidx.test.tools.crawler.platform.RemotePlatform$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.run(Unknown Source:6)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

or

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/graphics/FontFamily;->freeze()Z
	at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:428)
	at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethodInternal(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.getPublicMethodRecursive(Class.java:2075)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:2063)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1690)
	at y.h.<init>(:4)
	at y.i.<init>(Unknown Source:0)
	at y.e.<clinit>(Unknown Source:18)
	at k.w0.g(:4)
	at k.y.m(Unknown Source:116)
	at k.y.e(:10)
	at k.a0.<init>(Unknown Source:33)
	at k.a0.<init>(Unknown Source:3)
	at e.h.onCreateView(:19)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:772)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:730)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:863)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflateChildren(LayoutInflater.java:824)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:515)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:423)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:374)
	at e.h.u(Unknown Source:23)
	at e.e.setContentView(Unknown Source:7)
	at skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin.MainActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:6)
	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7144)
	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7135)
	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1271)
	at androidx.test.runner.MonitoringInstrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(MonitoringInstrumentation.java:2)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2931)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3086)
	at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:78)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:108)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:68)
	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1816)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6718)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:858)

there are a number of others. Is there anything a skin develioper should do?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for fixing the middle-button opacity issue, works fine now:
image.png

Something else seems to have crept in during the changes though, if you are using the +/- 10s buttons, they appear to be picking up a different set of properties from the other buttons (no opacity and added border):
image.png

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you'll be looking into this already, but as Max mentioned in his New Release post there are some tweaks needed for compatibility with PA build 912. Vertical and horizonal spacing/padding/margins are too large in lists for example:

image.png

image.png

It would be nice to include options to use PA's new default skin's 'More Rounded' and 'Less Rounded' buttons and navbar icons too, the 'More Rounded' ones look especially nice.

Andre

9 hours ago, Ahooha said:

How do you set library background color?

Skin Settings > Colour Background Options > App background Options >  App background colours.

Also, I see the same as you insofar as the static seekbar does not appear with the other interface elements when Visualization > Fade Controls is enabled.

Andre

On 12/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, andrewilley said:

there are some tweaks needed for compatibility with PA build 912.

@andrewilley, given the fact there has so far not been an update to the github api repository, I have adjusted the front layout but for the library view I need to know which Library view, which List option, size of albumart. My initial thoughts are that the albumart size is set too small for this view

The layout issues are across all Library views, to varying degrees. Maybe using the new dev kit will help first though. Here's a selection of list views, from smallest to largest:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Let me know if any specific settings would be helpful. Track Font is 12.0. Scale Library Font is 0.9 (which displays in the settings menu as "9" by the way). Library Meta Info is 11sp.

Personally, I think the left margin in the last image is probably about correct to get the maximum content on the screen without it looking too cramped, and the right margin should be similar (plus a little for the scrollbar-safe area). Then the internal padding similar to match.

Andre

@andrewilley the list item layouts changed with the respect for legacy 3rd party skins, so most of them work (almost) as previously. Generally, this change makes it much easier to get pixel perfect alignment for text labels and different fonts, screen scales, etc. Previously it required a lot of manual margin adjustments.

Unfortunately, those which partially override some margins may have issues. Details here: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_skin_sample/readme.md#fasttextviews